Entry-level raid gear for credits in Update 1.2?

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/upcoming_1.2_update_in_swtor_and_beyond.shtml

From the above article, it looks like there will be new PVP gear, roughly equivalent to current Champion (rating 136) gear, available for credits. This will allow fresh 50s to get into PVP without getting completely facerolled.

My question is, anyone know if there will be reasonable entry-level PVE raid gear available for credits as well? I mainly PVP but it looks like they are planning for the new PVP gear to not be viable for Hard/Nightmare ops and raids. It would be nice to be able to buy something that will allow me to be somewhat effective in Hardmode ops (rolling with the guildies).

If not, then I guess casual-level "Story Mode" it is =/

Dailies in Belsavus and Ilum is your entry level gear. Plus you can do BT, BP, FE and maybe even Foundry as a fresh 50. There's only a problem when a level 50 wants to jump into HMs with level 40 greens. Edited by hulkweazel

I meant more for upcoming material, like Lost World (new FP) and Explosive Conflict (new Ops). I've done dailies and have a full set of Orange with 51/50 armorings and mods, so existing stuff isn't too much of a problem.

Guess you're gonna have to actually do a flashpoint or maybe even a story mode raid to move on to hard mode...

But if that in itself concerns you, maybe hard modes are beyond what you should be doing.

I meant more for upcoming material, like Lost World (new FP) and Explosive Conflict (new Ops). I've done dailies and have a full set of Orange with 51/50 armorings and mods, so existing stuff isn't too much of a problem.

If it's anything like progression in other MMO's(like it should be if they do it right) you're gear from the Tier 1 Operations(EV and KP) will be your entry gear for the Tier 2 Operation(Explosive Conflict). I really hope they don't just let people buy gear to bypass an entire tier of raid content, not that it is difficult to get but it is just a bad path to go down if they simply give away the past tier set every time they add a new tier of raiding. It is called progression for a reason afterall, you complete the previous tier for gear to progress to the next tier.

If it's anything like progression in other MMO's(like it should be if they do it right) you're gear from the Tier 1 Operations(EV and KP) will be your entry gear for the Tier 2 Operation(Explosive Conflict). I really hope they don't just let people buy gear to bypass an entire tier of raid content, not that it is difficult to get but it is just a bad path to go down if they simply give away the past tier set every time they add a new tier of raiding. It is called progression for a reason afterall, you complete the previous tier for gear to progress to the next tier.

Except that if they take too rigid of a stance in giving people options to acquire effective gear that will allow them to run the latest Operation they run the risk of alienating many players from ever seeing the content while it's current. I remember how it was in the early days of WoW. Once raid content got to a certain level you had little to no chance of ever seeing later raids because guilds wouldn't take you unless you already had gear from previous raids or you had to find a guild that was already way behind the rest. I certainly don't want to see gear given away but if we're at Tier 3 and we're telling new players or late comers, "Sorry but you have to spend months running Tier 1 and then Tier 2 before you can begin Tier 3" then you can expect a lot of people to give up because by the time they reach that Tier we're either moving on to the next Tier or a new expansion is out and now none of that content they spent months trying to catch up to means anything. At least allow people to get into Story Mode Operations without having to spend so much time in previous Ops. Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode... yeah I'd say make those the ones where progression is serious.

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/upcoming_1.2_update_in_swtor_and_beyond.shtml

From the above article, it looks like there will be new PVP gear, roughly equivalent to current Champion (rating 136) gear, available for credits. This will allow fresh 50s to get into PVP without getting completely facerolled.

My question is, anyone know if there will be reasonable entry-level PVE raid gear available for credits as well? I mainly PVP but it looks like they are planning for the new PVP gear to not be viable for Hard/Nightmare ops and raids. It would be nice to be able to buy something that will allow me to be somewhat effective in Hardmode ops (rolling with the guildies).

If not, then I guess casual-level "Story Mode" it is =/

what i saw in the trailer for 1.2 was "learnable tier 2 item crafting"

I have no idea what that means, I was thinking tier 2 would be columi, (which would be in-line with credit purchasable champ type gear) but if THEY are calling the new Operation "Tier 2" it may just mean schematics will drop like they did in ev/kp. /shrug

BUT someone also said that they were getting away from BOP craftables, so it could be that the purple armoring schems that drop will be BOE, and it's possible that the change will be retroactive.

guess what I'm saying is that WHO KNOWS! but... it looks like options will be available.

don't think I'm going to worry about it.

what i saw in the trailer for 1.2 was "learnable tier 2 item crafting"

I have no idea what that means, I was thinking tier 2 would be columi, (which would be in-line with credit purchasable champ type gear) but if THEY are calling the new Operation "Tier 2" it may just mean schematics will drop like they did in ev/kp. /shrug

BUT someone also said that they were getting away from BOP craftables, so it could be that the purple armoring schems that drop will be BOE, and it's possible that the change will be retroactive.

guess what I'm saying is that WHO KNOWS! but... it looks like options will be available.

don't think I'm going to worry about it.

I usually stick with PvP, but I saw that T2 crafting too so Im hoping I can get a shot at crit-crafting some cool PvP and PvE gear. But then again, who knows?

EDIT: Yea by T2 they mean the new set coming out. Right now, we have T0 (entry) T1 and T1.5 Or as some people call it T1 and then 1.1 and 1.2.

Edited by insanetty

Except that if they take too rigid of a stance in giving people options to acquire effective gear that will allow them to run the latest Operation they run the risk of alienating many players from ever seeing the content while it's current. I remember how it was in the early days of WoW. Once raid content got to a certain level you had little to no chance of ever seeing later raids because guilds wouldn't take you unless you already had gear from previous raids or you had to find a guild that was already way behind the rest. I certainly don't want to see gear given away but if we're at Tier 3 and we're telling new players or late comers, "Sorry but you have to spend months running Tier 1 and then Tier 2 before you can begin Tier 3" then you can expect a lot of people to give up because by the time they reach that Tier we're either moving on to the next Tier or a new expansion is out and now none of that content they spent months trying to catch up to means anything. At least allow people to get into Story Mode Operations without having to spend so much time in previous Ops. Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode... yeah I'd say make those the ones where progression is serious.

Yeah I see your point, but on the other hand it also obsoletes old content if you can simply bypass the gear from it making it worthless content. SWTOR is good in the fact that it doesn't take months to acquire gear, it is pretty damn fast(I have a guildie who just made an alt and he was already in 3 pieces of Rakata and 2 Columi in just 5 days).

Honestly we'll just have to see how they do the new gear. I agree that Story Mode Operations should not require much gear as this would solve the issue but then at the same time that wouldn't allow them to have gear much better than the previous Tier's Story Mode. It should just drop something that is better than the previous Tier's Storymode while still being worse than the previous Tier's Hard/Nightmare modes.

Guess you're gonna have to actually do a flashpoint or maybe even a story mode raid to move on to hard mode...

But if that in itself concerns you, maybe hard modes are beyond what you should be doing.

^^Exactly...Just like people have to put time in WZ's to get pvp gear....oh wait nvm;)

Well I kinda imagine thats what the story mode raid will be for. The gear you get out of that will help you in Hard Mode and so on. And considering how pretty easy the normal/story mode raids are atm, even if you were to go in with orange gear, as long as you do the encounter correctly and play your class as optimally as you can, I wouldn't see it being a problem. (A full raid likewise geared prolly should go back and hit EV/KP as well as some FP's to fill some holes)

The self entitlement of these people is disgusting.

Play the damn game and gear up like your supposed to. You know through flashpoints, crafting and ops.

This game is already easy enough.

Totally agree, except now people don't have to play the game and gear up for pvp, so why should pve be any different?

Totally agree, except now people don't have to play the game and gear up for pvp, so why should pve be any different?

If you don't want to play the game and just want to get epiced out at the start.. seriously why even bother playing?

I don't understand the logic of people wanting to be decked out with no effort. It's not like you need to be decked out to do normal mode ops which are already face roll.

If you don't want to play the game and just want to get epiced out at the start.. seriously why even bother playing?

I don't understand the logic of people wanting to be decked out with no effort. It's not like you need to be decked out to do normal mode ops which are already face roll.

I 100% agree with you...however BW is all but giving away top end pvp gear in 1.2, so in all fairness they should all but give away top end pve gear as well. What makes somebody else's $15 subscription more important than mine?