PTs and VG's nerf them!

Drklight

That's good to know... I don't have a PT at the moment... I deleted him awhile ago... So I'm not upto date with all their new utilities yet.... So I have a couple of questions...

If he has no resolve, how is he immune to my stuns, slows and roots... Especially when he pops that speed run they have

Also under what conditions can he activate the speed run again in 15 secs... I'm sure it has a longer GCD than that or they would be OP...

As Zoom just explained, it provides zero immunity from stuns. Rather immunity to physics such as push/pulls, knockbacks, roots, and slows. If they take the utilities that extend HtL's duration and reduce its cooldown, then they will have a lot of uptime with short breaks while it is on CD.

As Zoom just explained, it provides zero immunity from stuns. Rather immunity to physics such as push/pulls, knockbacks, roots, and slows. If they take the utilities that extend HtL's duration and reduce its cooldown, then they will have a lot of uptime with short breaks while it is on CD.

Ok... But my stuns aren't working either... Unless they are so quick at breaking stun that it doesn't look like they were stunned at all (no resolve).... Anyway it's good to know that I shouldn't bother trying to slow them or knock them back...

With the extra utilities what is the CD on HtLs... I tried to time it when I was being attacked, but hard while trying to escape... So I might be out a little... the PT was able to follow me on my sage, then 10-15 secs later was speeding around me.. With slows/knock backs not working... It makes it difficult to escape unless you have some obsticle to LOS around... Usually I've tried to use my stun on him, so if I pop force bubble to heal, then he just stuns me when I come out of it... PTs are the bane of my existence on my sage, if they focus me... Which they should... LoL... I guess I just need to learn some better strategies to counter them... Anyone got any suggestions on tactics... I do know to keep away from them and not let them get close... But getting focused does make it difficult to keep them at arms distance

Edited by Icykill_

Ok... But my stuns aren't working either... Unless they are so quick at breaking stun that it doesn't look like they were stunned at all (no resolve).... Anyway it's good to know that I shouldn't bother trying to slow them or knock them back...

With the extra utilities what is the CD on HtLs... I tried to time it when I was being attacked, but hard while trying to escape... So I might be out a little... the PT was able to follow me on my sage, then 10-15 secs later was speeding around me.. With slows/knock backs not working... It makes it difficult to escape unless you have some obsticle to LOS around... Usually I've tried to use my stun on him, so if I pop force bubble to heal, then he just stuns me when I come out of it... PTs are the bane of my existence on my sage, if they focus me... Which they should... LoL... I guess I just need to learn some better strategies to counter them... Anyone got any suggestions on tactics... I do know to keep away from them and not let them get close... But getting focused does make it difficult to keep them at arms distance

Well if specced properly they can have 2 stun breakers I believe. Their regular one and another upon use of Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload. If this is not the case you are running into, then it could also be a case of you using Force Lift/Whirwind and them being hit by some damage from another player (darn you people breaking my perfect flashbang while I'm capping a node! :()

In regards to tactics to downing them, VGs have a much larger boost to their mobility with 3.0 compared to what is was like prior. Mostly in terms of the ability for all of them to take utilities extending HtL's duration and reducing HtL's cooldown, not to mention the speed boost if they so choose to take that as well. Combine this with a 15m constant slow and 30-40m (if using the utilities for both) harpoon to bring you back in, and there is little chance of escape.

Sorcs/Sages are one of the few specs I haven't lvled to 60 with in PvP. So I cannot speak much on how to play them very well. But what I can tell you is what other Sages/Sorcs do to make my time as a VG hell. A Sorc/Sage that keeps a careful eye on my buff bar and knows how to LoS-heal/kite me can change the tide in a fight against me quickly. Quality monitoring of when my HtL is on CD makes it easier to know when I can be rooted/slowed/knocked back. You said you knew this already but TBH this is one of the most annoying things I come across as a VG against Sorcs/Sages. So you are right to do it.

With respect to what to do when focused, if I have it out for you, you have a high chance of dying. Without the support of my team however, I can fall over just as easily as anyone else. So either isolating me from my team or stalling until your team provides support is going to be the best thing you can do to get that focus off of you. As I mentioned, keeping an eye on when my HtL is over will help with keeping me in place just long enough to force speed away and LoS... making you too hard of a target to bring down without overextending from the support of my team, which in turn makes me an easy kill.

Sorry if this doesn't help much. As I said I have little experience as a Sorc/Sage. But this is what makes them a headache for me.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

This forum is getting fun. We have nerf sorc threads, nerf jugg threads, nerf PT threads, nerf heals threads, nerf sins threads, even a poorly written sarcastic nerf mara thread. Now if we could only get snipers and mercs/mandos to where they need to be nerfed.

Nerf merc healers

Nerf snipers with 3 pocket healers.

Im srs.

It's more the fact that it's so easy to use a macro for it, and the macro will spam them so efficiently for you.

Increasing the internal cool down is a great suggestion but I was looking at a way to keep the spam in the game but adding some restrictions to it (by the way I don't play VG or PT).

Yea they aren't macroing, and you shouldn't even be in the conversation about adjusting a class if you don't know its strengths and weaknesses from playing it.

Well if specced properly they can have 2 stun breakers I believe. Their regular one and another upon use of Adrenaline Rush/Kolto Overload. If this is not the case you are running into, then it could also be a case of you using Force Lift/Whirwind and them being hit by some damage from another player (darn you people breaking my perfect flashbang while I'm capping a node! :()

In regards to tactics to downing them, VGs have a much larger boost to their mobility with 3.0 compared to what is was like prior. Mostly in terms of the ability for all of them to take utilities extending HtL's duration and reducing HtL's cooldown, not to mention the speed boost if they so choose to take that as well. Combine this with a 15m constant slow and 30-40m (if using the utilities for both) harpoon to bring you back in, and there is little chance of escape.

Sorcs/Sages are one of the few specs I haven't lvled to 60 with in PvP. So I cannot speak much on how to play them very well. But what I can tell you is what other Sages/Sorcs do to make my time as a VG hell. A Sorc/Sage that keeps a careful eye on my buff bar and knows how to LoS-heal/kite me can change the tide in a fight against me quickly. Quality monitoring of when my HtL is on CD makes it easier to know when I can be rooted/slowed/knocked back. You said you knew this already but TBH this is one of the most annoying things I come across as a VG against Sorcs/Sages. So you are right to do it.

With respect to what to do when focused, if I have it out for you, you have a high chance of dying. Without the support of my team however, I can fall over just as easily as anyone else. So either isolating me from my team or stalling until your team provides support is going to be the best thing you can do to get that focus off of you. As I mentioned, keeping an eye on when my HtL is over will help with keeping me in place just long enough to force speed away and LoS... making you too hard of a target to bring down without overextending from the support of my team, which in turn makes me an easy kill.

Sorry if this doesn't help much. As I said I have little experience as a Sorc/Sage. But this is what makes them a headache for me.

Thanks for the info... Didn't know about the 2 breakers...

I'm usually ok 1v1 against a PT if he's focusing me... LOS is my friend 😀... Its when there are 2 running in tandem... Been seeing lots of this lately... I'll also save all my slows etc for after the HtL... I've been wasting them trying to get away... Shame you can't customise your targets BUFFs like you can with your own...