Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Full columi + some rakata dailies stuff.

And first boss got me on 3/4 hits.

Healer cant keep up to heal me through. (healer was bit undergeared but, enough to heal all 1.1 fps)

I dont mind to make fp bit harder comparing to 1.1.

But myabe someone from BW slipped on the floor and hit some random buttons?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're ignoring his mechanics if youre dying that fast. He almost always starts off with an immediate incinerate, which destroys anyone. you have .5 seconds to interupt his cast before a shell is launched. He does it approx every 12 seconds.

Dont go in with 2 melee dps.

you're ignoring his mechanics if youre dying that fast. He almost always starts off with an immediate incinerate, which destroys anyone. you have .5 seconds to interupt his cast before a shell is launched. He does it approx every 12 seconds.

ok thx m8.

i didnt see anything casting, but I could not notice it in the heat of battle ;)

Seems lots of people are having some trouble on that boss. Though I do enjoy a solid challenge (and I'm glad we didn't roll the new HM FP), but we had the same issue.

Mostly columi with crafted Rakata.

Powertech tank

Sorc Healer

Assassin & Sniper dps

Single tick of Incinerate channel on tank seems to take 1/3 - 1/2 my hp. I'm definitely avoiding the aoe and the floor.

Of course we are interrupting Incinerate asap, and you can stop it consistently even with a 12s CD interrupt, but delaying the interrupt by a tick or, even worse, 2 ticks, can spell disaster in a moment.

Again, I enjoy the challenge, but it was a bit jarring coming from the other HMs into this one.

Did the Fp yesterday with assasin-tank, 2 arsenal bh´s and a sorc healer.

Tank had to interrupt incinerate, but if he caught on or two stacks of debuff, he had to be decursed immidiately. The tank even survided an incinerate, that got through, cause we spammed decurse in a row on him (he dropped to 0%hp, but still alive^^)

Wiped 5 or 6 times, till we got the mechanics right.

The other boss, who jumps on his towers and shoots you with poison, was much harder, cause he obviusly bugged the first few times and changed his tower like every 3 seconds^^ The try we got him, hin stayed on on tower for like 10seconds, so you could actually burn him off, which seems to me more working as intended then the 3second version does ;)

As stated, its all about sorting out the interrupts and ensuring the tank and healer are aware of which way they are going to kite.

We did the instance with a guild group of:

1x Jugg Tank

1x Jugg DPS

1x Anni Marauder

1x Sorc Healer

Once we established who was interrupting (Tank and Marauder) who was on adds (DPS Jugg) and we sorted out a kite path around the orbs it was cake.

Just be on top of interrupts and good luck!

Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

(Everyone was in almost full Rakata)

Edited by gsrce

We did it in a couple of tries without setting up an interrupt cycle or anything. So if I'm honest, I don't think its overturned. First boss just needs a bit of planning based on your group setup:

Either have an interrupt cycle, also maybe move as a group essentially limiting the area where the blue circles drop, allowing for a much less hectic fight.

Second boss is easy once you work out the mechanics: First everyone stack on top of him during the smash, so that the knockback is vertical (so you don't go over the edge).

And then when he jumps on the chimney/tower things - the tank and dos should run to their assigned console and start channeling. What this does is that every chimney will burn after the 9second cast, regardless of which chimney he jumps to. (so to answer the guy above - its not bugged, its just the tactic is different to what you'd expect).

Third boss took 2 tries, which seemed sort of easy once you work out how to reduce the damage with the little explosive things that he applies on tank, and anyone standing behind tank in a cone.

I would probably say the 1st boss is the hardest, but I wouldn't say its much harder than the 3rd once solid strat is decided.

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

We managed it with a melee group in mostly columi, some Rakata, its doable with some effort

nope, i dont think its overtuned. i for one am glad we have a hard "hardmode" i really hope they dont go the way of "that other MMO" and contstantly nerf content until you can faceroll/sleep thru it Edited by Gravemist

Compared to what we came to expect from hm it is stupidly hard.

That being said...its exactly what this game needs. We didn't get him down last night...i think closest was 33% but it was fun to not have instant sucess.

I would have been very disapointed to have completed the instance with minor effort the first night.

Ive missed figuring out a stratagy on the fly instead of reading it off some damn page.

Just keep moving him away form the plasma things and interrupt incinerate as priority.

Unlike a certain other MMO, where you can AOE faceroll everything. Bosses in TOR can actually kill you (instantly sometimes) if you don't know what your doing and don't plan ahead. Just how it should be :)

Edited by NasherUK

Compared to what we came to expect from hm it is stupidly hard.

That being said...its exactly what this game needs. We didn't get him down last night...i think closest was 33% but it was fun to not have instant sucess.

I would have been very disapointed to have completed the instance with minor effort the first night.

Ive missed figuring out a stratagy on the fly instead of reading it off some damn page.

We need a better kite path, haha. I checked the Combat logs and I did like 150k of that damage, which is almost all of it. Tough being in there with someone with no columi!! :)

Wait until you check out the new operation. 1 guild already cleared HM, but that is like the 1%.

As for this boss, I love it. there is a ton of **** going on and you have to be on your toes. I love mechanics based fights. Now we have to figure out what we need to do to actually get past this!!

Lastly, I am glad repair bills went down significantly!

Edited by Scuzza

Then you don't deserve that Rakata!!! :)

Melee just has to stay behind the boss...which should be the case in nearly every fight. If your heals have a dispel then you can just get rid of the dot. It was only a problem when our dps made a mistake and got to close to the tank.

Healing kept be busy but nothing does a TON of damage other then incinerate. Its just when someone is getting zapped, while in a emp field, standing in fire with adds on them. Then the health starts jumpin down.

DPS has to be aware and avoid damage from as many sources as they can.

I kept trying LR-5 Sentinel for somewhat 3 hours. We had quite a good group, but on HM it's impossible.

I got full Columi with 4 Rakata items.

The setting we had was:

SI Assassin (tank)

SI Assassin (DPS)

SI Sorcerror (DPS)

BH Mercenary (Healer, which was me)

I can easily keep them alive, that's not the problem. We even figured out the tactics ourselves, but at 26% we keep dying. For some reason he gets a buff which tells us that he "Lost control over the machines". So the Lighting Bolts on the floor are being placed as big ones without a warning. The Lava from the floor goes on all Platforms. So pretty much, we aren't save on any spot.

We kited him very well, and I can Cure the tank as soon as he got a Incinerate DOT.

-The way we were kiting was as following:

The ranged stand on the middle platform, while the tank brings the boss to one of the side platforms (where the adds come from). When we get a Lighting Charge on our spot, we move to them, but we stay behind the boss. After a second Lightning Charge he moves the boss to the top or bottom platform. Again we repeat the same thing, when there are 2 charges, we move to the next platform. And when the middle one is free, the ranged stand on that one.

But when on 30% or so, we cant stand anywhere.

I'd give a vote to Downtune him a bit. Makes the damage from the Lava less, or the Lightning Charges not so big. I don't know.

The other boss, who jumps on his towers and shoots you with poison, was much harder, cause he obviusly bugged the first few times and changed his tower like every 3 seconds^^ The try we got him, hin stayed on on tower for like 10seconds, so you could actually burn him off, which seems to me more working as intended then the 3second version does ;)

that shouldn't matter, when he jumps both dps and the tank should run, each to one of the consoles and start activating it, he can jump all he wants at 10s he should be burned regardless of which platform he is on

what gear is droping from the new HM? is it worth a full rakata going in? i will prolly try getting a group this weekend as i think the story is great (reminds me of resident evil lol)

Other than story - only reason you'll want to go in, is for the weekly quest to get Black Hole comms. Otherwise all main bosses drop Columi with Tionese crystals form mini-bosses, and finaly boss drops Rakata. (I got chest-piece, I dont know if its random Rakata or always chest)

Also regarding its tuning. The first boss is tricky - the rest are fine. But having said that, I dont think it needs to be nerfed, I think once people play around a bit more - certain strategies will be shown to work better than others. And those so called tactics will then become the norm used by most groups (depending on composition).

You ask why you should be punished for your group setup - I say it's not punishment, you just have to find what works for you. This is a 2nd Tier HM Flashpoint. So it should be harder than the other HM FP's as it yields greater reward.

I understand this should be PuGable etc, and that it's just a HM FP, so it should cater to casuals. But I've been a hardcore raider and a social/casual player. Being casual doesnt mean being bad. A decent, not even great (I dont consider myself amazing and I beat it) group should get this down after a handful of attempts once strategies have been compared etc.

If you want the content to cater to bad people...thats a different story all together. The whole point of these encounters is to challenge us. People dont get better by beating the same easy bosses.

As stated, its all about sorting out the interrupts and ensuring the tank and healer are aware of which way they are going to kite.

We did the instance with a guild group of:

1x Jugg Tank

1x Jugg DPS

1x Anni Marauder

1x Sorc Healer

Once we established who was interrupting (Tank and Marauder) who was on adds (DPS Jugg) and we sorted out a kite path around the orbs it was cake.

Just be on top of interrupts and good luck!

Yep, we did the same with a similiar make up on the Rep side. No issues after proper strat was found.

Here is a video of our fight, we had 1 Jugg tank, 1 Assassin DPS, 1 sorc healer and 1 pug marauder who picked up. Everyone other than the PuG was in full rakata.

Healing was pretty rough on this fight and there were a few instances where someone almost died. We kinda brute force our way through, wasn't pretty but we did it.

Hearing about a boss that requires a lot of interrupting makes me, a commando, cringe - seeing that I have no ranged interrupts.

Seeing the developers take this path makes me concerned for the future.