Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor Community Discord's

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
01.08.2021 , 03:10 AM | #11
I second the idea for an official discord server.

codydmaan
02.14.2021 , 07:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone!

We love that this was created and appreciate what Discord communities are capable of, but we want to encourage the use of the forums. Encouraging community members to go off of our platform at the top of the General Discussion Forum does not match that goal. While this isn’t something we will sticky, we don’t have an issue with the thread existing in general. Additionally, a post like this is better suited for the Community Content Forum.

I agree with you on this J. using unofficial 3rd party software like discord is not the way. Sticking to what swtor provided officially is best.

Commando_Chris
02.23.2021 , 03:58 PM | #13
Whilst moving away from the forums may not be in line with BW's goals. The overall chat function and ability to use voice channels do give Discord an edge communication-wise. They could fill different roles because back and forth discussion would be easier on Discord as far as I see it.

-Bob-
02.24.2021 , 10:44 AM | #14
Unfortunately, there is a lot that can be lost in translation with faceless text.
Hearing a persons voice as they try to explain a problem or an idea can make a big difference for others as they try to understand it.
Just my opinion.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS