Shadow/Assassin, too much force, not enough saber.

TalonVII

As the title says, the biggest issue I've had with both my Shadow and Assassin is the fact they rely too much on the consular powers that they gain(along with other abilities down each side) and not enough saber moves. I mean they have this wonderful double saber and spend most of their time using telekinesis or force lightning as their main damage dealing.

Really need to rethink these two classes and incorporate a few more melee style attacks in that utilize that dual saber.

This thread makes me rage. It's because of morons like you that they deemed fit to remove Force Lightning/Phase Walk.

Classes need to be all or non! You can't have any class that mixes BOTH melee and force, that would be detrimental! Either be a retard who carries a saber for nothing (Sorc) or barely cast any force moves!

I rolled Sin (Hatred especially) because I enjoy the melee+force concept of the class. If that didn't exist, I wouldn't play them nor the game.

**** your saber moves, add them if you want...but not at the cost of removing force abilities.

GIVE ME BACK FORCE LIGHTNING IN 5.0

I completely understand what the OT means by to much force, not enough saber.

But to be honest its because the Sha/Sin is a melee kite class. My issue comes from saber overcharge, were you have to use melee moves to get a proc to get extra heals... which imho should be adjusted in the tank stance. Decp has plenty of saber moves to rotate through, and hatred is meant to be force heavy.

Saber Staff on a marauder or jug would be nice, but the class is force heavy for the reason of diversity. As someone else says if you want more melee moves role a SW

I completely understand what the OT means by to much force, not enough saber.

But to be honest its because the Sha/Sin is a melee kite class. My issue comes from saber overcharge, were you have to use melee moves to get a proc to get extra heals... which imho should be adjusted in the tank stance. Decp has plenty of saber moves to rotate through, and hatred is meant to be force heavy.

Saber Staff on a marauder or jug would be nice, but the class is force heavy for the reason of diversity. As someone else says if you want more melee moves role a SW

I have 16 toons, one of each class. So I already have 2 SW thanks.

This thread makes me rage. It's because of morons like you that they deemed fit to remove Force Lightning/Phase Walk.

Classes need to be all or non! You can't have any class that mixes BOTH melee and force, that would be detrimental! Either be a retard who carries a saber for nothing (Sorc) or barely cast any force moves!

I rolled Sin (Hatred especially) because I enjoy the melee+force concept of the class. If that didn't exist, I wouldn't play them nor the game.

**** your saber moves, add them if you want...but not at the cost of removing force abilities.

GIVE ME BACK FORCE LIGHTNING IN 5.0

And where did I say remove lightning? Nice of you to vent your spleen.

Who cares what the abilities look like? You shouldn't be using half of them in your rotation anyways, the only people who do are casuals who end up getting kicked from groups because they don't know their class.

I'm pissed about the removal of phase walk, that's like half of Infiltration's mobility.

~ Eudoxia

Asking the real questions:

Why would you even use FL as an assassin?

Enemy pops white damage DCD - You lightning him/yellow damage

Enemy runs away and is almost dead - Pop recklessness, lightning

You want to use lightning for fun - Use lightning

I'm happy for you that you don't use UNLIMITED POWER but some people actually do like it even if its for fun. No reason to remove it at all.

Deception/infiltration to the rescue!

4 rotational saber attacks, 1 semi-rotational saber AOE

2 rotational force attacks

Just how much less do you need? The only spec with less rotational force moves i can remember from the top of my head is carnage/combat, sitting on 1.

Edited by Frenesi

I think it's funny that the OP complains that Sin/Shad use too much Force abilities and here I am thinking that Knights/Warriors are starting to have too many force abilities.

Knights/Warriors have just as many ranged abilities and /Shad/Sin. It's starting to get ridiculous.

I think it's funny that the OP complains that Sin/Shad use too much Force abilities and here I am thinking that Knights/Warriors are starting to have too many force abilities.

Knights/Warriors have just as many ranged abilities and /Shad/Sin. It's starting to get ridiculous.

Force Charge - Melee type

Saber Throw - Melee type

Then you have

Push/Choke/Scream as actual force abilities (staple)

Raging Burst/Force Crush - 1 talent tree

Define "too many"

*edit*

This conversation will go no where, sin needs to be more force oriented then SW because that's the class it is... its not to force oriented IMHO. In fact the main healing buff that a TANK sin gets is all melee oriented which is completely against the rotation you have to stick with for DR% which is lame TBH.

Edited by TBDNicodemus

guys the point to all of this, is the fact I have this dual bladed lightsaber and I spend most of my time in the fight due to the move chain not using the damn thing!

Good god, many of you are blowing this way out of context.

Far as the JK/SW, most of their abilities are focused from the saber itself. So saber throwing, and the like, makes sense.

I mean I almost have the same issue with the BH. The powertech, I spend most of my time using my rockets, flame throwers and the like, almost never use my main weapon, which is supposed to be a blaster pistol.

Asking the real questions:

Why would you even use FL as an assassin?

CannotDeny mentioned a few good points but what I like about it most is for objective pvp when guarding a node.

When your CC'd target reaches full resolve bar and starts to cap node - u can pop recklessness

and force lightning from long distance (with now a 30 meters range and x2 use thanks to recklessness) and interrupt enemy twice while being able to kite & LoS.

Edited by Gray

I mean I almost have the same issue with the BH. The powertech, I spend most of my time using my rockets, flame throwers and the like, almost never use my main weapon, which is supposed to be a blaster pistol.

PTs and Sorcerers have it way worse than Assassins in this regard, really. For Hatred Assassins, it's pretty much an even split, though: you have Thrash, Assassinate, Leeching Strike, and Lacerate using the saber, and Death Field, Discharge, Creeping Terror, and Demolish as Force attacks. Deception is similar, and Darkness is probably the one where you need to use Force attacks most often, but even those have to mix in a few attacks with the saber if you don't want holes in your chain. Compared to only using your weapon for your "free" attack, I think the way Assassins/Shadows are set up provides just enough balance to feel more like a "magic knight" than any other AC in the game.

I think the way Assassins/Shadows are set up provides just enough balance to feel more like a "magic knight" than any other AC in the game.

That's how I always envisioned them, being like "fighter/magic users" in DnD terms. A blend of both applications. No other class has quite that sort of blend and thereby giving them their own unique niche' .

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of like how they set it up now, for the most part.

Darkness is a pretty even split between melee and force attacks.

Deception leans more heavily on melee attacks (It should have another melee attack, either rotational or semi-rotational. Why does Deception need two freaking animation replacers instead of two new moves? TF?)

Hatred leans towards caster with some saber moves (I tend to think "Darth Zannah" when using Hatred. Nimian form, and heavy on force attacks, I love it... I just kind of want Force Lightning to be semi-rotational)

I think the solution here is to remove ball lightning and replace it with a melee attack of some kind, and let Deception sins keep shock

Darkness gets 3 new moves, 1 anim replacer

Deception gets 1 new move, 2 anim replacers, 1 stance.

Hatred gets 3 new moves, 1 anim replacer

Biower pls