Jet Packs, an idea for them

Vyerix

I did look back a few pages and didn't see anything.

How about adding a vertical ability for them tied to jump? Not saying let them fly all over but to be able to make a vertical climb of say 20 meters tops from current position. With a max 5 second burn time to allow for positioning. 5-10 seconds between usable jumps. Must have speeder piloting level 3 for it to work.

It's an idea. Thoughts?

Edited by Vyerix

Pretty sure this has been discussed before. Gist boiled down to it would give an unfair advantage to datacron hunting and the like thus making them PTW

Pay to win: purchasing an item with real world money in a game to give yourself an advantage over other players. Even if you bought yours off the GTN, someone payed CC to get the pack it dropped from.

And yes datacron hunting does improve your character, datacrons give you stat bonuses.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Pretty sure this has been discussed before. Gist boiled down to it would give an unfair advantage to datacron hunting and the like thus making them PTW

Pay to win: purchasing an item with real world money in a game to give yourself an advantage over other players. Even if you bought yours off the GTN, someone payed CC to get the pack it dropped from.

And yes datacron hunting does improve your character, datacrons give you stat bonuses.

While that's true, it wouldn't be the first time SWTOR flirts with pay to win. There's way worse. Remember that non-paying player, by default, don't have the right to equip "artifact" gear (purple one, the "epic" grade) during leveling and have only access to two quickbars. Seriously, they fight like others to loot precious gear, and they cannot equip the most powerful one because they don't pay? How unfair is that? How isn't that giving an edge to the paying customers? And on the top of that, they are restricted in the number of hotbar thay can use, making more difficult for them to have a proper rotation exploiting all the tools and abilities they have. Talk about adding insult to injury.

So yeah, I know, it's only "borderline" pay to win since you can "buy the unlock with IG currency, we swear", but well, we all know it's not always as easy. You depends on the GTN and other players, and on small population servers, these unlock are sometime pretty hard to find, and sometime when they pop up, they are at a price higher than the F2P credit cap (:rolleyes: good job guys).

So yeah, quite frankly, Jetpack making datacron hunt easier (just add the ability to jetpack found on GTN) would be a drop in the ocean of pay-to-win flirt.

Because jetpacks giving you a better jump would affect datacron hunting, thus opening the P2W can of worms.

They can always retrench behind old arguments they already used : "It's not p2w. It would be p2w is non-jetpack players were unable to get the datacron, but each and every datacron can be found without jetpack. It's just "pay to more convience", you just get them quicker. Just like the xp bonus when you subscribe or the early sprint unlock"

Edited by Jaedelyia

While that's true, it wouldn't be the first time SWTOR flirts with pay to win. There's way worse. Remember that non-paying player, by default, don't have the right to equip "artifact" gear (purple one, the "epic" grade) during leveling

Is not P2W. You don't even need artifact gear outside of endgame group content (HM FPs and operations).

and have only access to two quickbars.

More than enough for any class.

Because jetpacks giving you a better jump would affect datacron hunting, thus opening the P2W can of worms.

Yeah, think of the GDMF pipe-running one in The Works on Coruscant, or the other, equally GDMF, one on Coruscant (Justicar territory, I think) where you jump on crates then jump on pipes then run on pipes.

Yeah, think of the GDMF pipe-running one in The Works on Coruscant, or the other, equally GDMF, one on Coruscant (Justicar territory, I think) where you jump on crates then jump on pipes then run on pipes.

Exactly. Also, Makeb!

And, you have seen BWs stellar coding skills, you just know 99% of the time it would glitch and youd end up stuck in the terrain or something stupid like that :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Is not P2W. You don't even need artifact gear outside of endgame group content (HM FPs and operations).

First, notice how I wrote "borderline" pay2win. And yeah, these restrictions are flirting way more with p2w than a jetpack.

Second, ask yourself a few questions: Does this artifact gear gives you an edge on other player? Does having it makes you more powerful, would it be only for casual PVP duel when you're leveling with a friend? If yes and if you have to pay to get this advantage, then it's dangerously close to pay to win, end of the line.

What's the point of this restriction, anyway? It's ridicoulous. Conveniency such as storage space, credit cap or speeder accessibility are a decent incentive to subs, but limiting the most powerful gear to subbers, what's the point?

More than enough for any class.

I disagree. I think three is the minimum for many classes (the third one might not be filled completely, but still 2 is not enough). Some classes have a lot of situational tool that are outside of the usual rotation and that you need every now and then.

First, notice how I wrote "borderline" pay2win. And yeah, these restrictions are flirting way more with p2w than a jetpack.

Second, ask yourself a few questions: Does this artifact gear gives you an edge on other player? Does having it makes you more powerful, would it be only for casual PVP duel when you're leveling with a friend? If yes and if you have to pay to get this advantage, then it's dangerously close to pay to win, end of the line.

What's the point of this restriction, anyway? It's ridicoulous. Conveniency such as storage space, credit cap or speeder accessibility are a decent incentive to subs, but limiting the most powerful gear to subbers, what's the point?

I disagree. I think three is the minimum for many classes (the third one might not be filled completely, but still 2 is not enough). Some classes have a lot of situational tool that are outside of the usual rotation and that you need every now and then.

none of what you said makes sense because if they don't pay to play they should be crippled. if you to go the "how fair is it boo hoo route", how fair is it that i had to pat 60 dollars for this game and now cheapskates can pick it up for nothing? you think people who don't put in on something should have the same benefits as invested people? get outta here with that noise.

none of what you said makes sense because if they don't pay to play they should be crippled. if you to go the "how fair is it boo hoo route", how fair is it that i had to pat 60 dollars for this game and now cheapskates can pick it up for nothing? you think people who don't put in on something should have the same benefits as invested people? get outta here with that noise.

So you're just saying that you're okay with the concept of pay to win. That's your opinion and that's fine but that doesn't change my point at all, which was : "this is borderline pay to win". Your point is "I'm okay with the borderline pay to win". That's a complete different discussion, mate, and point point aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm fine with f2p player being "crippled" in the "convenience" department (restriction on inventory size, run speed, resurection, whatever) but I'm not okay with f2p players being crippled in term of combat performance. What's the point? Making them easy to kill? Making them less useful than you in PVE so you can trust top of the parser? Let's be serious, here, that's ridiculous.