Corrupter Zero HM need advice

To all those that consistently get past Corrupter Zero:

How do you handle the full length laser when he's around 30 - 40%? It seems to happen so fast for us it's pure luck for anyone who isn't a sorc to avoid it. (Force Barrier ftw!)

We'd be downing him consistently if it wasn't for this mechanic. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scionfall

His Death Laser comes anywhere between 20% and 30%. He has a unique dialogue line one second before he's up in the air ("I will disassemble the lot of you!") so that gives you a heads-up to get prepared.

I take the responsibility in our guild's Operations of calling out when the boss is at 30% and examining the minimap to help orient everyone to the position we're all currently clustered in. I say something like, "Boss is at 30, could go up anytime. We are at South." (Meaning we're closest to the south part of the north-south crossing.)

Then when he says his dialogue I say, "Boss is up." I examine the minimap for the boss dot and then say something like "East-West dangerous" or "North-South safe" or whatever comes into my brain first to indicate what the team needs to do. Everyone manages to head in the right direction and get to safety.

It'll all about strong communication and execution.

Currently, I believe that there are two conditions for Corruptor Zero that both need to bet met to start the Unified Beam laser phase:

- The boss needs to be below 35% HP

- The fight has to have gone on for at least ~3min 30sec

This would explain why some groups with a lot of DPS are seeing him start the laser at 20%, while others see it start at 35%.

Other than that, it's pretty much what the other players here already said. Have your tank kite the boss to one of the red walls when you are at 40% HP, have the group stack up onto the boss.

Then, the raid leader (or any other player) has to look in which arm you are in (north/east/south/west) and already think about something like "If the boss appears in north/south now, we are in the right spot; if he is in east/west, we have to move around the corner to the other side."

As soon as the red dot appears on the minimap, you can then quickly call out "Switch" or "Stay" so that the whole group knows where to go, even if they can't read the minimap.

Note there is a bug we had the last few weeks where Corruptor Zero would jump to the positions normally, but he would not cast the Unified Beam and we would not see any red laser. However, he will still continue jumping to the next position, so do not watch for the laser, but for his position on the minimap to switch to the next position.

Edited by Jerba

In my raid team we used to have one guy (me) observing the minimap and calling out when the Boss jumped and when to move. I marked myself and told everyone to follow. Worked out good. You basically only need one who can "read" the minimap and can give commandos while moving.

Lately, everyone in our team has the ability to notice where the boss is so it's not needed anymore. But that's just normal after like 2 months of downing it.

We have the DPS in raid to push him to jump after the second set of adds, so what we do is after the second set of adds we all stack on the boss on the northwest corner until he jumps. Then we move as a group (raid leaders call out which way we're moving though everyone is expected to also check the mini-map). Works like a charm =)

We have the DPS in raid to push him to jump after the second set of adds, so what we do is after the second set of adds we all stack on the boss on the northwest corner until he jumps. Then we move as a group (raid leaders call out which way we're moving though everyone is expected to also check the mini-map). Works like a charm =)

hmmmm .. how do you do it after second wave of adds ???? to be honest i don;t think this is possible unless you class 1 wave of melee and 1 wave of rage aggs as one wave

No onto the original post:

How i do it is after 4th set of adds (range/melee/range/melee) he is usually around 40% for us. I then order our tank to move him to a side (as other mentioned - not on the corner but inside one of the corridors)

We then nuke him while all stack on me. As I am DPS all i do during this phase i watch the numbers flying and once I see IMMUNE i then just look at my minimap. I can see we are in the south hallway. So i know that if i will see the red dot on the North End or South end - we have to move. If the dot is in the other sides I say nothing until i notice that his beam has been cast.

You can see how we did it during our first kill and this still works like a dream for us. We changed how we deal with adds (since then we one shot him every week) but last phase stayed the same.

When we get to that laser phase watch my damage numbers, and then look at the mini map once he goes immune. Try to guess do we have to move or stay. if you watch few movies from different people you can probably practice this way.

The boss in 16 man difficulty is tuned in such a way that it is possible to push him below the threshold after second wave of adds.

A foolproof way of doing this is to increase your zoom range further than what the game client allows with in-game setting (use google if you don't know how to do it). That way I can see all four lanes when the boss drops down. I have the boss targeted so I can see his red circle on the ground before the boss actually flies down and touches the ground.

Currently, I believe that there are two conditions for Corruptor Zero that both need to bet met to start the Unified Beam laser phase:

- The boss needs to be below 35% HP

- The fight has to have gone on for at least ~3min 30sec

This would explain why some groups with a lot of DPS are seeing him start the laser at 20%, while others see it start at 35%.

I agree that health isn't the only requirement. Our team has seen it happen as low as 15%

At least from my experience it seems to me that once you push him under 35%, it triggers a short timer (10-15 seconds?) before he jumps. Have pushed him to 33% before and then adds drop down so dps switched to adds and then he jumped shortly after, which inevitably killed us. To remedy this, we waited at 37% until the next set of adds came down, cleared them, and *then* pushed him under 35 and were able to get him down to 20~ish percent. Our dps are geared enough now that this isn't really an issue anymore, usually the 3rd set of adds are dead when he's at around 40% and we push him comfortably to 20%.

This would also explain how some groups can get him to 15% though, it really just depends on how much dps you can inflict on him during that short timer after he hits 35%

Edited by Bunions