Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fractured Uprising VETERAN Bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

galliant's Avatar


galliant
01.16.2017 , 11:08 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
In a group you can't even tell who is aware of the bug and who's just sticking with the group. I had numerous runs where people weren't aware the bug even existed when it ocurred. That's the way I learnt about the thing myself: I helped bug the boss by just doing what I would have done anyway. I don't believe any kind of data can differentiate those two cases.
But this doesn't matter. To quote BW

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
And although we could tell the difference between accidental use and constant abuse
So it doesn't matter if you or I can tell the difference. What matter is if BW can and what they do after that. And they choose not to punish anyone. From my point of view i'll be free to document an "accidental" exploit and should expect not to be punished since i did it unintentionally. It's precedent for "accidental" uses that you'll be able to document.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.16.2017 , 12:57 PM | #52
Good. The CXP grind is already too damn long.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
01.16.2017 , 02:15 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by galliant View Post
But this doesn't matter. To quote BW



So it doesn't matter if you or I can tell the difference. What matter is if BW can and what they do after that.
I simply don't believe what they are saying. I'd have to exactly describe how the bug occurs and how it can do so in any kind of pull, but I obivously won't do that in the game's official forums.

Anyhow, you'd have to have voice chat protocol (if a group was even using it) to tell the difference. The actions of the players in the game will be precisely the same, nothing can differentiate accidentally and deliberately buggin the boss. I've been there and seen it, tbh I doubt you have, from what you have written.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
01.16.2017 , 05:26 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
I simply don't believe what they are saying. I'd have to exactly describe how the bug occurs and how it can do so in any kind of pull, but I obivously won't do that in the game's official forums.

Anyhow, you'd have to have voice chat protocol (if a group was even using it) to tell the difference. The actions of the players in the game will be precisely the same, nothing can differentiate accidentally and deliberately buggin the boss. I've been there and seen it, tbh I doubt you have, from what you have written.
I am assuming that they would look at how often you ran the Uprising. Like someone how only exploited 1-5 times may have done it unintentionally, while someone who did it 20+ times probably did it intentionally. Also, they could check if a group was formed via Group Finder or manually. But in the end, we won't know the details and it doesn't matter too much anyway since they decided to not take action against players.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

TyrionGraphiste's Avatar


TyrionGraphiste
01.17.2017 , 03:30 AM | #55
What to say but.. 👌👌👌👌👏👏👏👏👏

Rocketmanballs's Avatar


Rocketmanballs
01.17.2017 , 07:13 AM | #56
The way I look at it is, EA/Bioware didn't properly test things before putting it out so it's their fault. I do fractured all the time because it's faster and gives the most cxp. "Done and dusted" and "Crimson fang" take too long for little rewards. In fact, this whole CXP system is retarded.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
01.17.2017 , 07:22 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocketmanballs View Post
In fact, this whole CXP system is retarded.
Yup well said and there is nothing you can do about it. Devs will keep on playing gods and do what they want. They also get away with it, if we keep on paying them!!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

T_T_P's Avatar


T_T_P
01.17.2017 , 08:53 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocketmanballs View Post
The way I look at it is, EA/Bioware didn't properly test things before putting it out so it's their fault.
It doesn't matter whos fault it is because you have read and signed the TOS to be able to play the game and by doing so any action can be taken against you if you do stuff that's considered an exploit.
Solana - The Red Eclipse

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
01.18.2017 , 04:06 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by T_T_P View Post
It doesn't matter whos fault it is because you have read and signed the TOS to be able to play the game and by doing so any action can be taken against you if you do stuff that's considered an exploit.
Good thing is that if you have such widely used exploits that they dont take any action as it involves a big part of the population and they are not exactly in a state where they can punish so many players.

A similar situation was the Nefra exploit back then.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Alohajeje's Avatar


Alohajeje
01.24.2017 , 05:59 AM | #60
That's a little unfair to call this an exploit, since you say yourself that since Fractured is the uprising giving the most CXP it would be farmed the most anyway... The bug only allows to gain a few minutes. Also Andril does more damage than the last boss, what's up with that? You can't blame players wanting to avoid certain death. (or at least very close to certain death ^^). And you'll see that even with the bug repaired, Fractured will continue to be farmed to death. Players only do that now, or pvp. No more groups for operations on the fleet, only low levels in flashpoint, the other uprisings are close to never done... that's juste for Mantle of the Force, but I wonder if other servers have Fractured...