Ashara Zavros appreciation thread (Anyone? Am I alone? :o)

Plk_Lesiak

Hello there!

Some time ago I made a ragequit from SWTOR, gave all my stuff away etc., but Bioware came up with two things which were simply the last two pieces of story I wanted from this game - Ashara coming back for my Inquisitor and Arcann romance for my female Warrior. Last piece of closure I needed in this years-long journey and thus a last month of sub to give myself the opportunity to say goodbye to this game on good terms.

I wonder though, is anyone else really excited to get Ashara back like I am? For me, she was a quintessential part of my Inq experience, as someone who desires power to make real change and create an empire worth existing and Sith that would be about real freedom, rather than slavery to lowest passions and selfish treachery. With all her flaws and desperate clinging to Jedi teachings she was the kind of character that really fitted my vision of searching a way beyond simplistic dogma of Light and Dark. And the romance has some of the sweetest lines of any route in SWTOR, like the one where Inq basically offers to go to Tython and ask the Jedi Council for permition to marry her.

I feel a deep connection to my Sith mains, as those are characters I've spent years crafting and was always very serious about their story choices and romance. Without Ashara, my Inq's story simply felt incomplete. I honestly don't care what happens after he claimed the throne of Zakuul, this is exactly the high he was aiming for and the power to forge a different future for the Sith and the galaxy as whole, my imagination can do the rest. But the lack of Ashara by his side was simply not right.

So, does anyone feel similarly hyped for this reunion, or is it just a unique quirk of mine, as a hopeless quasi-RPer? :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to really dislike Ashara simply because I didn't find many reasons for my extremely pro-sith darksiders to keep her around, but I couldn't get rid of her. However, I found a new respect for her when leveling my then Dark vs. Light inquisitor, who is actually my number one pick when doing endgame content. I decided to play a ds leaning "grey" character, who was less interested in gaining power through mastering the Force and more about manipulation and gaining influence over people. He had more patience with this ex-jedi than my former Darth Nox's, so i didn't get frustrated because she was forced on my character, and Ashara kind of grew on me. I see their relationship as Ashara seeing the softer, "better", less sith-y side of my Nox nánd falling in love with that, and my Nox appreciating how Ashara grew so much from that jedi kid with too much ambition for the order and caring about the stronger woman she became due to being forced to question those beliefs.

So yeah, I'm waiting for Ashara's return...but a little worried what she will say after she hears what my Nox has been up to these days. :D

So yeah, I'm waiting for Ashara's return...but a little worried what she will say after she hears what my Nox has been up to these days. :D

I wonder about that a bit too, my Inq is nearly pure LS, but still proclaimed himself Emperor (because it fits his reformist ambitions). I hope they don't mess up the choice-related flags, if they bother to include those. Ashara doesn't seem like someone who would be bothered by a "benevolent tyrant" type. ;)

Oh, I don't plan on killing her ... I need someone to help me bury Theron's body ... if I ask Lana, she'll just whine endlessly

Hahaha, well, she seems like a good buddy for such work. Not afraid of dirty work and you can chat with her about the nature of the force on the way. :D

I guess her character can only be bearable for LS Inqs... :p

Sadly, this is true. Her answers, regardless of what you say, treat you as a LS/Neutral Inqy. I liked her fine on my Occlus. The problems started on my second Inqy, Nox, where conversations with her were like talking to a wall. I read there was a DS version of her, like Jaesa. Not sure if that's gossip or true, but a bit shame it didn't make it to the final game. "A bit", I say, because if they made her the same zealot psycho as DS Jaesa, then we're better off with normal, albeit blind to the true nature of DS Inq, person she is.

My main Inq (and the only one that did KOTFE) is DS Inqy, so I am looking forward to their reunion. Not only because I love playing him, so every piece of story is precious, but also to see what has become of her... and to break up with her, because he's with Theron now. This should prove... interesting :D I can't help but wonder if her reply to "I am with someone else, it's over between us" would be "I knew you'd always love me" (he never did, he seduced her to corrupt her Jedi-ness even more); just like she says "you're not like other Sith, you want peace and compassion" after he ordered to kill all Selonians down to the last one on Corellia :rolleyes:

BW better have an option to kill her hahaha cause I will kill her off, I'm not hating her but it's annoying she keep talking about Jedi code with a sith lord her master.....

I know a couple of Darth Nox's who would have probably killed, banished or at least tortured her for all that jedi stuff back when they recruited her... But now, I think it's too late. No matter what my characters thought about her during the original class story, canonically they did endure her company, and if they did it for so long, why would they suddenly want to kill her now, after all these years?

I know a couple of Darth Nox's who would have probably killed, banished or at least tortured her for all that jedi stuff back when they recruited her... But now, I think it's too late. No matter what my characters thought about her during the original class story, canonically they did endure her company, and if they did it for so long, why would they suddenly want to kill her now, after all these years?

I think the original plan that old companions goes away with the new story expansion but BW got HIT with major complaint from players base so they need to get them back to please players base, so some players will happy to get their original companions back while some just enjoy the new follower, I myself don't really need to get back all the original companions but I'm not complaining BW returning the old companions for other players that missed them :) so if the quest does not have an option to rejecting the old companion then I won't touch the quest at all, all the alert companion quest are left untouch on my main toon except the initial quest for Yuun cause I did not know that will unlock all the alert quest, if I can roll back my quest to that point I would not do that quest either hehehe.

Edited by Xbladez

Yup, I think the ability to send her away would make more sense, unless she does something really stupid upon returning to a super-DS character. There's just nothing to gain by randomly killing her, she's not a jedi anymore and doesn't have any leverage that the Inq would worry about.

Unless you RP your character as a total psycho, but I wouldn't expect Bioware to go in that direction, they only seem to give you option to kill a companion when you might have an obvious motive for doing so (like with Quinn or Broonmark). ;)

She will be only fun if we will eventually be able to turn her completely to the dark side, something like which we have seen with the transformation of Anakin to Vader.

I think this is not out of the question if they made an actual effort with the reunion quest. After all, even Master Zanos' flavour text about Ashara told about her acting both as a hero and as a villain. I can imagine her being hesitant to come back to Inq while he's commading the Eternal Fleet and Zakuul military that did so much harm in the Galaxy and the player having to convince her that their philosophy is the right one. That is, choosing a neutral path she was already on, or pushing her more towards the Light or Dark.

But, who am I kidding right now, it'll be just three mins of generic dialogue, maybe with a few complains if you're an outright mass murderer. xD

Poor Malavai Quinn got a kill option "after all these years", so I don't think they care about logic. If there is enough screaming for her blood, she's going to get it whether it makes sense or not.

And no, I don't think his betrayal makes a difference. 10 years later, even emotion after that would subside, especially since you didn't kill him right after he did it (yeah, I know some wanted to, but the story rolled differently and 10 years after the fact is just stupid).

But, who am I kidding right now, it'll be just three mins of generic dialogue, maybe with a few complains if you're an outright mass murderer. xD

You know, if she had guts to say that to my Nox right in his face, she'd finally get some respect from him.

Poor Malavai Quinn got a kill option "after all these years", so I don't think they care about logic. If there is enough screaming for her blood, she's going to get it whether it makes sense or not.

And no, I don't think his betrayal makes a difference. 10 years later, even emotion after that would subside, especially since you didn't kill him right after he did it (yeah, I know some wanted to, but the story rolled differently and 10 years after the fact is just stupid).

I didn't mean Bioware wouldn't do it, just meant that I can't imagine why my character would (or what would be the in character reasoning for others). I also have some warriors who would have killed Quinn on the spot, but I won't be using the kill option for him, either, since it doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't mean Bioware wouldn't do it, just meant that I can't imagine why my character would (or what would be the in character reasoning for others). I also have some warriors who would have killed Quinn on the spot, but I won't be using the kill option for him, either, since it doesn't make sense to me.

Ah, ok, I misunderstood the intent behind your post, sorry. :o After re-reading, not really sure why. No multitasking for me again, because I don't know what I'm reading! ;)

Ah, ok, I misunderstood the intent behind your post, sorry. :o After re-reading, not really sure why. No multitasking for me again, because I don't know what I'm reading! ;)

No problem. :) My English isn't always exactly perfect either, so people should be forgiven for misunderstanding me from time to time. :D

I love Ashara. I like that the Sith Inquisitor conversations with her can get deep and can give you a chance to really talk about Sith Code philosophy with her. She does approve of some dark side choices but she's not off the wall extreme like DS Jaesa.

I think where Bioware needs to improve on this sort of thing is having more options to refuse a companion without killing them. It exists for some of them, but not all.

The reason I always kill Quinn on Iokath is simply because there's no option to refuse him if you stay with the Empire. My SW might not want to kill him for something that happened a long time ago, but she wouldn't trust him again or let him work with her Alliance, either, and I didn't want to have to interact with him in my story again. If there were an option to say "yeah, Acina, you've got an ally, but get the creep out of here," I would have taken it.

But in terms of Ashara, I don't get why anyone would want to kill her. I've seen other posts calling for Mako, Kira, other female companions to die...are some people who play this game really that edgelord that they want to kill everyone they can (I know the answer is yes)?

Edited by IoNonSoEVero