Spicing up the Makeb storyline (For Imperial Agent)

iBleu

Since the I A has the best main storyline IMO and its highest number of variance of story ending, I thought it would be possible to make the Makeb story for the Agent a bit more personalized, but also enhancing the main ending a bit, not just the class wide, general storyline that Bioware intended.

This is for ONLY the IA Class. Others may have their own, but I am only emphasizing this for the I A's only.

*Spoiler Alert: Contains elements of all possible Agent main story endings.*

Light -> SIS Agent / Empire Defector:

- This is where the Agent can truly defect, plays the Republic storyline of Makeb, instead of the Empire.

- Agent is summoned by SIS Agent Ardun Kothe and meet with him at the Republic Space Station

- The Agent, the first time, meets with the Supreme Chancellor Saresh, Master Satele, and Supreme Commander Malcom

- At the end, Agent continues to work for the Empire, but remain as a double agent, or really defect and work as the Republic SIS Agent (In short, you really switch sides to the Republic).

- OR -

- The Agent continues as the Empire storyline, BUT, the Agent attempts to sabotage the Empire's pursuit of Isotope-5, like Kothe said, "Work in the shadows, change from the Empire inside out."

Light -> Free Agent of the Empire:

- Agent is contacted by Minister or Keeper to assist the Empire in Makeb. (Feel free to add more details)

Dark -> Jadus' Personal Hand / Assassin:

- Unchanged, instead, Agent meets with Darth Jadus instead of Darth Marr and assist him for the pursuit of Isotope-5

Dark -> Operative of the New Sith Intelligence:

- Unchanged, Agent meets with Darth Marr and assist the Empire for the pursuit of Isotope-5

Think of this as more personalized story of the ROTHC expansion for the class while maintaining the overall, general story if Bioware was spending more time into it.

Edited by iBleu

Would be nice, but on the other hand while the IA storyline is my favorite as well, I don't think it'd be fair to give the Agent special story aspects and just leave the other 7 classes with the generic faction storyline.

At GDC James Ohlen confirmed that the most expensive part of TOR was the choices, ie having to do multiple outcomes that can not only effect a single instance of cutscenes but other instances in later chapters, quests, etc.

What you outlined in your initial post would be one of the most expensive things they could possibly add to game, ie it won't happen.

If going forward they're are going to do more stuff like Makeb, and won't be able to continue the class stories, a compromise would be to do a story line that is based on elements from all the class stories, ie The Emperor, The Dark Council, Imperial Intelligence, etc, etc. You could then have little touches here and there that are specific to your class (lines of dialogue, etc) even if the stories were still faction based. You'd not only get some sort of extension for a single class but all classes and a bigger incentive to go back and play classes that you haven't played yet.

To be brutally honest, I can not emphasize just how strongly I disagree with the OP. For one, the Imperial Agent is an Imperial agent. For the sake of class/factional balance the Imperial agent would have to stay where is. As the OP suggests, tt might be interesting if it's class story in a future expansion actually meant some cloak and dagger shenanigans in the SIS, but for an 'actual factional swap? No way.