Reboot the ST?

Not likely.

SW is a rather different beast than the comic based stories. Those get "rebooted" and changed all the time. SW though has a single consistent arc and lore. Any reboot would be just a technical upgrade (like the many remasters of the OT)

Also, I don't think any amount of rebooting will have any improvement with current management at Disney/Lucasfilm.

Kick KK to the curb and put Dave Filoni there instead, and maybe we can get star wars back.

I don't want to see a reboot happen at all. I was never a fan of a couple of actors in the first six movies, but you can't replace Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher. Those are the two that immediately come to mind for me when talking about a reboot. Ford turned out to be an A-list actor throughout the 80's and 90's. And as the second post mentioned, a reboot wouldn't improve much with the way things are now. I thought TFA was decent, but the last one.. no comment. I highly doubt Disney would even want to anyway.

With all due respect to other posters, I personally hope that they do not start rebooting the Sequel Trilogy just for the sake of some people who do not like it. I've loved the Sequels from the terms of storytelling, character development and new characters. TFA, while it now certainly feels bit bland, was something that really kicked my interest in Star Wars to rise again, not just with the films and other medium, but also with this game and such.

The Prequels didn´t get much praise from people either (Lucas certainly got his share of dirt over those films), yet now they are regarded as masterpieces by some people. (Just note, I love the Prequels despite all their small faults :D)

Also, since Carrie has passed away it would be disrespectful to her memory to wipe away her last work that we got.

Edited by Rebamcfan

I consider the very existence and canonization of this trilogy to be disrespectful to the core 3 actually. Leia barely did anything, Mark Hamill was pissed with the way things turned out I heard and Han Solo had one of the worse main character send offs ever. All the new character they brought in were completely unlikable and forgettable.

There probably is but has any thread been started on this forum where people have posted their ideas about how they feel the ST should have been ran?

I consider the very existence and canonization of this trilogy to be disrespectful to the core 3 actually. Leia barely did anything, Mark Hamill was pissed with the way things turned out I heard and Han Solo had one of the worse main character send offs ever. All the new character they brought in were completely unlikable and forgettable.

There probably is but has any thread been started on this forum where people have posted their ideas about how they feel the ST should have been ran?

then you should be angry at GL for not making the ST before the main actors got too old to do anything.

Hamil wasn't pissed that is gross exegeration. He said he didn't think that Luke would go into hiding. He didn't say he was angry at all. Not to mention I don't think Mark Hamil is the best expert for Luke after all he really wanted Boba Fett to be Luke's mom.

Solo died how Harrison ford wanted him to die. Harrison wanted him to die in ROTJ in the death star explosion.

Sorry but they are not remaking the ST especially since it is the most successful Star Wars films of all time. You might not like them but that is on you not on Lucasfilm.

Seeing as the PT is still the most hated of all the star wars movies they haven't bothered to remake those and they won't.

then you should be angry at GL for not making the ST before the main actors got too old to do anything.

They could have done WAYYYY better than what they did...I mean come on a watered down rebooted version of the Empire? Lazy and uninspired. At least the PT gave us a new villain group. And seeing as how they CGI'ed Takrin and Leia for Rogue One I would be totally happy with them doing that now.

Hamil wasn't pissed that is gross exegeration. He said he didn't think that Luke would go into hiding. He didn't say he was angry at all. Not to mention I don't think Mark Hamil is the best expert for Luke after all he really wanted Boba Fett to be Luke's mom.

Hamill also stated he was pissed that they didn't have a scene where the three of them were together. That is lazy. At least MCU made the most of having key characters share screen ti me together.

Solo died how Harrison ford wanted him to die. Harrison wanted him to die in ROTJ in the death star explosion.

Dying in the Death Star would have been better than dying to a pants ******** crybaby.

Sorry but they are not remaking the ST especially since it is the most successful Star Wars films of all time. You might not like them but that is on you not on Lucasfilm.

It only made money because easy to please movie-only Star Wars plebs just wanted to see Han Solo, Luke and Leia in the same movie again even if they were used badly. And it's on JJ Abrams for desecrating the franchise as he did.

Seeing as the PT is still the most hated of all the star wars movies they haven't bothered to remake those and they won't.

Again, PT actually added to the Star wars franchise. This very game we play is proof of that especially with the use of such elements as Coruscant, the Geonosians and those 3 creatures from the arena fight in 2 (acklay, Nexu and Reek). Anyone who accepts 7-9 as canon are not real Star Wars fans. Even people who only played this game and never saw a film in their entire life are more authentic Star wars fans.

They could have done WAYYYY better than what they did...I mean come on a watered down rebooted version of the Empire? Lazy and uninspired. At least the PT gave us a new villain group. And seeing as how they CGI'ed Takrin and Leia for Rogue One I would be totally happy with them doing that now.

new villian group? what does that even mean?

Hamill also stated he was pissed that they didn't have a scene where the three of them were together. That is lazy. At least MCU made the most of having key characters share screen ti me together.

again no he didn't say he was pissed he said it was a missed opertunity. But that misses the entire point of what the ST is about. It's not about the old characters

the MCU wasn't made 40 years after it started.

It only made money because easy to please movie-only Star Wars plebs just wanted to see Han Solo, Luke and Leia in the same movie again even if they were used badly. And it's on JJ Abrams for desecrating the franchise as he did.

i said ST that includes TLJ being the second most succesful star wars film of all time

Again, PT actually added to the Star wars franchise. This very game we play is proof of that especially with the use of such elements as Coruscant, the Geonosians and those 3 creatures from the arena fight in 2 (acklay, Nexu and Reek). Anyone who accepts 7-9 as canon are not real Star Wars fans. Even people who only played this game and never saw a film in their entire life are more authentic Star wars fans.

Coruscant didn't come from the PT. It came from the OT.

as for adding there is an entire theme park area based off of the ST.

So how has the ST not contributed to Star Wars?

Anyone who accepts 7-9 as canon are not real Star Wars fans.

mmmm there it is the good old gatekeeping.

The insult child screaming "Stop liking what I don't like"

sorry little child but this is Star Wars now. No amount of your screaming will change that. You have been replaced by thousands of new fans. You could leave never buy another star wars product spend your life bashing Star Wars and not a single thing you do would stop it.

If you don't like it that's fine there are thousands of others who have now replaced you that do want it.

guess what? There are more people who are fans of all 3 trilogies then there are fans of who just like the PT and OT.

Edited by jarjarloves

Anyone who accepts 7-9 as canon are not real Star Wars fans. Even people who only played this game and never saw a film in their entire life are more authentic Star wars fans.

I know I'm probably beating a bush here, but I wanted to say this with all due respect towards you as a fellow Star Wars-fan. An attitude like that, saying that someone is not a "true" Star Wars-fan shows what's wrong with our fandom if we can´t accept other people's liking. There are those who have only seen the films. There are those who have seen the films and have used some other mediums (whether its novels, games, tv-series or comics). And then we have people who consume everything that comes out. In the end, all of them are Star Wars-fans like the rest of us playing this game.

It´s alright to not like things, we all have things we prefer over something else. But telling someone that they are not a fan for liking something is not right towards your fellow fans.

Edited by Rebamcfan

Anyone who accepts 7-9 as canon are not real Star Wars fans. Even people who only played this game and never saw a film in their entire life are more authentic Star wars fans.

Look, you're welcome to your opinions about the films, but you don't get to decide who and who isn't a fan. I've reported you for the insult(s), but of course the real reason is the mainstream trying to censor you, right? :rolleyes:

Look, you're welcome to your opinions about the films, but you don't get to decide who and who isn't a fan. I've reported you for the insult(s), but of course the real reason is the mainstream trying to censor you, right? :rolleyes:

yup did the same thing looks like the mods took care of it.

For anyone that is interested about Star Wars Galaxys Edge at Disney here is some great info on how it fits into star wars.

It takes after The Last Jedi

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Galaxy%27s_Edge

Edited by jarjarloves

• 3 months later...
https://movieweb.com/force-awakens-george-lucas-disappointment-explained-bob-iger/

And here you have it folks. Right from the mouth of the Star wars god himself. If you liked Force Awakens then you are not a real Star Wars fan.

Umm, no. He indicated it was disappointing (understandable). He made no judgements as to who is and isn't a fan.

Hell, GL is infamous for not giving a **** about the fans, even when he did run things.