Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

So I c most of the people ONLY asking for a merge are PvE'ers.

Since bioware responded I see the people that have replied have been mainly from Master Da'Nala which is the pvp server we don't speak for all of the APAC community, bioware wants every ones opinion not just one person's opinion been told across what like 6 pages now like you said your piece just leave it bioware will take it in consideration like all of our posts im sure.

They said they want whats best for the APAC community not just so you can get YOUR toons over to the US server since you don't even wanna play with the APAC community

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since bioware responded I see the people that have replied have been mainly from Master Da'Nala which is the pvp server we don't speak for all of the APAC community, bioware wants every ones opinion not just one person's opinion been told across what like 6 pages now like you said your piece just leave it bioware will take it in consideration like all of our posts im sure.

They said they want whats best for the APAC community not just so you can get YOUR toons over to the US server since you don't even wanna play with the APAC community

If you're going to quote me, at least do it accurately. You don't work for Fox News, do you?

*EDIT* ..and if you looked closely through this thread, you'd see way more of my posts. Unlike others, I haven't only now decided to be active in this thread.

Edited by Ignicity

I just want to provide a voice making it clear that I'd much prefer low pop servers with good ping rather than being merged onto the US west coast, if that's a consideration.

Merging all 3 APAC servers seems best though, there's no world pvp anyway. However, last night I was able to run the 2 HK-51 instances out of the blue just by using the group finder, without waiting for more than a few minutes, so the situation isn't entirely dire. I've also been getting the daily 2 warzones on multiple alts each day without a wait most of the time. A decent guild has also randomly recruited my character and are asking me to run with them regularly, so access to content isn't entirely abysmal right now. (seems to have improved since how it was just before f2p was released). Fleets seems to average about 60 to 80 people in busier times.

I agree with this, lower ping is the main reason I decided to try this game in the first place.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

It is really really simple.

Allow free character transfers between oceanic servers. Guilds and players can then choose what to do, you will quickly see a re-balance in population shift as people chose the best server for themselves. After a few months you might find that 1 server out of the 3 has almost 0 population and you can then look at decomissioning it. This will save you money in operational expenses in the long term and will give us the chance to choose where to go for ourselves.

It is a no brainer seriously

It is really really simple.

Allow free character transfers between oceanic servers. Guilds and players can then choose what to do, you will quickly see a re-balance in population shift as people chose the best server for themselves. After a few months you might find that 1 server out of the 3 has almost 0 population and you can then look at decomissioning it. This will save you money in operational expenses in the long term and will give us the chance to choose where to go for ourselves.

It is a no brainer seriously

That could get messy, with people jumping all over the place and getting confused. Personally I'd prefer a simple merge.

2 Things, one solution is not enough.

1. Merge all 3 servers - Make it PVE. Then offer free xfers (one off) to APAC players to go back

2. Offer 1 off xfers to servers of choice

I agree with this.

I've literally levelled on planets where i was the only player on the planet from my own faction let alone had much chance of seeing players from the opposite faction on MDN. So open world pvp is by far a secondary concern for me now.

PVE super server with added rp channel (as others have suggested) sounds like the best option to me.

I think merging all 3 servers is the obvious first step.

I like the idea of modifying the game so that pvp and rp players can "flag" themselves as such at character creation so the pvp ruleset can still exist even on Dalbora for players who want that.

US players should have the option of transfering to the new 'super-APAC' server for free.

After all than and a cooling off period, players should have the option of transferring to a US pvp/rp destination if they are unwilling to play on a pve server.

Thanks for the post!

The small group of players I play with on Master D are all for a server merge into a PvE server.

It also seems reasonable to allow APAC players on US servers to get a free transfer back to APAC. After about a month you should open transfers to those who wish to leave the APAC servers. I will not leave, but having the option would be fair to those who would.

I would suggest that you do not sit on this for ANY great length of time as lots of player have their patience tested by this situation and we may just lose more to other games. I would quantify a great length of time at this point as anything longer than a week to tell us what you will do and then three weeks after this to action the plan.

I would like to add that I agree that names should go to those who have held the name the longest. This does not impact on me so much though.

Lastly, I have never used the smileys, so :csw_yoda:

Thank you.

1. Merge all 3 APAC servers into 1 Super Server

2. Limited Time transfers

---

You MUST offer transfers as well as the merger. Many of the population got sick of waiting for you to do something so have re-rolled on Harbinger and Bastion. If you had given us an indication of what your intentions were, this could have been avoided, but your lack of communication forced people into making a decision based on what they had. Transfers are essential.

One of the biggest issues on all Oceanic realms is lack of players for end game content. It can take hours to form a group for Heroic Flash Points, quarter of an hour or longer at night to get into Warzones (don't even try PVPing during the day as you'll be waiting hours), and raiding is limited to all but a few larger guilds.

It honestly mystifies me why Bioware have gone for a model were F2P players can do next to nothing end game wise, mean while your subscribes wait for tens of minutes or even hours for Heroic Hard Modes and Warzones, and PUG ops groups simply don't exist on Master D.

Why don't Bioware look at allowing F2P players participate more in end game content. Allow them to run LFG story and hard mode ops, but prevent them from participating in Nightmare, and limit them to 3 loot rolls per week. Allow them unlimited LFG HM Flash Points, but again limit them to 3 item rolls a week for loot. Allow them to participate at least 3 Warzones per day, but barred from Rank Warzones, can't obtain ranked warzone comms, and can't wear ilevel 150 pvp gear. I believe an approach like this would bring more players in, and entice them to subscribe.

The F2P restrictions are doing more harm then good imho. There's a difference between a F2P model which is enticing people to try the game and then subscribe if they like it. VS a F2P model which lures the potential customer in (promise of no cost to play) and then holds them ransom. IMHO SWTOR's F2P model is the latter. It's a joke and I can't see Bioware achieving success with it. Perhaps financial success, but not success in the form of a strong and happy community.

On one side you have subscribers who are crying out for more end game players, and on the other you have F2P players whom you won't allow to participate in end game content without significant hurdles and financial barriers. So you're screwing your own subscribers, and you're screwing your F2P players.

I honestly believe that a reduction in the F2P restrictions would do a lot to revive the servers, also bring in more subscribers, and make your current subscribers happy.

Given the unlikelihood of the above happening my thoughts:

Merge all 3 Oceanic servers, but also give players the option to transfer to any American server of their choosing.

Thanks,

Hàsh

Edited by ikioi

Thanks for the post!

The small group of players I play with on Master D are all for a server merge into a PvE server.

It also seems reasonable to allow APAC players on US servers to get a free transfer back to APAC. After about a month you should open transfers to those who wish to leave the APAC servers. I will not leave, but having the option would be fair to those who would.

I would suggest that you do not sit on this for ANY great length of time as lots of player have their patience tested by this situation and we may just lose more to other games. I would quantify a great length of time at this point as anything longer than a week to tell us what you will do and then three weeks after this to action the plan.

I would like to add that I agree that names should go to those who have held the name the longest. This does not impact on me so much though.

Lastly, I have never used the smileys, so :csw_yoda:

Thank you.

bw, just go to learn about gw2,

everything solved.

Dalborra has a fairly healthy population but i'm sure most of them here would welcome a merge of the other asia-pacific servers. Would help with finding groups faster in group finder and endgame operations. At the moment things are working but the extra numbers would make things work alot better. Just have to make sure the super server could handle the extra population. Edited by Amlici

I'd just like to echo what others have already said here, just so it is clear.

I think the current situation with the APAC servers is begging for a merge. From what I have heard, the population on Master Dar'Nala is pretty dire and every PvP player I have heard from says that they'd rather be on a lively PvE server rather than a dead PvP server. Some have already started over on NA servers.

I think the best and most sensible compromise is merging all three servers into Dalborra because it is a vanilla PvE server. Back that up with an option for players on the Gav Daragon and Master Dar'Nala to transfer to a specific RP and/or PvP server, and I think that would be the best solution you could achieve.

Leaving things as they are will alienate Oceanic players (like myself), especially players on Master Dar'Nala, and you'll end up with servers with diminishing populations.

If individual transfers en mass to wherever they want was such an easy option, wouldn't it be available by now, not in 6 months + ?

Are individual manual transfers available now? Yes

EAware wont advertise it, but they have manually moved characters for some players under extreme circumstances.

Merging / forced transfers to the largest APAC server is the best solution I believe.

I wouldn't play this game on american servers as i find it too difficult to pvp given my isp / computing setup, but more then that, i believe that most people want to play on servers located closer to them. Master D server is more of a community then a server now, @ 7pm on Thursday, 50 people on fleet at the moment, 65 level 50s on the republic side. I dont remember seeing the server status say anything but light in the past 3 months and its almost unplayable in mornings and half the time on the weekends.

Merging servers would allow the pops of all 3 servers to reinforce themselves, opening up content to all players (of all levels) at most if not all times of the day throughout the week. I know guilds that have moved servers, and if offered may well return to an active scene. Added to this, new players would actually be able to experience the games full content and not feel disappointed with their purchase. F2P players would resub, and the rate of subs to F2P would reduce.

I think if you give people the option to transfer to other APAC servers, you run the risk of it not working, and if you give the option of transferring to american servers, they will, which will close off a market for BW / EA as the APAC servers will die almost immediately. This will mean that you wont have a chance to grow the game, re-establish existing subscriptions or to gain payments from micro-payments.

Merge = best!

*sorry about it being long i got distracted halfway through... but it wasnt a WZ :( *

HI EVERYBODY!!!! YAY a reply!!!! My eyes nearly exploded when I saw how many posts have been made in this thread.

Let me just say, thank you BW/EA for a reply but in saying that its now time for action... the APAC Community has waited long enough.

I think there are two options to consider

Option 1

Phase 1. Make Dalborra a super server. Have a designated 6 week period for ALL APAC registered players to transfer to this server, and this server only. This will allow us to bring home the characters we rerolled on US servers and unite the APAC community on one server. We can finally jump ship from the PvP and RP server if we chose to do so.

Phase 2.Re-evaluate after six weeks. If those that chose to stay on Master Dar'Nala and the RP server do so and their population is bad, well thats their loss. Make an executive decision and either keep the PVP and RP server open, or shut it down and force xfer the rest to Dalborra. You guys at EA/BW get paid the big bucks and I think that decision should be made by you guys.

Phase 3.PROFIT!!! A united and happy APAC community!!!! Hundreds will return to the game for this exact reason!!! Population has the potential to be huge on Dalborra if it is made a super server! Think of the subscriptions you will get, think of the Cartel Market and all that money!

Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)

2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

Most importantly!!! THIS SERVICE MUST BE FREE!!!! We have suffered long enough.

So Bioware you have a fair bit to think about. A decision must be made soon for the APAC community. Regardless of what decision you make it is going to upset people. There is well over 2000 posts in this thread (not to mention the hundreds deleted) just showing how passionate the APAC community is over this issue.

Make a decision and lets implement it fast.

Thanks

<3 Chippy

Edited by Cheezfriend

Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)

2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

I like this very much. I think most of the APAC player base would transfer to Dalborra given the chance and those that don't.. well its just silly keeping the other two servers open for the minority, offer transfers to the US or EU servers if they must.