legacy name/xp. 1 question

shhfiftyfive

specifically, i want to know if legacy is shared account-wide, or is it restricted to a single server?

my logic breaks down like this:

1. since we need to play more than 4 characters to cover all the crafting professions,

2. and we aren't allowed to mail cross-faction,

3. and there are only 8 slots per server,

4. that means i'll basically be playing on 2 servers. 1 republic, and 1 empire. with 6-8 characters on each side/server.

i know it's silly that i feel the need to have every profession/crew skill for all my alts. i hate that there are so many crafting skills and you can only choose 1 per character.

i also think it sucks we are restricted to 8 slots per server, since we can only play 1 at a time i don't understand the restriction.

but it will also suck if the legacy doesn't carry over to your entire account and is restricted to your server.

specifically, i want to know if legacy is shared account-wide, or is it restricted to a single server?

my logic breaks down like this:

1. since we need to play more than 4 characters to cover all the crafting professions,

2. and we aren't allowed to mail cross-faction,

3. and there are only 8 slots per server,

4. that means i'll basically be playing on 2 servers. 1 republic, and 1 empire. with 6-8 characters on each side/server.

i know it's silly that i feel the need to have every profession/crew skill for all my alts. i hate that there are so many crafting skills and you can only choose 1 per character.

i also think it sucks we are restricted to 8 slots per server, since we can only play 1 at a time i don't understand the restriction.

but it will also suck if the legacy doesn't carry over to your entire account and is restricted to your server.

As a bit of an added question to this so we wont need another new thread.

When choosing a name, and one day earn a title or rank, will you be able to alter the name or choose how it is shown?

I read something about this in legacy-names but i thought about titles such as the Darth title as well. Could a player named for example Jamaro only be called Darth Jamaro or will he be able to pick yet another name for his Darth title? Like for instance with Anakin that became Vader etc?

As a bit of an added question to this so we wont need another new thread.

When choosing a name, and one day earn a title or rank, will you be able to alter the name or choose how it is shown?

I read something about this in legacy-names but i thought about titles such as the Darth title as well. Could a player named for example Jamaro only be called Darth Jamaro or will he be able to pick yet another name for his Darth title? Like for instance with Anakin that became Vader etc?

There are separate "Titles" you earn throughout progression and deeds/missions you accomplish. The legacy "name" is a last name (surname) or badge (shown UNDER your name). You can choose how to display it (or not at all).

So if your legacy name was "Blitz" and your character was "John", and he was a jedi... you could eventually be:

Jedi Knight John Blitz

There are separate "Titles" you earn throughout progression and deeds/missions you accomplish. The legacy "name" is a last name (surname) or badge (shown UNDER your name). You can choose how to display it (or not at all).

So if your legacy name was "Blitz" and your character was "John", and he was a jedi... you could eventually be:

Jedi Knight John Blitz

Roger that. Better get on with hunting glory then ;)

Found an option of how to show legacy and such in the menu. Have to check this out more closely but it is a good start. Just hoping they don´t throw out titles to anyone that can walk.

Roger that. Better get on with hunting glory then ;)

Found an option of how to show legacy and such in the menu. Have to check this out more closely but it is a good start. Just hoping they don´t throw out titles to anyone that can walk.

You didn't get the "First Stepper" title by walking from the first door? Hmm, go back and do it again ;)

I jest.

It's part of a game mechanic, everyone will pick one. Last I heard they had to be universally unique, but I am hoping this has since changed and it is now by server.

It shouldn't be unique at all...

can you imagine a scenario where a group of people want to RP that they are a family?

Let's say for instance we have a player named 'Han Solo'

Leia wishes to marry Han... so she would pick 'Solo' as her surname.

Two other players have characters name Jaina and Jacen want to join in the fun and be Solos as well.

As long as the combo of given + surname is unique that should be enough....