Need Help Understanding Mods

TheDevillYouKnow

Ok so I am having trouble understanding mod colors, ranks/levels and cost of removing mods from armor/weapons. On my pyrotech/bounty hunter I have a green mod, level 268, and a yellow mod that is level 258.

The green mod is being indicated as having better stats but only costs 6k to remove from my weapon. Where as the yellow mod costs almost 55k.

Why does a mod with worse stats cost more to remove? I thought that mods quality was Purple > Yellow > Green.

What am I not understanding? I can't seem to find any article or forum that tells me this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by TheDevillYouKnow

Ok so I am having trouble understanding mod colors, ranks/levels and cost of removing mods from armor/weapons. On my pyrotech/bounty hunter I have a green mod, level 268, and a yellow mod that is level 258.

The green mod is being indicated as having better stats but only costs 6k to remove from my weapon. Where as the yellow mod costs almost 55k.

Why does a mod with worse stats cost more to remove? I thought that mods quality was Purple > Yellow > Green.

What am I not understanding? I can't seem to find any article or forum that tells me this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Yellow > Purple > Blue > Green > White > Grey(1) at the same requires-level.

The stats *total* is determined by the *rating* (the 268 or 258), while the cost to rip a mod-object is determined by a combination of strength-colour and requires-level. (Greens that require level 75 cost more to remove than greens that require level 70, for example.)

Higher colour-strength gives better stat mixes by adding more "tertiary" stats (accuracy/alacrity/crit OR absorb/defense/shield).

(1) The only usable gear that's grey is your starter armour on start-at-1 characters. Starter weapons are white.

The 258s are the best-in-slot from a previous release and were Gold-colored (and continue to be so.) They are therefore expensive to remove. The 268s are the lowest level for the new expansion (6.x) and are Green; so, they're cheaper to remove. But the new 268s have better stats than the older 258s.

However, you should NOT be removing any modifications from gear in this expansion till you have 306 gear. Whenever you receive an armor piece or weapon that has a green up arrow on it, equip it (replacing your currently equipped item) irrespective of the stats on it and your Discipline. Keep doing this till your iRating (shown on your character screen at top left) reaches 306.

Detailed gearing guides are available at MMOBits, SWTORista, and Vulkk. Gearing is less complicated, more easy, and less random (except for Amplifiers, and certain bonus sets) in the current version of the game compared to the last several years.

Edited by mike_carton

Just in case this applies here - you don't have to remove the current mods from your armor to put in new ones. Unless you want to use the mod on another piece of armor, or an alt, just overwrite them with the new mod, especially cheap greens.

I am not pulling out old mods in this specific instance.

However, you should NOT be removing any modifications from gear in this expansion till you have 306 gear. Whenever you receive an armor piece or weapon that has a green up arrow on it, equip it (replacing your currently equipped item) irrespective of the stats on it and your Discipline. Keep doing this till your iRating (shown on your character screen at top left) reaches 306.

I would agree with this if the weapons I get didn't look like crap compared to what I already have.

Detailed gearing guides are available at MMOBits, SWTORista, and Vulkk. Gearing is less complicated, more easy, and less random (except for Amplifiers, and certain bonus sets) in the current version of the game compared to the last several years.

Thank You I will look into these.