The Elusive Fem Body Type 3

iamthehoyden

It also doesn't help that vast amounts of their equipment looks downright awful on BT3, male or female.

My male Jedi Shadow is BT3 and it's readily apparent I was supposed to roll him as a BH or Trooper because literally everything that drops for shadow looks awful on this body type, male or female.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say in the months since i started this thread I've seen a lot more variation in body types. I think that's pretty awesome. I've also seen quite a few female body type 3s that look great. Some people have taken a lot of time and effort to find items that suit these fine ladies :)

At any rate, it's wonderful to see some diversity of shapes. Maybe someday they'll add some more.

I have to say in the months since i started this thread I've seen a lot more variation in body types. I think that's pretty awesome. I've also seen quite a few female body type 3s that look great. Some people have taken a lot of time and effort to find items that suit these fine ladies :)

At any rate, it's wonderful to see some diversity of shapes. Maybe someday they'll add some more.

Hmmm...Body Type 1 and 2 still seem to me, to be the prevaliant choice amongst the playerbase. Body Type 1 seems to be ahead, but Body Type 2 seems close.

Looking over the companions, do we have a body type 3 or 4 companion? I don't think I've noticed any yet for the females.

When it comes to companions (trooper spoiler):

I believe Elara Dorne (http://www.republictrooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/elaradorne.jpg) has BT4. She's the male trooper romanceable.

On another note; my gf almost exlusively use BT3 for her characters (which are all female). :) So do I for my male characters at that.. BT2 just look so very scrawny. Pfft.

Edited by Darcor

Speaking of elusive body types, I've never seen a player with male body type 1. Not even one.

I think all of my characters have that.

But - for Bounty Hunters, the voice just doesn't fit that body (German-language SWTOR). I had to delete this character because of that.

My Twi'lek main character actually looks much better with it that than all the other of my characters which have it.

I do use it, because I'm fairly small in RL as well (I'm male; I just cannot play female characters in an MMO as a man - funnily a female friend has exactly the same problem only in reverse so that she just isn't able to play any male characters in an MMO) - and I tried to transport this way of looking at everything into the game, too.

Pretty sure the Smuggler companion Akavvi Spar is a body type 3 female.

I'm quite sure about that as well. And - she looks quite good in the "relaxed jumpsuit". ;)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

When it comes to companions (trooper spoiler):.

She's a 2... I think Akaavi is the only BT3 among the female companions.

Most of my characters are female BT2-3, I'd say split slightly more towards #2 (generally based on class). Currently working on a MIrialan JC BT3 :)

Edited by Lesaberisa

When it comes to companions (trooper spoiler):

I believe Elara Dorne (http://www.republictrooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/elaradorne.jpg) has BT4. She's the male trooper romanceable.

On another note; my gf almost exlusively use BT3 for her characters (which are all female). :) So do I for my male characters at that.. BT2 just look so very scrawny. Pfft.

BT2 looks very scrawny? o.O I can imagine someone saying that about BT1, but not BT2.

Yeah, I think Elara just sort of looks like BT4 because her companion gear rewards are bulky armor.

Most romanceable female companions are body type 1 just because it's impossible for a male player character to be that small. It just makes things a little weird for most people if the lady is the bigger, stronger half of the couple.

That may seem a little sexist, but it's simple biological fact. Ladies, imagine being married to a guy who has to ask you to get things down from the top shelf and kill spiders and open pickle jars and change a flat tire on the car.

Men, imagine being that guy.

Kind of uncomfortable for everyone all around, huh?

Edit: I forgot when writing this comment that handicapped men are often in a position like that. My apologies for that; I didn't mean to imply that a relationship like that is an unhappy one. That's a different sort of situation, because a woman in that type of relationship understands that she'll need to do a lot of those little things and she's okay with it. It's also a rare situation with a rare type of woman.

Edited by nateslice