Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Implement anti-selfdestructor mechanisms please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Implement anti-selfdestructor mechanisms please.

phalczen
02.08.2020 , 09:29 PM | #11
No I agree with Verain on this one. Iím not confident any sort of automated system would solve the problem. They canít even figure out how to stop a nested repair drone bomber in TDM not get the dreaded non-contributor status. Youíd think repairing damage with your drone would count as contributing to the system. Until they can get that fix I donít want them implementing any sort of algorithm. Perhaps itís just my cynicism, but itís more likely to catch an innocent noob accidentally flying into an asteroid than reliably get the cheaters (and only cheaters) out.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

HrRav
02.09.2020 , 03:21 AM | #12
You do not accidentally fly into an asteroid 20+ times in a game.

And as I said, the automated system could just send an alert to a living BW employee, who should be able to figure out if it is a new pilot or someone sabotaging the game.

phalczen
02.09.2020 , 09:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HrRav View Post
You do not accidentally fly into an asteroid 20+ times in a game.

And as I said, the automated system could just send an alert to a living BW employee, who should be able to figure out if it is a new pilot or someone sabotaging the game.
But thatís not entirely automated is it? It still requires a living person to verify whether the self destructs are intentional or accidental. Furthermore, youíd need at least three employees per server per day, and I canít imagine they would pay to keep someone on call 24/7 just to police GSF matches. They donít even have 24 hour customer service as it is. They only have personnel monitoring whether the servers go down or not ... and it might not even be in house, but rather a pager goes off if the servers go down or something. That team probably monitors the online status of multiple games and is unlikely to be versed enough in a small aspect of this game to be responsible for responding to pages in the middle of the night for people upset in a GSF match.

So no, I donít think a bioware policing presence real time is likely.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

HrRav
02.10.2020 , 12:37 PM | #14
My suggestion is that an automated system could send out alerts to a human intellegence. If an experienced gsf player can tell a saboteur from a new player then so should a Bioware employee. They don't need to respond immediately - it would be quite sufficient that somebody reads the automated alerts and investigates recorded game statistics during the next work day.

The point is that I do not believe in an automated system would be reliable enough to block players from participating or open for vote-kick on players that are not flagged as non-contributing. And I believe that a temporary ban for first time offenders (and a longer ban for players who are repeatedly sabotaging games) is more discouraging for this kind of behaviour.

Anyway, if there are better suggestions for what can be done then I will gladly support them. I just hope that BW takes this problem seriously.

RodneyMcNeely
02.10.2020 , 04:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ThutmoseV View Post
There is a player on Star Forge who is notorious for this. Someone told me that there was a whole group that did that on Satele Shan. The motivation supposedly was to end matches so fast that they could get their weekly (and big conquest points during some conquest weeks) as fast as possible.

It is not that hard to figure out what is happening. Zero damage and double digit deaths match after match is pretty obvious. If someone dies 14 times and the difference between opposing kills and deaths is more then that, it is clearly self-destruct. I say ban them, or at least ban them from GSF.
I know EXACTLY who you're talking about.

Can we also talk about what I think are blatant hacks?

I'm not pitching a fit about my lack of skill. I'm a low-skill to average player on my BEST day.

But there are certain players who don't seem to be bound by the normal rules of the game. There are certain folks who can torpedo lock me three or four times in a row WAY faster than a fully-upgraded ship should be able to reload once or twice. My Distortion Field missile break ALWAYS seems to fail against these players. It doesn't break their current lock, nor does it keep them from acquiring another one instantly.

They also seem to be able to acquire locks THROUGH very large pieces of debris. I can be on the other side of an asteroid, and STILL get locked and blown up.

Another one is infinite thruster boosting. I particularly notice this on gunships that do NOT have an Engine Overcharge buff. They seem to be able to outboost my scouts, even when I DO have the EO buff. I know you can optimize for engine speed and efficiency at the cost of damage, but this is WAY beyond that.

Thanks for listening. At first, I thought these were just bugs in the game itself, but the ONLY seem to favor very specific players...