5.0 Deception / Infiltration concerns

Gray

Hi

Anyone else whos bothered about the fact that we now can keep spamming all of our high burst abilties without having to worry at all about resource management? Heck you don't even need Saber Strike on the Quick Bar anymore.

I Also think this 100% stealth idea is absurd especially when it comes to the stealther vs stealther aspect of the game in objective based pvp when you have to out play the stealther whos guarding the node. Now you have to stand in the same spot to actually have a chance of having a glimpse at eachother.

I'm gonna miss popin blackout in the right moment to avoid getting spotted or in that moment before you phantom stride across the middle gap in the 2nd room on voidstar as attacker. Also the force regen capability of it while in combat - the class has become way too forgiving right now.

I guess BioWare is trying to make the game easier for a younger audience but all in all the kids don't have the credit cards to pay the bill, I don't think I speak for myself when I claim that gamers whos 18+ appreciates a _little_ bit of challange to stimulate our brains for crying out load :confused:

I'm gonna miss the chance of making a misstake that costs me my life in PvP.

Besides this I think 5.0 is really nice, love the new abilties along with the fixed performance in warzones.

Edited by Gray

I play this game since beta and it's about time for Deception/Infil to have it's place in the top5 specs, this spec was always in the worst 3 ever.

About the increased stealth level I too find it not necessary.

Deception was fine pre 5.0 at least for pvp, this is too much it's as hard as corruption sorcerer atm when it comes to force management :sarcasm: :rolleyes:

I hate to see my favorite class reaching this point of retardation, it used to require a bit of finesse to play when you couldn't spam Maul all day without a penalty for it.

Been here since beta, played this class since MadCeption was a spec. This is just so dumb I really hope it gets tweaked in a near future.

This class shouldn't be that noob friendly, thats what skank juggernauts are for.

Edited by Gray

Deception also has nice gunslinger-defensives. Besides the 30% AoE-Dmg-Reduction, you can choose in the skillful tier, deception has the same ability as a passive skill in the skill-tree.

So, I am looking forwards to tank brontes nim in deception. Even with dps-gear, the reduction of aoe-attacks is 10-15% better as in tank-gear.

deception also has nice gunslinger-defensives. Besides the 30% aoe-dmg-reduction, you can choose in the skillful tier, deception has the same ability as a passive skill in the skill-tree.

So, i am looking forwards to tank brontes nim in deception. Even with dps-gear, the reduction of aoe-attacks is 10-15% better as in tank-gear.

edit: LOL

Edited by Gray

Deception also has nice gunslinger-defensives. Besides the 30% AoE-Dmg-Reduction, you can choose in the skillful tier, deception has the same ability as a passive skill in the skill-tree.

So, I am looking forwards to tank brontes nim in deception. Even with dps-gear, the reduction of aoe-attacks is 10-15% better as in tank-gear.

Tanks also have access to that utility, as well as bugged armour multiplicator. Deception will be on par with jugg && pt tanks.

Sins will take half the damage from aoe attacks compared to them. Let that sink in.

Strong dps defensives == no need for tanks == 6 sins groups == simplification and retardation, duh :D

haha actually now when I read his post again I completely get it lol didn't sleep well this night ty for clarification #braindamage :D

Let me put it this way - I don't even keep an eye on my resources now, I just assume I will have everything at my disposal at all times. When I play my Scoundrel for ***** and giggles, energy management is actually a thing. I can't say the same for my Shadow main. As others said, the finesse is somewhat out of the window right now.

However, I wouldn't call us a faceroll, simply because of the disappointing output of numbers I'm seeing. We've never been "up there" like other classes but the difference in numbers that I'm seeing just makes me disheartened at times.

I'll never drop this as my main, but still :(

Wait your asking for a nerf in pve content on your own class. It not like it was hard before unless you consider hitting black out some sort of genius move. There is no class on this game that is complicated

tip try quote the statement you're refering to. Because when you don't I'd think you are refering to the OP of the thread.

Having mained infiltration since 3.1.2, here are my thoughts:

1. The spec does have issues with managing its procced abilities now. It's building stacks and triggering force breach every 6-9 seconds when deception triggers it every 12-15, so they're off balance. The problem is now you have so many procc'd abilities you have to time clairvoyant strike to keep up stacks of clairvoyance, when before that was a non-issue.

2. In fact, in its current state I'd almost argue if it's still a priority or if there's an actual rotation to maximize DPS. I know the class really well but I don't know enough to figure out the actual optimal rotation, let alone do the calculus for it (I'm a chemistry major who's terrible at math).

3. Force management is a non-issue now, which is pretty nice. The removal of saber strike from the priority is a good buff to DPS. I do think they could probably tweak this some, however.

4. PvP is horribly broken since heals are vastly outparsed by all the DPS specs. Blackout being tied into stealth now is a nice boon, I hate it when things see through my stealth damnit.

5. The spec is currently one of the best in the game, which is great, but which also means we will be nerfed hard in the first round of class nerfs. They always nerf the heck out of infiltration and then nerf serenity for fun (which is currently about #12 in DPS).

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

2. In fact, in its current state I'd almost argue if it's still a priority or if there's an actual rotation to maximize DPS. I know the class really well but I don't know enough to figure out the actual optimal rotation, let alone do the calculus for it (I'm a chemistry major who's terrible at math).

I'm not an expert in math neither, but it seems to me as it is still a priority. Play like you did before 5.0 and just add a Vaulting Slash when it's off-CD and throw in a Clairevoyante Strike when you're about to lose Clairevoyance. I mean, it's exactly like in pre-5.0, if you were about to lose Clairevoyance, Clairevoyant Strike became priority #1.

But I agree with you that we'll be nerfed to the ground when 5.1 comes. Just because BW can't figure out that 100% uptime of Shadow's Respite even nerfed by half will still be OP af.