Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which strongholds make the best fortresses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Which strongholds make the best fortresses

starbuckone
09.30.2020 , 09:46 PM | #11
Rishi is the best. Multiple area's including a Cruiser that already has Cannons built in. It also works great as a guild stronghold because it has PvP training area's and a Huttball area on the skydeck of the cruiser. It is costly for all it's expansions but well worth it.
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

Sivartius
10.19.2020 , 08:40 AM | #12
A point for Yavin IV. When I first saw the big hooks on top of the pyramids I immediately knew I wanted to get some of those giant cannons & place them their to deter orbital bombardment/hostile landings. And the whole thin is on a sheer sided plateau, so overland invasions are not an option.

turbomagnus
10.19.2020 , 03:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivartius View Post
A point for Yavin IV. When I first saw the big hooks on top of the pyramids I immediately knew I wanted to get some of those giant cannons & place them their to deter orbital bombardment/hostile landings. And the whole thin is on a sheer sided plateau, so overland invasions are not an option.
Not to mention that it's already got that watchtower in the back lot - though it's limited to just a few small hooks up there, so there's not much that can be done with it really...

Mournblood
12.01.2020 , 03:18 AM | #14
I have two: Yavin, which I made into a joint Mandalorian/Imperial FOB (forward operating base), and Alderaan which I made into an Imperial (Sith) citadel. They are both heavily military themed, with all the trimmings (and some decos you probably haven't seen before). My Yavin SH has a full garrison (about a company in size/strength).

If you are looking for ideas and have a toon on Satele Shan, I have plenty of thematic examples to choose from (humility aside, I have some of the best decorated SHs on my server). You can check out both if I'm online. Yavin is under Ferrex, and Alderaan is under Mourne. If I'm not online, send me an in-game mail to Mourne and I'll send you keys for both so that you can visit them even when I'm not online.

Rishi is also a good option, though it's a monumental undertaking given the sheer size (and extremely expensive to decorate well). My former guild (Grim Determination) owns that SH which I decorated for them. The hover ship in particular leans toward a military theme, which makes it easy to decorate accordingly to keep it thematic.

Hope that helps.
Mourne, Founder