I love so this game so much but....

Aimshoot

I been playing this game almost since it came out and really loved it but with a whole line up of new games coming out in the next couple of months i don't think this game can really compete. The time it takes them to bring any good content is to slow and it really saddens me that SWTOR might not be the game i thought it was going be and i am sure some agree with me also. Maybe this is just a sign this era of star wars video games who knows.

please show me a game that delivers content faster than this game, the only one I can think of is Rift and that's barely.

Errm.. for example Secret World aka TSW, monthly content updates, new missions, new features, new locations, weapons, game mechanics, clothes, decks, pets, lairs, raid..

They even have a monthly issue cover.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_issue_1_july_2012_unleashed

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_issue_2_august_2012_digging_deeper

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/issue_3_the_cat_god_now_live

Issue 3 was the Halloween Event

Issue 4 is just around the corner

Monthly updates are possible with a fraction of the budget. Why? I expect that from TOR as well.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

please show me a game that delivers content faster than this game, the only one I can think of is Rift and that's barely.

Asherons Call and Secret World.

This game isn't the fastest to deliver content. Other games deliver lasting content not just events that last a few days.

And it isn't just about delivering content, it's about how much a person enjoys that content.

I don't think he's talking about MMO's either. There are quite a few decent games coming out over the next few months. Some people take breaks to play other games. I've taken several.

I been playing this game almost since it came out and really loved it but with a whole line up of new games coming out in the next couple of months i don't think this game can really compete. The time it takes them to bring any good content is to slow and it really saddens me that SWTOR might not be the game i thought it was going be and i am sure some agree with me also. Maybe this is just a sign this era of star wars video games who knows.

Obvious Doomsayer is quite obvious. Also quite annoying, and old. (By that I mean get new material) The game isn't dying, it's not Bioware's or EA's fault you people rushed to 50, then rushed to complete everything. Only ones at fault for that is yourselves. Everquest was a year and a half releasing Kunark. WoW was two years releasing their first content after initial release.

That being said, EA/Bioware have released content at a pretty reasonable rate. We're at 1.4.something, and they're getting ready to release yet another planet, and a new companion, and the game ISN'T EVEN A YEAR OLD YET. People need to chill. And not just on the doomsaying. Get a life. Don't devote all your time to a game.

Obvious Doomsayer is quite obvious. Also quite annoying, and old. (By that I mean get new material) The game isn't dying, it's not Bioware's or EA's fault you people rushed to 50, then rushed to complete everything. Only ones at fault for that is yourselves. Everquest was a year and a half releasing Kunark. WoW was two years releasing their first content after initial release.

That being said, EA/Bioware have released content at a pretty reasonable rate. We're at 1.4.something, and they're getting ready to release yet another planet, and a new companion, and the game ISN'T EVEN A YEAR OLD YET. People need to chill. And not just on the doomsaying. Get a life. Don't devote all your time to a game.

*** is doomsayer? Also I consider my self a casual and a star wars fan. I love star wars games and the MMOs the most and i also playing racing puzzle and shooter games. Compared to SWG this game has a lack of content which i am blaming EA for since i know bioware and love them and also I did not rush to 50 took my ages cause i had other things to do School/work/etc. Lets face it this game is loosing subscribers fast and it sucks cause i wanted this to replace swg but i am wrong. I am already starting to consider uninstalling this game after 1.5.

kind of blurry OP,," i love this game, but it wasnt the wow killer , so i dont love it as much"

content wise , i would put them above average,,thats a good thing

the bad things are: they started with lesser content than usual mmos, and theres too many bugs

kind of blurry OP,," i love this game, but it wasnt the wow killer , so i dont love it as much"

content wise , i would put them above average,,thats a good thing

the bad things are: they started with lesser content than usual mmos, and theres too many bugs

I played wow did not like it. Never said it was a wow killer either.

Lol, an MMO gamer telling another MMO gamer to get a life and not devote himself to a video game, while he himself defends a game that anyone with half a brain can see is dying. Pathetic.

Good job ignoring the giant drop in population causing servers to merge.

Good job ignoring the giant drop in population AFTER the servers have merged.

Good job ignoring the fact that many people are NOT happy with the free to play version that is coming out in it's current state and then leave.

Instead, what do you do? Assume that people have rushed through the content, because you're blind to the fact that this game is so far sub par and people are speaking truthfully about it.

As for the new companion and planet... Are you kidding me? We've been waiting for this stuff forever. Oh, and what's the release date on Makeb? Gee, sure can't wait for all the seperate class stories that are coming out with it. Oh wait, they're not. It's one storyline that all the classes follow.

Open your eyes. F2p was their hail mary pass to try and keep this game afloat. Too many holes in the boat, however.

Errm.. for example Secret World aka TSW, monthly content updates, new missions, new features, new locations, weapons, game mechanics, clothes, decks, pets, lairs, raid..

They even have a monthly issue cover.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_issue_1_july_2012_unleashed

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_world_issue_2_august_2012_digging_deeper

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/issue_3_the_cat_god_now_live

Issue 3 was the Halloween Event

Issue 4 is just around the corner

Monthly updates are possible with a fraction of the budget. Why? I expect that from TOR as well.

While it is true that TSW does updates roughly monthly.... you are overstating the degeee of the content updates a bit. They are nice, but hardly substantial.

Rift is the only MMO that does notable content updates on a consistent short cycle schedule. And even that gets stale because much of it is rinse and repeat of event releases.

Edited by Andryah

OP, the real trick to preventing boredom and burnout in MMOs is to play several of them in a personal style and pace of rotation. Been doing it for years, and have yet to get bored playing. No MMO can keep pace with the players level of consumption and demand these days, so it's best for the player to diversify play experience across 2 or 3 MMOs. If you don't it's your own fault if you get bored IMO.

/2cents

Edited by Andryah

OP, the real trick to preventing boredom and burnout in MMOs is to play several of them in a personal style and pace of rotation. Been doing it for years, and have yet to get bored playing. No MMO can keep pace with the players level of consumption and demand these days, so it's best for the player to diversify play experience across 2 or 3 MMOs. If you don't it's your own fault if you get bored IMO.

/2cents

Jupp, I play SWTOR, DAII and Mass Effect.

Varying what you are playing keeps you enjoying them for longer. Have two lvl 50's so far, slowly lvl:ing a third to see the story and life on the imp-side. In between lvl:ing that new char I do some Ops, or play my 4:th Hawke. Still having fun in all these games.

Compared to SWG this game has a lack of content which i am blaming EA for since i know bioware and love them and also I did not rush to 50 took my ages cause i had other things to do School/work/etc.

You OBVIOUSLY did not play SWG at launch. The game had ZERO content. It was SW: SIMS. I enjoyed it for the six months we played at launch but we went through all the content in the first two or three and the rest of our game time was sitting in the cantina or clothes shopping. There wasn't anything to do. The "expansions" barely added any more content. SWTOR has more content at buggy release than SWG did the entire game. Being able to create moisture farms does not = content.

Did you rage quit yet? If not, why not? :)

There is some truth to what he says and you know it. You can believe that they are switching to F2P only because of market shift all you want. They would not be switching if they still had a million subs. You can chalk up the loss of subs to market trends all you want to. Fact is this.... MMOs dont keep subscribers because they cant keep subscribers interested long enough. The game that slows the pace down and keeps fresh content comming will be the next game to maintain people. As long as that game is fun that is.

Thats just your play-style with your interest.

Its normal for certain people to lose interest in a certain thing, but with a new addition find it interesting again.

For example watching a movie that is a triology. You can watch the same movie over and over again, and share the ideas in the movie with friends, and after a while you might look for a new fad or new interest... a new movie for a different genre might be the new thing, but then the second movie for that triology is released and your excitement is rekindled.

You will probably enjoy the updates/expansion as much as you enjoyed the first few days.

Edited by VegaPhone

Lol, an MMO gamer telling another MMO gamer to get a life and not devote himself to a video game, while he himself defends a game that anyone with half a brain can see is dying. Pathetic.

Good job ignoring the giant drop in population causing servers to merge.

Good job ignoring the giant drop in population AFTER the servers have merged.

Good job ignoring the fact that many people are NOT happy with the free to play version that is coming out in it's current state and then leave.

Instead, what do you do? Assume that people have rushed through the content, because you're blind to the fact that this game is so far sub par and people are speaking truthfully about it.

As for the new companion and planet... Are you kidding me? We've been waiting for this stuff forever. Oh, and what's the release date on Makeb? Gee, sure can't wait for all the seperate class stories that are coming out with it. Oh wait, they're not. It's one storyline that all the classes follow.

Open your eyes. F2p was their hail mary pass to try and keep this game afloat. Too many holes in the boat, however.

My eyes are wide open. Infact, last night, four out of five or so servers were in Heavy population. One of them was standard, that seems pretty good to me. Or are you blind to those words that say HEAVY, STANDARD, LIGHT?

And yes, I'm telling him to get a life. I myself have one other than this game, and it's quite amazing. I've went back to school after being out in the real world for fourteen years, I'm a member of a few clubs in the community, ect, ect. I do not spend all my time playing this game, it's a great game, but I don't live on it.

What's pathetic is people can't see a stable community, and hafta keep trying to push down a game, simply because there's no instant gratification for them in it. Population drop causing servers to merge? Yup. I acknowledged it, chalk it up to people wanting the instant gratification thing.

Population drop after servers merged? Really? Again...last night four out of the five or so servers were in HEAVY population, the other two were standard, and that fluxed between standard and heavy while I played. So tell me more about the population drop, ontop of the fact I've brought a few people into the game who happen to really enjoy it, so yeah, tell me how people coming in, is dropping the population.

People won't be happy regardless of what happens. That's just plain fact, end of story, buh-bye. They do this for Group B, Group C wants that, they do that, group B wants this...it goes on and on and on.

And yes. NEW CONTENT. A new companion, and a new planet. Oh, wait, what's that? It doesn't further the individual storylines you say? Well, you are part of group B, and I'm a part of group C.

Bottom line: No one is forcing you to stay in the GFFA, rage quit if you like, or, hang around and see what happens next.

Edited by DarthDrachonus

Yeah but a working person would take a year to get to lvl 50. In this game you can be 50 CASUALLY in 3 months if playing only 1 toon.