Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

Daellia
01.12.2012 , 12:31 PM | #21
Bumping again for visibility.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Jadalyn
01.12.2012 , 04:58 PM | #22
I'm interested in learning more about the accuracy stat for Sorcerers.

I'm confused as to the uselessness of accuracy in PvE (admittedly, I have never seen an ability miss). Although, the stats on the Rekata and Columi gear make more sense (having no accuracy whatsoever!)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Relidar
01.12.2012 , 06:21 PM | #23
Posting to rate the thread. Great work.

avengingavatar
01.12.2012 , 06:42 PM | #24
In the guide stickied above this it says that haste rating (whatever its called here) effects DoT ticks. This guide does not say that and I've read elsewhere that it does NOT effect how fast DoTs tick. Could you or someone verify either way please? Thank you.

lunabaguna
01.12.2012 , 07:13 PM | #25
forgot str, its minimally useful but it still gives us force stats.
Wow was copying Mario Brothers in every respect.
-A world (or many worlds)
-the color red in game
-you have to buy it

Daellia
01.12.2012 , 07:33 PM | #26
Quote:
I'm confused as to the uselessness of accuracy in PvE (admittedly, I have never seen an ability miss). Although, the stats on the Rekata and Columi gear make more sense (having no accuracy whatsoever!)
Accuracy decreases your chance to miss. Once that chance is at 0%, further accuracy reduces the target's resistance. Force attacks have a base accuracy of 100% against all targets, and PvE bosses possess zero baseline force or tech resist. Hence Accuracy does nothing for us.

Quote:
In the guide stickied above this it says that haste rating (whatever its called here) effects DoT ticks. This guide does not say that and I've read elsewhere that it does NOT effect how fast DoTs tick. Could you or someone verify either way please? Thank you.
We've tested it several times out on SithWarrior.com. All of our data suggests that Alacrity has no effect on DoT ticks. I believe the widespread belief that it does is based on WoW's DoT mechanics and a lack of easy way to test Alacrity's affect on them (particularly at low values of Alacrity). Our tests were fairly rigorous, however.

Quote:
forgot str, its minimally useful but it still gives us force stats.
Negative. It gives Assassin's melee bonus and crit. It gives no benefit to Sorcerers. Sith Warriors are the only ones that gain benefit to their force attacks via strength.

Vexxation
01.12.2012 , 09:55 PM | #27
Awesome info! I must admit to being usnure whether crit or power was 'better' but it seems they are pretty much on an equal footing (until caps) from your post

Daellia
01.12.2012 , 11:29 PM | #28
Quote:
Awesome info! I must admit to being usnure whether crit or power was 'better' but it seems they are pretty much on an equal footing (until caps) from your post
Well, yes and no. Power scales linearly, while crit scales along a DR curve, so it gets worse and worse the more of it you have. In addition, at least for dps, Power generally trumps Crit for dps benefit unless you have a very low amount of Crit rating or a very large amount of Surge.

TheHauntingBard
01.13.2012 , 03:59 AM | #29
Cheers for the awesome post, and bump.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Vexxation
01.13.2012 , 08:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
Well, yes and no. Power scales linearly, while crit scales along a DR curve, so it gets worse and worse the more of it you have. In addition, at least for dps, Power generally trumps Crit for dps benefit unless you have a very low amount of Crit rating or a very large amount of Surge.
Well I'm still levelling - I probably should've mentioned that lol - so I'm never sure if I should take power over crit or vice versa - my 'idea' is that they should be more balanced than not.
Also, are the stat weights different for sorcs vs assasins, or pretty much on a par for all Inquisitors/consulars?