45ms ping on Satele Shan and the server is unplayable

xordevoreaux

Currently (1/6/2018 9:14am EST) logged onto a toon on Tython on Satele Shan and hit this invisible wall. Okay, lag. Checked my ping, 45 ms. So it's not me, it's the server.

Several people in gen chat are complaining about it.

Reboot the server and figure out what's causing the server to lose performance.

Currently (1/6/2018 9:14am EST) logged onto a toon on Tython on Satele Shan and hit this invisible wall. Okay, lag. Checked my ping, 45 ms. So it's not me, it's the server.

Several people in gen chat are complaining about it.

Reboot the server and figure out what's causing the server to lose performance.

Didn't they already do a reboot of Satele Shan yesterday? I remember Eric saying they would.

People were complaining the game was too easy, so I suppose being stopped in your tracks every few seconds, not knowing where you're actually positioned, and getting attacked but you don't know it yet compensates.

Edit: and while Viyo Kobbeth is kinda cute and talking to him is fun and all, getting stuck in the middle of convo with him isn't fun.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have seen it as well but it is normally only a problem when server status hits Heavy or higher. I haven't seen it this early in the day before. It is more than just movement as well. It is as if the server stops taking incoming data (or sending outgoing data - to get you client caught up) for a short period of time.

I have seen it as well but it is normally only a problem when server status hits Heavy or higher. I haven't seen it this early in the day before. It is more than just movement as well. It is as if the server stops taking incoming data (or sending outgoing data - to get you client caught up) for a short period of time.

Satele Shan isn't even heavy, it's standard. Star Forge is Heavy, and yeah sometimes you get a bit of lag, but overall Heavy Status doesn't seem to be causing too many issues, at least on Star Forge which is always heavy. The only other server that is Heavy is Malgus, maybe someone from that server could pipe in with how lag is on their side of the pond. It could also be a combination of things. Who the hell knows with lag, it pretty much shows up whenever the hell if feels like it and doesn't bother with excuses!

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I've noticed some server-side lag this past week, for sure. I thought it might be people enjoying the XP Boost and farming Overheated Gift Droids (usually 5 full instances on Nar Shaddaa last week).

...there was a thread about there being a Queue on Satele Shan, but also that they were able to fix the issue without a reboot (that was from Eric).

Satele Shan isn't even heavy, it's standard. Star Forge is Heavy, and yeah sometimes you get a bit of lag, but overall Heavy Status doesn't seem to be causing too many issues, at least on Star Forge which is always heavy. The only other server that is Heavy is Malgus, maybe someone from that server could pipe in with how lag is on their side of the pond. It could also be a combination of things. Who the hell knows with lag, it pretty much shows up whenever the hell if feels like it and doesn't bother with excuses!

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Star Forge is where I see it so it is apparently more than just one server. It is more than just lag though. With lag, the commands "catch up", with this, they seem to be just lost (its not just movement but ability activations of all sorts). Prior to the server merge I never saw it. Perhaps it is related to something with the new server configuration that needs to be straightened out.