Changing font size in game

KarrisThanor

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been struggling for a while now to change the entire game font size to larger than it is at default. It is way too small for me to see. I managed to adjust the chat font size, but everything else is super tiny. Help please

I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.

I have problems playing the game, because my eyes strain so much, because of the text font being used. The blue luminescent light that make out the letters, makes my eye sight blurry and my eyes hurt after playing for a couple of minutes. I have never had this experience with any other game before...

I have perfect sight, so this really bothers me. Even now, after I have just logged out of the game, my eye sight remain a bit blurry and I find it hard to focus properly. It only happens when I play SWTOR.

I hate it when aliens talk, I can only BARELY see the text and it is driving me NUTS. I hope they get on this really fast and add some customization. I love the game otherwise but this is starting to impact my desire to play. Here's hoping something good happens!

I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.

Even going from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 the font stays small. :(

I need bigger fonts as well.

I have put my resolution to 800x 600 for the game like I usually have my monitor set to so things aren't as small, and the text doesn't change based on resolution. It only makes it a little less fuzzy having at a higher resolution. I hope they change this a well, being forced to use a magnifying glass on a lot of text is taking away from my normal pace I play at, and is becoming very frustrating.

I have put my resolution to 800x 600 for the game like I usually have my monitor set to so things aren't as small, and the text doesn't change based on resolution. It only makes it a little less fuzzy having at a higher resolution. I hope they change this a well, being forced to use a magnifying glass on a lot of text is taking away from my normal pace I play at, and is becoming very frustrating.

Changed screen res to 1440X900 worked for me

Would really like to see a UI scale added to the game. Atleast for text font size. Changing the resolution only seems to change how blurry the text is, but not the actual size. I'm playing on a 73" screen so.... I shouldn't be squinting everytime I try to read a tool tip or Codex entry. Fix it please Bioware! My only complaint so far. well that and broken gather nodes i can see but not click on lol

me too yo I have a 1360x768 and the text is super small and I dont want to get closer to the TV.

is because your on a tv. true font types dont show well on tv in any form. play at max res and at a desk, not in a lazyboy on a 60' plasma 15 feet away.

I hate it when aliens talk, I can only BARELY see the text and it is driving me NUTS. I hope they get on this really fast and add some customization. I love the game otherwise but this is starting to impact my desire to play. Here's hoping something good happens!

Click on the "Other" tab in your chat window and you can read what they said.

I, too, have a problem reading the text. They really do need to add a ui scale option.

One thing for sure, it’s a huge issue for me. I can’t see what the quests are telling me to do, so I just guess and have to guess on what to sell, or keep, also.

Even after changing the font size on chat, it’s still too small.

I have problems playing the game, because my eyes strain so much, because of the text font being used. The blue luminescent light that make out the letters, makes my eye sight blurry and my eyes hurt after playing for a couple of minutes. I have never had this experience with any other game before...

I have perfect sight, so this really bothers me. Even now, after I have just logged out of the game, my eye sight remain a bit blurry and I find it hard to focus properly. It only happens when I play SWTOR.

same. The entire UI makes my eyes hurt. I want something much more elegant. Any plans for custom UI addons? PLEASE