Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin today?

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 02:01 PM | #31
I have two friends who play shadows and one who plays operative, all say mercs are easier for them to sap cap. They also find a use for their stealth out basically on cooldown. So obviously its not useless. I at least admit FD has its use before i go into how to work around it.

All that said my simple point is that different classes work differently and have different advantages. I still think that anyone who believes guardian is in the same category as merc or sniper, especially one who fails to mention concentration sentinels, is missing the very nature of team play. 1v1 in this game is a sideshow at best. I admit sins probably arent the greatest in arenas. But then neither are guardians. Snipers and maras are probably the current kings in arenas. Mercs maybe but they're very interrupt prone.

mrwayn
09.19.2018 , 03:04 PM | #32
Sorry to hijack your "my class sucks more than yours"-thread, but I figured, the Op deserved an actual answer to his question (although I wouldn't be surprised, if he no longer follows the thread, maybe even deleted his forum account after all this...).

To the op:
For leveling, deception works really well, I'd prefer it over hatred. On the other hand, if you level with a friend and you maybe planing on doing flashpoints, you should also consider playing a tank (darkness). That could make your group-stuff easier.

As for how assassins are in general:
Solo-content: great
Small group content: good-great
Operations: good damage, ok raid-utility, tank-spec is great
Pvp: Opinions differ, as you could see on the last 4 pages... I'd say not the best, not the worst.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 05:11 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I have two friends who play shadows and one who plays operative, all say mercs are easier for them to sap cap. They also find a use for their stealth out basically on cooldown. So obviously its not useless. I at least admit FD has its use before i go into how to work around it.

All that said my simple point is that different classes work differently and have different advantages. I still think that anyone who believes guardian is in the same category as merc or sniper, especially one who fails to mention concentration sentinels, is missing the very nature of team play. 1v1 in this game is a sideshow at best. I admit sins probably arent the greatest in arenas. But then neither are guardians. Snipers and maras are probably the current kings in arenas. Mercs maybe but they're very interrupt prone.
As long as you have "different advantages." you create imbalance. DPS classes should, all things considered being equal mind you, your DPS output and overall survival should be relatively close to do otherwise negates the purpose of the other class! You create " I WIN CLASSES" another words its not skill that's winning its the overall class! It should be the other way around!

Case in point Merc's Snipers, jugs why play any other class if these High DPSing classes exist? Why play a mara or assassin the glass cannon specs? You'll do more DPS and survive longer on an I win class.

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 05:26 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
As long as you have "different advantages." you create imbalance. DPS classes should, all things considered being equal mind you, your DPS output and overall survival should be relatively close to do otherwise negates the purpose of the other class! You create " I WIN CLASSES" another words its not skill that's winning its the overall class! It should be the other way around!

Case in point Merc's Snipers, jugs why play any other class if these High DPSing classes exist? Why play a mara or assassin the glass cannon specs you do more DPS and survive longer on an I win class.
If they are all the same things would be rather dull, and mara is probably the best melee class right now. But we're not convincing each other of anything so this debate is getting pointless.

All i ever wanted was to point out that juggies are not nearly as op as mercs DCD wise, nor can we keep damage away from us like snipers.

Maras do more damage with actual anti-focus so I'd say they're doing pretty fine.

Kazz_Devlin
09.19.2018 , 05:30 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If they are all the same things would be rather dull, and mara is probably the best melee class right now. But we're not convincing each other of anything so this debate is getting pointless.

All i ever wanted was to point out that juggies are not nearly as op as mercs DCD wise, nor can we keep damage away from us like snipers.

Maras do more damage with actual anti-focus so I'd say they're doing pretty fine.
Really, and having lopsided jokes of a match are a better alternative?

not all mara's fury is in good spot now.

KendraP
09.19.2018 , 06:00 PM | #36
Really, and having lopsided jokes of a match are a better alternative?

not all mara's fury is in good spot now.
And the only dps guardian in a decent spot right now is vigi. Why bother with focus?

Does anyone play IO merc?

Pt dps outside of TR?

Lightening sorcs for anything?

Every spec has its weaknesses.

krosswong
09.19.2018 , 06:29 PM | #37
I'll take "incoherent, unreadable, or 2nd grade grammar" for $200, Alex.
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

Rion_Starkiller
09.20.2018 , 03:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
Sorry to hijack your "my class sucks more than yours"-thread, but I figured, the Op deserved an actual answer to his question (although I wouldn't be surprised, if he no longer follows the thread, maybe even deleted his forum account after all this...).

To the op:
For leveling, deception works really well, I'd prefer it over hatred. On the other hand, if you level with a friend and you maybe planing on doing flashpoints, you should also consider playing a tank (darkness). That could make your group-stuff easier.

As for how assassins are in general:
Solo-content: great
Small group content: good-great
Operations: good damage, ok raid-utility, tank-spec is great
Pvp: Opinions differ, as you could see on the last 4 pages... I'd say not the best, not the worst.
OP is long long gone by now
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

LD_Little_Dragon
09.20.2018 , 04:00 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
OP is long long gone by now
It's been three days. I know kids today are supposed to have shorter attention spans but I don't think they're that bad.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Rion_Starkiller
09.21.2018 , 09:37 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
It's been three days. I know kids today are supposed to have shorter attention spans but I don't think they're that bad.
Haha I think it's the 3-page spam chat between Kendra and Kazz. I still don't even know *** they were talking about or whether they ever answered OP's question.

Dear OP. I think Deception is the most fun of the 3. It has nice burst. Hatred is fun too -- I like it for raiding.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.