Master Dar'Nala Memory Lane

iheartnyc

Remember Zhentil Keep and their horrible GM?

Or the first time you got smashed by Jeck?

Or <Offline> pre 1.2?

Who can forget Rorshach and his shenanigans.

Or Deoxdexter sending you creepy messages about how much he loves you.

Long gone guilds such as <Onset>, <No Neckbeards Allowed>, <Absolute>, <Dream Team>, <Big Stinky>, <Elite Warlord PvP Gear>, <Exiled Order> and a bunch more I can't think of.

And of course Daiko trying to get you to medidate.

3 instances of fleet when the server first launched.

Sorc pulling each other to their deaths into the pit on fleet.

Shame shame shame on Bioware for not fixing the game and driving these people away.

Did you mean rawshak? Or is there another guy.

Yes the dream team that lasted maybe 2 weeks.

I never got a chance to be smashed by jeck but when I transfered over to the server all I would hear on general chat is 'you wouldn't be talking **** if jeck was here' 'Jeck was the best player ever' 'if jeck was here I would suck him off in the Cantina'

My experience with offline was much worse than Midian. I still remember whole pub teams quitting before the game started, it was the first anyone had seen a leet guild getting double premades in a wz.

More recently was the alphababe saga that no one will ever forget.... Alphababe is a Leroy Jenkins for swtor in his/her own screwed up way.

And who remembers jumpsuit? Haven't seen that guy in ages. He was awesome

Hahahha I was in Zk! Hamanu or something was his assasian tank. He talked soo much crap and loved every mintue of it.

What bout noncombat or was it commandoleader the most annoying kid

Yeah he got me and my friends quite a few infractions in game. I actually ran into "Zhentil Keep" in WvW in Guild Wars 2 and I kept asking them how many world firsts they had achieved so far in the game lol.

Yeah he got me and my friends quite a few infractions in game. I actually ran into "Zhentil Keep" in WvW in Guild Wars 2 and I kept asking them how many world firsts they had achieved so far in the game lol.

Hahahaha bet the are the best pvp guild in the whole game as well. What server are they on?

Yeah all the Aussie noobs followed the Zerg to sea of sorrows. They ended up sucking, not sure how they're doing now

As far as I know most of the guys from Master D that I kept in touch with in GW2 have stopped playing. I will say that the standard of PvP was far higher in GW2 than anything I've ever seen in SWTOR. Even the PUGs wouldn't que up until everyone was on Skype and the team had a plan.

Edited by iheartnyc

I lol'd.

HUNDRED BLADESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...DEAD!

AUTOSHOOT BLEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....DEAD!

Are you talking about random PUG games or the Free Tournaments? Hundred blades and autoshot does not work in Paid Tournaments. If you think I'm wrong let's hop on, roll with a team of Hundred Blade warriors and see if we can get a single point in a Paid Tourney. If you're at least Glory 10, you know it's not going to happen - I doubt you even played the game long because Warrior is considered complete crap in GW2 PVP. Even with very careful planning, hours spent researching team composition and weeks of practice, most teams fail to make it past the first round of Paid Tournaments.

It's really simple. PVP in GW2 is accessible without gear, so anybody has a chance to be competitive. More people playing on equal footing = more competition. Beyond that, for some reason, GW2 attracted a lot of professional players - see Team Paradigm (half of those guys are former world champions). There were a number of sponsored teams (e.g., SK in Korea sponsored a pro GW2 team - they're the ones who sponsor the top Korean Starcraft players). This has made structured PVP hyper-competitive.

But then all this was 3 months ago. I heard a lot of the pros have moved on so don't know about the state of PVP in GW2. I have heard GW2 PVP is at a cross-roads now, probably won't become an e-sport as Arenanet hoped.

Edited by iheartnyc

This was ages ago when rangers could hit you with default attacks and kill you with insane bleeds alone. Derpseeker thieves and gangs of hundred blades warrs. No idea what its like now, but being killed within a stun wasn't fun. As for the rest of that dribble bout esports...yawn. Edited by Sinrei

But then all this was 3 months ago. I heard a lot of the pros have moved on so don't know about the state of PVP in GW2. I have heard GW2 PVP is at a cross-roads now, probably won't become an e-sport as Arenanet hoped.

THere must have been a reason they decided to drop the game tho. I heard it was an aoe zerg mess. Which makes sence, the only way to hit something that is always dodging attacks is to hit it with an attack that hits the ground over a large area so they cant evade the damage.

This turns the pvp game into a game similar to a tv series in NZ "The dog show". Where you hearding people into your aoe's.

I dont know any of those old players because Im new to this game, but can I be the new weird guy, I really think i got what it takes to be him/her.

Sorry but alphababe logged back in the other night. But he is on pub side so maybe enquire within the imps