Armormech

Aaoogaa

If it isn't bad enough as armormech, when they launch the medium and heavy social armors everyone will have even easier access to fully modable armor pieces. What is going to be done to make Armormech even the least bit viable once those changes are made?

I am holding off on dropping Armormech for biochem because I have faith that you will make the needed changes to armormech...I really have hope even after nothing was changed in beta....and nothing has been done over the last 2 months. So either tell us that nothing is being changed so I can stop hoping and go biochem or give an idea on what you are doing to make armormech viable.

Armormech and Synthweaving are supposedly getting crittable orange gear, so social gear will continue to be strictly for leveling. If anything, people will buy augmented orange pieces for their alts too.

As it is, Rakata bracers and some of the BoE mastercrafts are very good unless you have access to dropped modifications from NM raids. The question is whether new Rakatas will be available on trainers once they introduce new raid tiers, but I don't think they've announced a new tier yet.

Yeah have the Rak peices so there is no point in actually having armormech anymore since the skill isn't required to wear them. I just don't want to give up everything I have done in this useless skill if there is a sliver of hope that the devs will actually friggin do something. The augable orange would be nice...but have you seen an official post on that?

I'm a synthweaver, but I feel the frustration. I have to force armor on my guildmates and they only want orange, even though the armor I can make is oftentimes better as they level.

It makes me wonder how much time and effort was spent on those other 450 recipes I have, the creation, the coding and the graphics...it seems like a giant waste of time. And that's sad because I love crafting.

I know there's been debate back and forth, and I'm not trying to add to that, I just wish they would do something to make these other recipes either viable, or just remove them and give us all orange, or provide some other alternative.

This is the quote we have which promises mastercraft orange gear.

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

Edited by Raani

the graphics...

Not much there. It feels like there's 4 looks for each armor type, and the rest of the difference between A and B is coloring. We were talking about this on my server's Carrick Station today. Most of us agreed at least half their art department should be scanning the want ads daily. Heavy Armor robe sets are awful. One set with multiple color options available in fully mod'able orange in two color variations at 40. And the only if you PVP. One more set available ONLY in Consular Green at 50 through rare lockbox drops. But it's the suit the guy in the splash screen and "Hero" of the Defense of the Jedi Temple during The Sacking of Coruscant was wearing. AND it look cool.

Generally speaking, the Sith Empire side looks better, but they have some real dogs to look at too. What is up with the Football Helmet? These guys dropped the ball on helmets in general. Well dropped the ball, stepped on it, popped it, and then lost it under the couch.

Smuggler hats apparently all have a bandana to them... even the cool wide brimmed one you get at upper levels like the guy in the video wears has some sort of wrap around covering to hide your hair choice.

Consulars.. well aside from one or two circlets they always look like they're one poke to the softspot away from riding the short bus and drooling for life. I saw an NPC Sith today wearing a horned helmet that looked like a high quality but badly conceived ripoff of (Had to look this up so I may be wrong) Rita Repulsa of Power Rangers fame. A dismal downgrade from things like the Sith Mask of KOTOR fame.

Troopers take too long to look like Troopers. They spend entirely too long in clothes looking armor, white suits with square plastiorm patches, and yellow stripes that look more like a clerical duty or dress uniform than something to wear into battle.

And Knights... it's hard to tell their robes are even armored until they get into their 30's for absolutely comical one pointy sholder pad homages to Games Workshop, and Central American Dictators everywhere.

Tell ya what, put on a robe, or armor with a cape. Now get on your Lhosan Dagger type speeder- (Motorbike look with half the speeder in front and behind you) and fly to the fastest elevator you can find. Ride that puppy up and down and watch your robe/cape fly over your head. Now hop back in your speeder, and mouse turn will going forward full speed and jumping. Watch that robe/cape tail flap and fly in the wind changing directions and spinning around while you turn. Now stop dead still and watch your cape fall THROUGH the bike. That's right, they did all that work, and can't get the cape to look like its sitting on the bike.

... If anything, people will buy augmented orange pieces for their alts too...

I have a few Orange schematics as a armormech that have "Trooper / Jedi Knight" listed on the gear (example). So companions can't use them. :-/

Guess what the nice looking orange gear has listed on them... yup the above. :-/

Thanks for the info. Got to say 1.2 better deliver what they promise or every toon I have will be retooled to support biochem. Would be nice if they added armormech created augments...seems that synthweaving and armormech are the place for those items to be created. They don't fit in slicing at all.