Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why aren't Weapons a Part of Outfit Designer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why aren't Weapons a Part of Outfit Designer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pandoras_Jar
05.10.2017 , 05:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know
Oh my god! I have wanted this for so long!!! No more Legacy only weapons for me! Can't wait to hear more!
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
Website: mmobits.com - PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing - 5.6 PvP Gearing Guide -
5.6 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | Darth Malgus ~

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
05.10.2017 , 05:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
Add also option to some robes (add more in future like Tunings to weapon) to hood up and hood down and I can rest in peace.
I guess a hood setting would be useful but not really essential when you can easily enough put hoods down on hooded outfits with the use of certain circlets which end up barely visible if you have hair but will lower the hood. Some circlets don't do it though so preview before buying till you hit the right one.

Schoock
05.10.2017 , 06:00 PM | #23
Add also option to some robes (add more in future like Tunings to weapon) to hood up and hood down and I can rest in peace.
That won't fit into this year, sorry. Hey, we need something for 2018 too!
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Elemutation
05.10.2017 , 06:11 PM | #24
While I would love this too, I can see how it would take considerably more effort, because a bunch of new models would need to be built for this to be implemented. But hey, we're taking steps in the right direction!

AmadanNaBrona
05.10.2017 , 06:18 PM | #25
Yes, yes, yes!!!!

I would buy SO many good looking CM weapons just to have the look, and still be able to pass around my legacy weapons with the goodies in them.

Yes, yes. YES!!!!

Amodin
05.10.2017 , 06:41 PM | #26
You should add Outfit designer to companions.

Kirtastropohe
05.10.2017 , 06:41 PM | #27
We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know
Awesome news. I've been interested in this for a long time.

MadDutchman
05.10.2017 , 07:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Elemutation View Post
While I would love this too, I can see how it would take considerably more effort, because a bunch of new models would need to be built for this to be implemented. But hey, we're taking steps in the right direction!
Actually it wouldn't, the armour pieces are stored as modular components in the game files, it would literally be as simple as just not including the hood for that particular armour piece.

This is true of most of the "extras" on a chestpiece, such as crotch/butt flaps, shoulder pads/spikes, hoods, armbands etc.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Deewe
05.10.2017 , 07:37 PM | #29
Good news, thx for the update and the effort.

Now let's speak how to both have a decent credit sink and eventually a money grab from happy players.
  • Each outfit can have a dedicated weapon slot
  • Weapon slots can be unlocked by either credits or CC depending you are subbed or not
  • The same weapon can be used in different weapon slots with different crystals or weapon customization
  • A new slot is added to weapons to customize its sound
  • Sound mods are added to the game

Then regarding armors you can also add armor mods slots that will add either effects (ex Tactical infantry), droids (ex: Battleworn Engineer) or whatever else that looks cool!

Finally you can hide any gear slots without having to buy the insanely expensive covert armor off the GTN
(BTW before anyone saying, I'm the lucky owner of the full set unlocked on my legacy).

P.S.: I know it's not realistic still personally I'd like to be able to tie specific mounts and pets to each outfit designer slot. As for some of us depending on our character current location we switch and match everything from weapons to pets and mounts, both type and colors.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Shipwright
05.10.2017 , 10:41 PM | #30
Now this is cool!

One thing I'd love, if possible...is to have the appearance of one weapon, with the sound of another. There are some weapons with an appearance I like, but sounds I dislike.

If Outfit Designer could change the appearance of a weapon, and use the sound of the actually equipped weapon, that would be awesome.