Update 1.6 Ranked WZ coms and WH gear...

Spots

I wonder how many ppl are in my position. I had been saving up my Ranked wz coms so I could purchase a WH headpiece. I exchanged probably about 3000 regular wz coms (at 30-10) for Ranked coms (so, I only got about 1000 Ranked coms... I still didn't have enough to get the headpiece before the update. Since BW changed it so you can now purchase the headpiece with unranked wz coms, I now don't even have enough unranked wz coms to purchase it. In order to convert backward, it's a 10-10 trade (which means I would loose 2000 unranked coms!!!). People answer with things like "Oh, well you can now buy elite war hero gear with it." NO I CAN'T! because all the Elite WH Gear requires the lower teir WH gear (yah, I know except the implants, which is another annoying issue below). So I now have to grind again for unranked coms to purchase a WH headpiece, which I will likely immediately exchange for an Elite WH headpiece, so I won't even have used the WH headpiece...

as for the implants, well it's dumb that you can buy them with just ranked coms... I wasted coms before to purchase the BM implants, and didn't even have time to get the Ranked coms to purchase the WH implants plus the headpiece (other people probably did though, and wasted their coms on the implants since they could have saved them for Elite implants)... Now, I will probably just buy the Elite Implants, and never have used the WH implants either. So, that's three pieces of WH gear that I never even used. I just skipped to the elite gear...

This seems like a repeating thing of grinding for some form of coms to get better gear, which BW eventually removes or replaces and you are either forced to exchange (losing tons of coms in the exchange), or put your old PVP gear on your comps... Don't even get me started with Centurion and Champion gear... that was even more frustrating with those random box rolls... I suppose that it's not as bad as that... and they're learning... almost one year after release, and two after testing started...

Edited by Spots

1. If BM gear was being removed.... what did you think was going to happen? Regular coms were going to be for adrenal and medpac purchases only?

2. Why would you trade down instead of just grinding more coms? You wasted 2/3 of your coms because you didn't feel like grinding another 1000 regular coms? That's like 2 hours of war zones or less to get... instead you traded about 6 hours worth of time into it? Which you'll now have to grind another 6 hours worth of coms so basically you threw 10 hours out the window.

tl;dr

You're doing it wrong...

Not only is the logic on the forums always entertaining... it's even more entertaining that people admit to doing things just like this.

While going to the bathroom once at a party... I accidentally urinated on the tip of my belt once.... you know what I didn't do?

Announce it to everyone at the party to further embarass myself.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

1. If BM gear was being removed.... what did you think was going to happen? Regular coms were going to be for adrenal and medpac purchases only?

2. Why would you trade down instead of just grinding more coms? You wasted 2/3 of your coms because you didn't feel like grinding another 1000 regular coms? That's like 2 hours of war zones or less to get... instead you traded about 6 hours worth of time into it? Which you'll now have to grind another 6 hours worth of coms so basically you threw 10 hours out the window.

tl;dr

You're doing it wrong...

Not only is the logic on the forums always entertaining... it's even more entertaining that people admit to doing things just like this.

While going to the bathroom once at a party... I accidentally urinated on the tip of my belt once.... you know what I didn't do?

I just announce it on a gaming forums where no one I know will see it.

And all things aside yes, the logic on this particular forum keeps me entertained at work...5 more minutes YAAAH.

For some reason, Ugly's post got me interested in what is going on, yet I still do not want to read the OP.

TLDR is also part of these forums personality you know; yet somehow people make it take a whole page to say what probably could have been said in a couple lines.

I'm guessing that the reason to why we're not allowed to trade them back, at the same rate, is, or atleat was, to prevent people from indirectly stacking +10K normal comms for when they digned 50. Well. it's extremely easy to get WH now anyway so they might aswell give us the option to trade back n' forth.

I just announce it on a gaming forums where no one I know will see it.

And all things aside yes, the logic on this particular forum keeps me entertained at work...5 more minutes YAAAH.

Don't be ridiculous.... nobody reads the PvP forums... :D

And I'm jealous... I really want to try out the new WZ.

Also looking forward to /bop while waiting for WZ pops. :cool:

Edited by UGLYMRJ

For some reason, Ugly's post got me interested in what is going on

This is where things go horribly wrong...

yet I still do not want to read the OP.

This is where you redeemed yourself and things were absolutely right..

Edited by UGLYMRJ

For some reason, Ugly's post got me interested in what is going on, yet I still do not want to read the OP.

TLDR is also part of these forums personality you know; yet somehow people make it take a whole page to say what probably could have been said in a couple lines.

Hey, I almost always TL;DR my walls of text :D

That being said, I scanned the post and got some tidbits about grinding gear and giving old stuff to companions. There was also mention of a belt that got slightly tinted yellow for a time...

Apparently you didn't just go ahead and urinate in the hand soap dispenser for the benefit of people who subsequently used that bathroom. :mad:

Hey, I almost always TL;DR my walls of text :D

That being said, I scanned the post and got some tidbits about grinding gear and giving old stuff to companions. There was also mention of a belt that got slightly tinted yellow for a time...

Super rare drop from cartel packs.

That was you?!?!?

We were all like.. hey.. that dude pissed all over his belt and smiles like nothing happened.

:D

Edited by Mancer