Anyone else fed up with the wz lag?

Dawginole

Just ran a few wz's to try out the new map. Lag is still atrocious. I'm really losing the desire to play until this is fixed again. Any big group of players is now almost as bad as Ilum was in the beginning. The ability lag on GCD is awful. The latency spikes in Ops are more managable. WZ's are just losing their appeal. Between the stuns being so long that someone with min/maxed WH can practically wipe you out during one stun and not being able to respond in a timely manner in fights. It's been like 3 months with this awful lag and it's just gotten worse since F2P. It's just so obvious that BW is more worried about nickle and diming people than having a playable game. F2P is a success, but if the game is not functional it's just going to drive everyone away again when the charm of the cartel market wears off and people realize the game is fun, but not fun when it's not playable.

I submitted a ticket and asked if there was any way to measure my lag against the avaerage players lag. The ticket explained that I have replaced my router and modem to try and improve lag but still have some issues. I was hoping for some advice or at least a reply about whether I could do anything else to help.

They left the ticket open for almost 2 weeks then just deleted all the text and closed the ticket.

No responce... no advice... nothing. This is the only ticket that I have submitted that has had the actual message deleted. WHAT A JOKE... Their customer service team seems to be as user friendly as their deveplopement and implementation teams :/

I occasionally feel the odd lag spike. But it never lasts longer than a few seconds at most a minute. And occurs rarely.

When it happens though, even my home build desktop computer can't keep the game running at a steady and smooth framerate.. Normally having 120fps i can see exactly when it happens and it's not pretty.

Been playing since launch and I dont have these issues. Maybe it's time to upgrade your hardware. When I did I stopped lagging.

I have an OC'd i7 at 5Ghz on liquid cooling, two HD5850's, 16gigs of 2000Mhz ram, and an M4 SSD. I have a 30Mb down cable connection that shows very little jitter on my last mile connection and I have talked to tier 2 support at TWC to make sure there are no line issues at my end or the local node.

My machine and connection should be in the top 1% of players in this game. I love these people that claim they have never had any issues and therefore no one else is. I'm also quite convinced these people don't fully understand latency or the fact that they may be on a different server or a host of other issues. I guess when I'm in WZ's or OPs with my guild mates and we all simultaneously see a massive latency spike that then crashes the connection strength down to zero we must all either be crazy or need some new hardware...

Edited by Dawginole

I have occasional lag issues, but nothing that upsets me... maybe a spike every 2-3 wz.

As far as the QQ about gear.... Since everyone will be in WH gear after about a week of 50 pvp, not too sympathetic.

Where did I QQ about gear? I'm in fully min/maxed WH...

nope. this isnt a hardware issue.

the game optimization is terrible. random lag spikes happen all the time

I see them when you have a lot of specials being fired as the engine is trying to display animations from all the players. This need to animated everything over quality of the client interface latency creates lag. Alot of this is why the GCD system exists the way it does and puts hidden cooldowns in long casting animations. Just my thoughts.