how do u beat Toborro's bot in "taking on Toborro"

belhawk

I recommend staying in close. Like as tight to the bot as you can.

Once it starts charging the one shot beam, it won't turn to follow you. So what I did was just run through it as soon as the charge started, and just hang out behind it until the blast is over. Lather, rinse, repeat.

There's a red targeting icon on the ground (where you're standing when the cast starts), move out of it and you'll be fine :)

It was rather embarrassing for me for me the first time I fought him with my half basic, half BiS DG gunslinger... figured there was no way he could kill me so I just stood in place and was DPSing... and yep, sure enough got melted pretty bad.

So just keep an eye out for the target on the ground and move out of it and you'll be alright :)

Thanks to the advice in this thread, when I faced it for the first time just a little while ago with my Shadow, had no trouble at all. It was almost disappointingly easy since I knew what to avoid.

There were guard droids outside the palace that were more of a challenge than Toborro's droid if you know what to do. Almost ridiculous if you think about it, and definitely anticlimactic.

Or LoS the droid. There's a standing banner near the entrance to the room, on the droid's side. Stay behind that- it can't hit you back there- pop out and smack the thing in between its main attacks, let your companion do the rest since the one-shot beam doesn't affect companions (might work better with a healer comp; in my case, my sent had Doc out, he'd get hit by the minor attack, heal himself, shoot the droid, I'd scurry out, take a few swipes, rinse repeat, over in about 3 minutes).

Not the most heroic of tactics but I just wanted it over and done with :D

Or LoS the droid. There's a standing banner near the entrance to the room, on the droid's side. Stay behind that- it can't hit you back there- pop out and smack the thing in between its main attacks, let your companion do the rest since the one-shot beam doesn't affect companions (might work better with a healer comp; in my case, my sent had Doc out, he'd get hit by the minor attack, heal himself, shoot the droid, I'd scurry out, take a few swipes, rinse repeat, over in about 3 minutes).

Not the most heroic of tactics but I just wanted it over and done with :D

Just tried standing behind the banner and was killed in the first shot. Did they make some changes?

Edit - Just tried running behind it and also died. Once he slows me down I can't seem to stay out of the way. I'm trying this as a trooper.

Edited by Xyeth

Just tried standing behind the banner and was killed in the first shot. Did they make some changes?

Edit - Just tried running behind it and also died. Once he slows me down I can't seem to stay out of the way. I'm trying this as a trooper.

Same here. Nothing suggested is working for me. I don't know how to prevent his slow status on me and he definitely can shoot the beam through LOS even walls for me.

I'm really frustrated and at my wit's end.

I also found that using tank companion helps a lot, since boss is never facing you. Just sit behind the droid and hit it without worrying about mechanics.

Aside from aoe, the droid does little damage, so even not geared companion should survive just fine. If you are dps, you'll kill droid before he kills your tank comp. If you are a healer, you can help your companion survive long enough.

The giant laser that one-shots the players does no damage to companion.

Edited by PaniMauser

As a trooper, you have Hold the Line ability, exactly for situations when you are slowed and need to run fast.

• 2 weeks later...
what i did was get close to the side and near the back of toborro. I attacked and kept moving to stay there as Toborro tried to bring me to his front so he could 1 shot me. When he used his slow down attack on me, I stopped attacking and moved to stay at the rear area of his right side, because he was trying to slow me so he center me in front of him for a 1 shot kill.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Has anybody got to actually kill this thing?

I tried most of the above mentioned tips, but the thing still kills me. Standing close is no good, since in the current patch it has the red area around it where it kills you if you stand there. And the droid moves even during the laser charging and stops only like 2 secs before the actual laser is fired, so going through it can only be done like in the last moment and still you have to be out of the red zone. Also all purging techniques simply fail in the last stage of the charging. I do not know why I cannot force run or use resilience or maybe I am using them too early in the charging and then it immobilized me and kills on the spot.

The only way I managed to get to 20% of its health was when I was fighting my Shadow tank from the distance with the projectiles and use force run in the last moment. It seems to me that slowing is not so strong when you are in the distance. Also hiding behind the wall at the entry does not work because the moment I move there the droid exits the fight and resets the health. I tried it with the help of a Sage and we both got killed eventually. I think a group of four can actually make it, because droid can aim at only 1 of them and this way you can survive 4 laser charges and meanwhile kill the thing.

Edited by DanuBanu

Hello,

Has anybody got to actually kill this thing?

I tried most of the above mentioned tips, but the thing still kills me. Standing close is no good, since in the current patch it has the red area around it where it kills you if you stand there. And the droid moves even during the laser charging and stops only like 2 secs before the actual laser is fired, so going through it can only be done like in the last moment and still you have to be out of the red zone. Also all purging techniques simply fail in the last stage of the charging. I do not know why I cannot force run or use resilience or maybe I am using them too early in the charging and then it immobilized me and kills on the spot.

The only way I managed to get to 20% of its health was when I was fighting my Shadow tank from the distance with the projectiles and use force run in the last moment. It seems to me that slowing is not so strong when you are in the distance. Also hiding behind the wall at the entry does not work because the moment I move there the droid exits the fight and resets the health. I tried it with the help of a Sage and we both got killed eventually. I think a group of four can actually make it, because droid can aim at only 1 of them and this way you can survive 4 laser charges and meanwhile kill the thing.

Right now, I don't have much time to type or explain things, but I recommend you look up videos of it on Youtube, as seeing the actual fight might help you more than people explaining it in text. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just killed him with tank companion and dps companion. We hung outside and twiddled our thumbs.

After choking three times -- twice trying to interrupt the annihilation attack, and once to being unable to get out of its way fast enough, I pulled out Lord Scourge, who was still in his starting gear, and sent him in first, switching out of tank stance myself. He went down, but not before we were able to beat the droid down enough that I could finish him. He probably would have stayed up if I'd taken the time to gear him out first.

Edited by DmdShiva

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
I recommend staying in close. Like as tight to the bot as you can.

Once it starts charging the one shot beam, it won't turn to follow you. So what I did was just run through it as soon as the charge started, and just hang out behind it until the blast is over. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Wow, following that advice, my first time doing this mission, tiik me maybe ten seconds to kill the robot. Thanks