Force sensetives forced to become Jedi if discovered?

Lord_Butcher

Did the Jedi have any legal rights to take a force sensetive being to train in the ways of the Jedi by force if a being was discovered to have a connection to the force i.e being force sensetive, and if so, did they do that?

Let's say a Jedi suddenly finds a child that supposly is strong in the force, and the family refuses to let it go away, can the Jedi by any law still take the child?

Just curius since it's said that Jedis take children at young age but doesn't mention wheter they can forcefully take a children or not.

The republic has a law that those living within republic rule are supposed to have their child tested upon birth for force sensitivity (midichlorians). If tested positive, the choices were move out of the republic to the outer rim, or once the jedi order is notified have the possibility of having the child taken to join the jedi order.

If memory serves me correctly this was not always the case but due to the countless sith rising and wars, the republic saw it more beneficial when scientists discovered a physical test to find force sensitives to have them trained to use their power as a jedi than to have the person grow up with the force and left to the thrall of the darkside from their inability to control their emotions.

the Galactic Republic passed a law requiring all member worlds to check for Force-sensitivity upon delivering each child if positive they were required to be handed over to the jedi for training..

HOWEVER the jedi order was not large enough to to facilitate every single child discovered, and basically had an acquisition division responsible for collecting the force sensitive children. Many children were never picked up, and mostly the order saw the need to collect children with higher count as priority first. I fact as you leave the galactic core the jedi are less active and thus mid and outer rim members usually had no worries.

Edited by thecordler