Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

Starltwanderer
02.08.2012 , 09:06 PM | #101
Quick question about accuracy as it's relating to the raid bosses- the husband is saying that they have 108% avoidance, which means, theoretically (based on his experience as a sniper) that we really only have a 92% chance to hit unless we up our accuracy to 108%. Have you seen this be the case for sorcs at all? In running EV, i haven't ever seen a miss, but it doesn't mean that the phantom 8% isn't out there... just curious to know. Trying to help out myself and the other sorc in gearing up.

Thanks!

Daellia
02.09.2012 , 03:02 AM | #102
Quote:
Quick question about accuracy as it's relating to the raid bosses- the husband is saying that they have 108% avoidance, which means, theoretically (based on his experience as a sniper) that we really only have a 92% chance to hit unless we up our accuracy to 108%. Have you seen this be the case for sorcs at all? In running EV, i haven't ever seen a miss, but it doesn't mean that the phantom 8% isn't out there... just curious to know. Trying to help out myself and the other sorc in gearing up.

Thanks!
Avoidance is split into two categories: defense and resistance. Defense functions against melee and ranged attacks, and bosses are currently theorized to possess 8% defense (though it's not yet possible to state this solidly, as we lack an exportable combat log for statistical analysis). Resistance is an identical mechanic for force and tech attacks, except that bosses are currently theorized to have zero resistance (as above, can't actually state this completely without reservation, we can just say that we've never yet observed a miss). Sorcs are the only AC in the game that uses no melee or ranged attacks for DPS (also the only one that doesn't use our free basic attack).

This is further corroborated by the complete lack of even a single point of Accuracy on our tier gear. Every other DPS class in the game (including Operatives, who's damage is by an overwhelming majority Tech-based) have a full 10% from their tier gear. Even the tanks get a solid amount of Accuracy on their tier gear. Either Bioware just simply spaced the fact that Sorcs can DPS, or our tier design verifies our lack of need for Accuracy.

On a side note, with 8% miss chance, you would expect one in every 12-13 attacks to miss. That's a LOT of misses to simply have failed to notice one thus far.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Starltwanderer
02.09.2012 , 04:47 PM | #103
That's what I had thought, but wanted to verify. Much appreciated!

Aexrael
02.10.2012 , 07:39 AM | #104
Have anyone checked what curve/DR Surge is being reduced to with 1.1.3?

Daellia
02.10.2012 , 02:56 PM | #105
Aye, Cap is becoming 30%, and it actually scales faster relative to the curve itself (slower in absolute magnitude, though). There's an ongoing discussion of the change starting here:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...13716#pid13716

Daellia
02.15.2012 , 05:42 PM | #106
Updated the Surge note in the OP. Once I have Office back in working order after my upgrade, I'll update the chart for the new Surge curve.

AceIXP
02.16.2012 , 11:56 AM | #107
An enjoyable and informative read, keep up the excellent work!
If hate were people I'd be China!!

Have fun stormin' the castle!!

Tihor
03.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #108
Thanks for a very informative thread
Tihor AtirIlhok
New Age Faith - [NAF]
CE Pre-Order - 21-Jul-11
SWG Veteran - Euro-Farstar

Seanimus
03.05.2012 , 12:29 AM | #109
I'm wondering what else I can do to min max except get an augmented saber. I have a lot of mods to play around with. And I'm not sure what would be optimal for balancing crit/power, which is really the only decision I have left. Sitting at 324 surge, 220 or so alacrity, 302 crit rating, and 573 power. I'm currently using 6 willpower augments in my PVE gear, 1950 willpower, but I'm still wondering if switching a few to power or even crit would be better. Currently I stack aptitude and adept mods mostly, with one tier piece using the high crit values.

I could sacrifice some crit, to add even more power, or vice versa. Or am I at the perfect balance now? Decisions decisions...

Daellia
03.05.2012 , 12:35 AM | #110
Quote:
I'm wondering what else I can do to min max except get an augmented saber. I have a lot of mods to play around with. And I'm not sure what would be optimal for balancing crit/power, which is really the only decision I have left. Sitting at 324 surge, 220 or so alacrity, 302 crit rating, and 573 power. I'm currently using 6 willpower augments in my PVE gear, 1950 willpower, but I'm still wondering if switching a few to power or even crit would be better. Currently I stack aptitude and adept mods mostly, with one tier piece using the high crit values.

I could sacrifice some crit, to add even more power, or vice versa. Or am I at the perfect balance now? Decisions decisions...
I like to keep this topic off of specific min-maxing, but your gear looks pretty solidly balanced.

On the augment side, I've yet to encounter a sane gear setup in which any other augment is better than the Willpower ones.