Fix PT for pvp

reppaz

the episode of 5sec Deadly Onslaught aoe for AP gave me so much fun... one day ...

and the nerf after just pissed me off so much i clearly stopped playin PT, even pyro although the buff was "correct". But survivability still ridiculous.

madness called me again so i returned to my sorc.

Edited by Thaladan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT should be given net. I mean why not never liked fact one spec has something and other doesn't. Just like teleport for shadow/sin, never should be ripped away for a shadowstep. Anyways give PT net all sudden pressure will be great and people would have to adept. My 2 pennies..

While I agree that PT needs so defensive adjustment, PTs have some of the best CC kits in the game, they don't need net. Net as is can be an "I win" button, and is not balanced well. It prevents escapes, and if fighting more than one opponent, it can very quickly lead to death. It's particularly strong when you have ranged targeting the effected. Enet's on a PT would be no different that merc's using it, just like giving PT merc DCDs would be unbalancing as they are on mercs. E-net also damages right through Undying Rage and it shouldn't. So there are concerns to be considered with e-net. E-net makes more sense on a purely ranged class.

DPS shouldn't have second lives, nor healing to those levels, and even singularly, the DCDs are inbalancing.

PT's aren't tradtional melee. They have a much higher spread of 30' attacks than any of the other melee specs. You can't really view them as melee only, they're not. They can also have 15 seconds where they can use almost all of their attacks at 30', which in the 15 second period can account for 9 30' attacks. On a melee that's insane. They have a spammable 30' basic attack as well.

PTs offensively are very strong, AP's burst is real, a net on a PT would be no different than on a Merc.

They need some defensive adjustments to be sure. But they have far too much ranged potential to be treated like a melee only spec.

They should throw them another DCD along the lines of Saberward. Perhaps up their self heals abit, but, I think heals on DPS is a large part of the problem in PVP, there's simply too much healing going on on DPS specs.

The PT tank definitely needs some adjustment, and I can see giving them a merc DCD. If any bounty hunter spec should have merc DCDs its the PT tank. Would make them a lot more competitive and make PT skank tank a force to be reckoned with in PVP.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

While I agree that PT needs so defensive adjustment, PTs have some of the best CC kits in the game, they don't need net. Net as is can be an "I win" button, and is not balanced well. It prevents escapes, and if fighting more than one opponent, it can very quickly lead to death. It's particularly strong when you have ranged targeting the effected. Enet's on a PT would be no different that merc's using it, just like giving PT merc DCDs would be unbalancing as they are on mercs. E-net also damages right through Undying Rage and it shouldn't. So there are concerns to be considered with e-net. E-net makes more sense on a purely ranged class.

DPS shouldn't have second lives, nor healing to those levels, and even singularly, the DCDs are inbalancing.

PT's aren't tradtional melee. They have a much higher spread of 30' attacks than any of the other melee specs. You can't really view them as melee only, they're not. They can also have 15 seconds where they can use almost all of their attacks at 30', which in the 15 second period can account for 9 30' attacks. On a melee that's insane. They have a spammable 30' basic attack as well.

PTs offensively are very strong, AP's burst is real, a net on a PT would be no different than on a Merc.

They need some defensive adjustments to be sure. But they have far too much ranged potential to be treated like a melee only spec.

They should throw them another DCD along the lines of Saberward. Perhaps up their self heals abit, but, I think heals on DPS is a large part of the problem in PVP, there's simply too much healing going on on DPS specs.

The PT tank definitely needs some adjustment, and I can see giving them a merc DCD. If any bounty hunter spec should have merc DCDs its the PT tank. Would make them a lot more competitive and make PT skank tank a force to be reckoned with in PVP.

Well said. Net to me should be global for BH just like choke for jedi/sith. I mean its sorta a cc, think reason why is cause of pull which meh lol. They do seem to be a glass cannon when focused get blown up. Dangerous to give a class great burst without conquence of never dying with great defense. I agree too many classes have a heal back in return, so maybe give PT better all around defense and tweek.

Would make them a lot more competitive and make PT skank tank a force to be reckoned with in PVP.

Hate the idea of dps tanks, its a inbalance for so many levels. I know it may be fun and all for some, but every healer I have known hate the idea of having a wannabe tank throw guard on them and it don't protect them like a real tank should. Reason why it ever worked was because either lack of focus to destroy it or healers are that good to keep alive a dps tank aka skank tank. I posted it before, if you wanna get outta the trinity you pay the price of inbalance. I know games like Rift or Elder Scrolls or other mmos have hybrid trees to do whatever you want, beginning of this game you was able to be hybrid dps, tank and even dps healers. It was really fun but it caused alot of imbalance problems..

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Hate the idea of dps tanks, its a inbalance for so many levels. I know it may be fun and all for some, but every healer I have known hate the idea of having a wannabe tank throw guard on them and it don't protect them like a real tank should. Reason why it ever worked was because either lack of focus to destroy it or healers are that good to keep alive a dps tank aka skank tank. I posted it before, if you wanna get outta the trinity you pay the price of inbalance. I know games like Rift or Elder Scrolls or other mmos have hybrid trees to do whatever you want, beginning of this game you was able to be hybrid dps, tank and even dps healers. It was really fun but it caused alot of imbalance problems..

I agree, I think the whole concept of Skank tanking is role breaking. Have DPS like DPS specs and the defenses of a tank, I'm not sure how it could be seen any other way.

That said tho, I don't blame them for doing it because tank stats just don't translate well into PVP, so playing with tank gear, you get very little defensively for it and you lose alot of damage that you can have if you use DPS gear. Really their choice is sup par tanking, or tanking with good DPS. It's the system that's at fault.

They should fix the tank stats with bolster somehow. Bolster is capable of effecting all stats, I'm sure they could come up with something to make tank stats viable. If they are able to do that, that with the bolster than could also set it so it took away either DPS or lowered their health or defenses or something if a tank was geared with DPS gear. Or, they could make it so a character in tank spec can't equipt DPS gear or something along those lines.

Like I said, I don't blame them under the current conditions, they'd just be gimping themselves if they did otherwise.

While I don't see skank tanks in the same way I see Mercs or Snipers Opness, it is something that should be addressed soon while balancing is going on because hybridization is a major offender when it comes to class imbalances. Mercs who heal in the millions, Snipers that have better defenses than PT tanks, and both being ranged too boot, that's exactly why they are OP, they have role abilities outside their roles.

Id also like to see them take guards from DPS specs. DPS shouldn't be using tank abilities, and all the guarding is also part of the problem with the TTK, between that and all the healing DPS are doing, of course there will be imbalance between the haves and have nots. Ohh yeah, and let's try and limit DPS specs to one life a peice, if at all possible =p

I don't think healers are healing too much in PVP. I think DPS are healing too much in PVP.

As a Carnage Marauder im dependent on other's for heals, it's not like lessoning the healing of DPS specs would cause performance issues or make them unplayable. It, as well as fixing tank specs and guarding only by tanks, if anything would reenforce the trinity system and bring back some order to things. Now tanks matter alot, now healers matter even more. Let people do their respective jobs, it would only enhance the group content dynamic, everyone needing every one else for the role contributions only they can provide.

Until they fix the tanks stats in PVP, I can't point a finger at a skank tank for the two role thingy heh. They really have no choice. Besides, I'm sure there would be so many people who main tanks [ 'real tanks'] who would be so happy that they could play an actual tank in PVP the way they were meant too. It would make them sought after and valued even more I think. There's three different roles for a reason =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I agree, I think the whole concept of Skank tanking is role breaking. Have DPS like DPS specs and the defenses of a tank, I'm not sure how it could be seen any other way.

That said tho, I don't blame them for doing it because tank stats just don't translate well into PVP, so playing with tank gear, you get very little defensively for it and you lose alot of damage that you can have if you use DPS gear. Really their choice is sup par tanking, or tanking with good DPS. It's the system that's at fault.

They should fix the tank stats with bolster somehow. Bolster is capable of effecting all stats, I'm sure they could come up with something to make tank stats viable. If they are able to do that, that with the bolster than could also set it so it took away either DPS or lowered their health or defenses or something if a tank was geared with DPS gear. Or, they could make it so a character in tank spec can't equipt DPS gear or something along those lines.

Like I said, I don't blame them under the current conditions, they'd just be gimping themselves if they did otherwise.

While I don't see skank tanks in the same way I see Mercs or Snipers Opness, it is something that should be addressed soon while balancing is going on because hybridization is a major offender when it comes to class imbalances. Mercs who heal in the millions, Snipers that have better defenses than PT tanks, and both being ranged too boot, that's exactly why they are OP, they have role abilities outside their roles.

Id also like to see them take guards from DPS specs. DPS shouldn't be using tank abilities, and all the guarding is also part of the problem with the TTK, between that and all the healing DPS are doing, of course there will be imbalance between the haves and have nots. Ohh yeah, and let's try and limit DPS specs to one life a peice, if at all possible =p

I don't think healers are healing too much in PVP. I think DPS are healing too much in PVP.

Take away guard from dps problem will be solved, as well as no shield. Now if a tank wants to gimp and put dps stats instead of actual tank stats then so be it, but there needs to be consequences. Your right every class has a heal back which i never liked, you would think defense and healers paying attention should be the norm for pvp. Instead they have made certain specs have crazy amount of heal back as a dps where certain dps specs live longer than a tank lol. Baffles me..

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Take away guard from dps problem will be solved, as well as no shield. Now if a tank wants to gimp and put dps stats instead of actual tank stats then so be it, but there needs to be consequences. Your right every class has a heal back which i never liked, you would think defense and healers paying attention should be the norm for pvp. Instead they have made certain specs have crazy amount of heal back as a dps where certain dps specs live longer than a tank lol. Baffles me..

If you take away guard from pt, jugg and sins then remove off heals from mercs, sorcs and operativ.

Edited by reppaz

started playing my PT the past few days. Damage can be pretty good even under geared but the defensives aren't there. Some tweaks could be done but i cant give my opinion on what that should be, i still need to get geared and optimize. For example, I need to remove all SUCK from my gear and stack more PRO. Right now i'm running 1522 weak Bolstered & 926 awesome I need to swap those.

If you have heals and/or a tank in a premade, tactics is still pretty fun. But yeah, I think they need to buff the defenses and self heals for dps players. Since they give reflects out like candy nowadays, why not give them one too. Would a reflect and 10, 5% missile self heals be enough... maybe. Its at least a starting point.

I think this is just a squeaky wheels thing. Rewind a year and a half. A that time was just popular to think mandos and slingers were underpowered. Even people who were ignorant of the game just assumed they were "underpowered." They werent. They were just picked on in 4v4s. They always functioned fine in 8v8s. But in 4v4s, its more about class defensives. People dont want to play a class where your job is to kite and die well. So they dont get played. Mercs offense was always fine. They needed a defense, sure. But they got like 3. Since then, everyone just talks about mercs and sorcs, some classes get forgot about. VGs are just not squekin enough. I think most dps probably rerolled by now.