Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

MM Flashpoints, selling mats, questions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
MM Flashpoints, selling mats, questions.

tacoknite's Avatar


tacoknite
01.14.2020 , 10:08 AM | #1
I have been farming flashpoints when i am on, running veteran hammer. Saturday i hit 75, got my 268 set. I am only at 277 now , so i am going to guess it'll take me around 2 months to get 306 with the time i have to play.

Someone recommended master mode flashpoints. How much different are these? Are they worth running over veteran flashpoints? Are story mode ones, better for a sub?

Second, i have accumulated thousands of crafting mats. Is there an up to date list of what sells? Anything specific i should be on the look out for that sells well?

last, jawa scraps, and junk. I was told to get companion gifts with it? Is that the only value? Is there no way to convert that stuff to credits?

I am on SS

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
01.14.2020 , 11:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
Someone recommended master mode flashpoints. How much different are these? Are they worth running over veteran flashpoints? Are story mode ones, better for a sub?
Overall, the many of the older MM flashpoints are about the same "difficultly" as VM flashpoints. That is, the strength of most mobs is basically the same as the Vet mode. The bosses seem to be a bit harder to kill. Of course, there's no koltos so you have to rely on the healer and your own defensive skills and self-heals.
Also, some boss mechanics that were left out of VM are still in MM. For, example, the last boss in Cadimemu uses the "shackles" that are not in vet mode. (You should read or watch play throughs of the FPs to get details.)

Quote:
Second, i have accumulated thousands of crafting mats. Is there an up to date list of what sells? Anything specific i should be on the look out for that sells well?
The easiest thing is to just look them up on the GTN to see what prices they are selling for at the moment.
A hint for the GTN: Open the GTN and open your mat storage or have the mats in your inventory. Then just hold SHIFT and click on the mat's icon and it's name will auto-fill in the GTN search bar. Much easier than typing them out.
I would suggest though, that there seems to be some mats that are harder to get than others. For example, on a character trying to craft augments, I always seem to have lots of one type of (scavenging) mat from gathering, while I only have a few of another - I've yet to determine if that second mat comes from scavenging dead droids or just by sending comps on gathering missions.

Quote:
last, jawa scraps, and junk. I was told to get companion gifts with it? Is that the only value? Is there no way to convert that stuff to credits?
I wish I knew. People keep saying various things about turning in Jawa junk for various items other than mats, but I can't find the vendors.
Edit - I forgot about the Reputation vendors on Ossus.

Quote:
I am on SS
I think Nazi references may be against forum rules. (jk)
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

tacoknite's Avatar


tacoknite
01.14.2020 , 11:45 AM | #3
not on topic, but wanted to thank you for all your responses the past month. Most of my questions have been answered by you and a couple others and i do appreciate you always taking the time to help.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
01.14.2020 , 12:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
last, jawa scraps, and junk. I was told to get companion gifts with it? Is that the only value? Is there no way to convert that stuff to credits?

I am on SS
You can convert jawa junk to companion gifts or crafting materials. Then, if you want, you can sell those on the GTN for credits.

The jawa junk vendors are located in the Cartel Bazaar section of the fleet (north entrance on republic fleet and south entrance on imperial fleet). When you walk in, look to your left and you will see three jawas. One sells green quality mats, one blue and one purple.

They each have companion gifts for Droids and for Animals. Droid ones are part of the Maintenance category, and animal ones are in the Delicacies category. The purple ones used to sell alright on the GTN, but it's been a while since I've checked.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
01.14.2020 , 12:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
not on topic, but wanted to thank you for all your responses the past month. Most of my questions have been answered by you and a couple others and i do appreciate you always taking the time to help.
That's what we're here for! Guilds are really great for this kind of stuff too. I can't even say how many little tips I learned when I joined from guilds and nice people on the forums (there are actually a lot of nice people hanging around here).
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

tacoknite's Avatar


tacoknite
01.14.2020 , 01:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
You can convert jawa junk to companion gifts or crafting materials. Then, if you want, you can sell those on the GTN for credits.

The jawa junk vendors are located in the Cartel Bazaar section of the fleet (north entrance on republic fleet and south entrance on imperial fleet). When you walk in, look to your left and you will see three jawas. One sells green quality mats, one blue and one purple.

They each have companion gifts for Droids and for Animals. Droid ones are part of the Maintenance category, and animal ones are in the Delicacies category. The purple ones used to sell alright on the GTN, but it's been a while since I've checked.
i've been teetering on buying the reassemble of the droid i lost in battle , i could use the scrap to get him up to speed? Makes me even more tempted to shell out the dollars for him.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
01.14.2020 , 06:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
i've been teetering on buying the reassemble of the droid i lost in battle , i could use the scrap to get him up to speed? Makes me even more tempted to shell out the dollars for him.
It looks like the maintenance ones aren't the best for HK-55. He loves military gear (he likes maintenance, but it doesn't give you as many points as military gear.)

Maintenance is designed more for the droids you buy on the cartel market, like K1-Z3N and Q0-77.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Bjond-Sain's Avatar


Bjond-Sain
01.18.2020 , 05:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
Someone recommended master mode flashpoints. How much different are these? Are they worth running over veteran flashpoints?
The easier MM/FPs can be done sub-L75 (ones like Hammer Station and Red Reaper). The harder ones require not only L75, but full i306 in order to pass DPS checks. It's insanely annoying to queue random MM and get a sub75 for this reason. It's so bad, that I've started declining any group I see with sub-75, placing them on /ignore to block all future groups with them, and then requeueing.

I have no idea if others are doing this, too, or not, but after multiple 2~3H sessions on a single FP with sub-306 DPS my tolerance for even giving them a try has worn thin.

Quote: Originally Posted by tacoknite View Post
jawa scraps, and junk. I was told to get companion gifts with it? Is that the only value? Is there no way to convert that stuff to credits?
Post-KotFE everyone can access 4x companions that LOVE scrap-bought gifts: 2x Ship Droids, Scorpio, and Koth. Some classes have more (like Tano Vik). Even if you don't craft, the raw materials can be sold from companion missions and 4x L50 companions can really crank out a lot of mats. Also, a L50 companion is outright better than any sub-306 real player.

There are many other companions that do quite well (favorite aka love-1), too: m4x, mk51, etc etc etc.

If you really want credits over a L50 companion, you can convert scraps to crafting mats at the jawa junk vendors in the fleet basement.