Problem with login server?

fenderbean

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. on the TOR twitter they say "Could you please try resetting your password in 'My SWTOR' on the site? This sometimes resolves this issue. Thanks! ^JJ"

I have yet to do it so I do not know if this well fix it.

Once again, they have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it and they are guessing at fixes. I put in the wrong password for gits and shiggles and still got the same error. It is not even connecting to the servers to verify the informaion. No need to reset your password.

Got in, the program updated after 10 tries and multiple authentication codes. I hope the battery doesn't die.

No need to use a different code each time. You can copy and paste it and try again if you get the error that login is disabled. Although you sill have to type out your password each time.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Once again, they have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it and they are guessing at fixes. I put in the wrong password for gits and shiggles and still got the same error. It is not even connecting to the servers to verify the informaion. No need to reset your password.

Frustrating how there is a reply on Twitter about the issue - thanks for sharing it here Helin... They should know by now not everyone uses Twitter, cares to use Twitter, or heck like me, even owns a Cell Phone to receive Tweets... Perfectly nice boards here... :-/

Seems someone tied the RNG to the Login Server....

/snickers

Just joking.... aww... come on.. it's funny twist on a serious issue.. lighten up.. heh.. :)

No no .. I think you are on to something here. :D

I wish the people who threaten to rage quit, go play something else, unsub, etc. would just go do it. If you can't handle a technical glitch from time to time in something you do for enjoyment, I'd hate to see how you handle real disappointment in your life.

I'm also affected by this. I was let in once, got a small patch, then when I accidentally exited out it wont let me back in.

It says the Login Servers are unavailable. :(

Hope that everything is fixed up soon, and it's good to know you guys are looking into it.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by JediElf

it want even let me get to the point of password entry it says login is unavailable.

Big ole red:

"The Login service is currently unavailable. Please visit the forums for the latest updates on the status of this service."

where is the game....need to play....

I wish the people who threaten to rage quit, go play something else, unsub, etc. would just go do it. If you can't handle a technical glitch from time to time in something you do for enjoyment, I'd hate to see how you handle real disappointment in your life.

Yes a technical glitch from time to time is EXACTLY why people threaten and do quit.

It would nice if, as was stated yesterday, they would bother posting something in their forums ( instead of social media) that was obvious when they had a technical glitch or maybe even on the launcher. Theres an idea that has never been used in MMO's. We'll add it to the list of things BW has never heard of. I know keeping customers informed is a low priority given the huge influx of players and the constantly full servers.

BTW tried about 20 times to get in with no luck after I had to go searching to see if anyone was having similar problems. I guess it is my fault for having finallly abandoned all of the time I put into my toons and jumped onto a populated server just so I could enjoy the company of more than 4 players per planet.

I just checked and it seems Rift isn't having this problem. Someone who has Twitter let me know when they announce something while I go enjoy another game.

PS. The launcher is now completely grayed out so it seems they are making progress.

/sarcasm off

at first i had the fields that were greyed out.

after a few tries it let me type in them but when i hit login it told me the login service was unavailable.

i tried a few more times and finally got a "play" button.

i'm currently in the game so hopefully it's just a small glitch they'll get fixed quickly.

I reset my password, and it still won't let me log in. Christ, are they trying to get us to quit playing at this point? I guess I'm playing something else, which once again makes me seriously consider why I'm paying $15 a month for this game.

Yeah cause Bioware just decided to break the patcher out of the blue to get people to quit the game. Get some common sense, something happened that broke the launcher for a portion of the population and its not always immediately clear why this issue is occuring. It takes time to go through all the code and find the exact issue and then it takes more time to fix the issue. If that makes you quit then good bye, dont let the door hit you on your unpatient rear on the way out.

And just for the record I had the same issue when I tried to log on earlier. I went through all their suggested fixes and eventually after entering my login info 9 times in a row I got into the game.

I'm also having these problems. The game keeps telling me the patcher service is unavailable and the account status on SWTOR.com keeps telling me that my account is locked because of security questions being answered incorrectly (but I haven't touched the game in a week because I was out of town for Memorial Day), but since these two explanations don't line up, I think something is wrong with the login server. Edited by Vid-szhite