WTB proper master loot system for normal Operations

Ok so here goes, before I even begin don't tell me there is other posts about this issue cos right now I don't want to hear it.

So there I am going to my first ops with a guild who was LF1M in general chat and we get to first boss on EV and I hear on the TS ahh these dropped again I don't need them. I knew this was the other healer in the group. So am like oh hell yeh I'm getting me some gear so I right click on body to see what's there and to my surprise there is the gloves I need, oh wait...whytf does it have her name above the item. I'm thinking at this stage that because I was pugged they have already assigned the gear so I don't get nothing, so as anyone in this situation would do I question it on why there was no roll or NOG on this item. I am then informed by raid leader that this crazy *** system has been set up by BW to stop ninjas from looting things they do not need.

So I'm like *** OMG GIMME MY GEAR BW!!

To fully understand I thought about it for a day. I was like ok this system is great for full pugs but in a guild situation this is not needed, then I was like no wait even in a pug it is making ppl who do not need nor want this item it is forcing them to ninja it cos they don't need it.

There is not even a pass option it's like just take it and shut up, if u don't need it vendor it. While poor lil under geared ppl like me are left contributing to a raid but seeing no pay off for it.

I see two simple ways of fixing this problem.

1- give the option to pass this item if u do not need it.

2- make master looter work properly give a /roll function that works.

Implement one of these and all problems solved. I like the idea of the master looter but the implementation just sux and it really needs to be fixed, u have all the tools there BW so c'mon help us out.

The only way I can see this getting the attention of BW is by creating multiple threads on this or replying here guys. So /sign if u think these fixes could work bearing in mind the system is good but with a few tweaks it could be great.

So create a topic yourself pointing out this issue or sign and comment here.

Either way this needs to be brought to there attention on a mass level.

Ps for all the ppl who say, "I would rather they focused on new content or fixing other things" yes that would be great but at this moment in time fix the small issues that create big problem for game enjoyment/progression.

MADsMoKe sith sorcerer healer <breaking bad> EU Peragus mining facility

there are dozens of topics on this

official explanation is that normal mode looting is working as intended and designed

move to hard mode flashpoints or hard mode/nightmare ops for assignable/rollable loot

it would be very nice to have the option at the beginning to let people vote on how loot is assigned, so a 7 or 8/8 guild run could have the option to run it with master/random, but that hasn't been mentioned in any upcoming patch notes or dev posts on the issue.

Yep, did twice EV normal as main tank(10/10 bosses) and get NOTHING, absolutetly NOTHING in drop. Also was situation when boss drop two absolutetly identical main hand sabre for sith warrior(im jugg) and BOTH goes to our party marauder - its just incredible. I understand that as main tank im top-geared in operation group, but is this a point to give me no drop at all? Edited by -Quantum-

there are dozens of topics on this

official explanation is that normal mode looting is working as intended and designed

move to hard mode flashpoints or hard mode/nightmare ops for assignable/rollable loot

it would be very nice to have the option at the beginning to let people vote on how loot is assigned, so a 7 or 8/8 guild run could have the option to run it with master/random, but that hasn't been mentioned in any upcoming patch notes or dev posts on the issue.

Working as Intended; I hope not, Thanks to this un thought out system I've gotten 8 EIGHT pieces I already had while people within the raids got JACK. GIVE US A PASS OPTION

EDIT: the whole reason to run OPS NMode is to gear up newer 50's, with this borked up system you get a RNG on top of a RNG. I want a job as an internal tester, easy money apparently.

Edited by BMBender

The devs have said time and time again making multiple threads on the same subject will cause those threads to be locked. They have also stated the reason for the way loot is given out in NM OPs.

So, get big for HMs or go home. They aren't that much harder.

Edited by Foenixz