New marauder

raidenze

Hi everyone been playing the game about a week on few different characters and decided to stick with a marauder lover the play style just curious how good is the story line say compared the the boring consular I found that just mind numbing any info be great but please no spoilers

Also any guilds recruiting on the red eclipse server

I found the Warrior's storyline to be one of the better ones, especially if you play Dark Side. Without spoilers it just builds up well to a final confrontation that your character feels invested in, and it introduces a good number of interesting characters along the way.

Can't help you on the Red Eclipse, but you should check out the "Server" forums for it, there's a Guild Recruitment sub-forum for each individual server there.

Hi everyone been playing the game about a week on few different characters and decided to stick with a marauder lover the play style just curious how good is the story line say compared the the boring consular I found that just mind numbing any info be great but please no spoilers

Also any guilds recruiting on the red eclipse server

Hello there!

First off, welcome to STAR WARS: The Old Republic! I am excited to meet new players and I must say that the Marauder is an excellent choice in both gameplay and story!

For finding a guild on The Red Eclipse, I recommend checking out their forums here and the guild recruitment sub forum for the server here.

Again, welcome to SWTOR and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-Ludwig

Over all, it just seems like the Empire's class stories are just more interesting than the Republic ones. Might just be me, I never got into the whole save the world from people who have different view points then your side sort of jazz. :p

Nothing wrong with trying out several classes till you find the one that matches. Sooner or later you will run out of Story, and then you are just left with the class.

If you are just in it for the story you might want to try a few classes out, many sing high praise for the imperial agent one. Oddly enough I found some light side choices more cruel then dark side ones as well. Some are even pretty funny. Some you even get a different response out of if you are male / female / alien.

Loved the SW storyline on my Marauder :) Played it as Lightside which made it in my opinion even more interesting.

If you are looking for a nice Guild I could recommend you to to type in /who Imperial Tea Drinkers. Both my Assassin and Powertech are in it :) Big social guild with lots of chatting. I'm usually online in the evening after work, currently mainly on my Powertech. Feel free to give me a whisper. My PT's name is listed in my signature :)

Hey everyone thanks for the replies I did try out the agent storyline ATM seems quite good like the way you manipulate someone so they trust you then turn the tables and kill them lol

But think I will lvl that one after my marauder and I will definitely look up your guild also thank you

Two pieces of advice if you're playing a Marauder. Following these two simple pieces of advice will cause any group you're in to respect you and consider you a better player (Marauders are notorious for NOT following these rules).

1) You are not a tank! In a group situation (real flashpoints, not the tactical ones), let the tank pull agro first, then jump in after he has done so. If one of the enemies looks like they are asleep (twitching, lifted into the air, etc.), do NOT hit them, but leave them until last.

2) You are DPS, so follow this kill order: weak, strong, elite, champion *in that order*. Always kill weaks that have started attacking your group first, then strongs, then worry about the elites and champions once *all* the weaks and strongs have been killed.

Have fun and welcome to SWTOR!

EDIT: Following the above kill order will also help you when soloing, as you will extend your survivability by killing the weak stuff first.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

Over all, it just seems like the Empire's class stories are just more interesting than the Republic ones. Might just be me, I never got into the whole save the world from people who have different view points then your side sort of jazz. :p

I think that's a general opinion across the board. I think part of it is there is less moral ambiguity in the Republic storylines. Sure you can play as an evil power mongering arsehelm, but it just make you come across needlessly jerky and doesn't change the story at all other than people whining at you about it. There's a lot more shades of grey in Imperial storylines. Sith Warrior especially since it is the only class where the choices you make actually affect one of your companions.

These are all great responses. I have just levelled a marauder to 55. I made her Carnage specc mainly and she has some really fun moves!

I know someone said it above, but it's very important that you remember NEVER to attack before the tank in a group, and to try and only attack the tank's target to help him instead of splitting groups. (Unless he asks you to pick up all the weak mobs for example if they are mainly ranged).

Smash is a great AoE opener, force leap never ever stops being fun and then when you get into some of the later moves you'll be grinning like a loon while you wade through enemies!

You may feel a little "squishy" for a while after lvl 25 or so, but as long as you channel hatred between all fights, use your defensive cooldowns and keep your gear up-to date you'll breeze through it.

Welcome to the game and remember, there is no peace.... only passion....

I know someone said it above, but it's very important that you remember NEVER to attack before the tank in a group, and to try and only attack the tank's target to help him instead of splitting groups. (Unless he asks you to pick up all the weak mobs for example if they are mainly ranged).

Correct. Never attack before the tank.

Incorrect. ALWAYS attack the weak mobs, then the strong mobs, then the elites and champions. The tank will be worrying about the stuff you'll be hitting LAST, so it's important that, for the beginning of the fight (assuming you're fighting more than 1 enemy), IGNORE the tank's target and eliminate all the weakest enemies first. Do NOT wait for the tank to ask you to do this, because you should be following this kill order in 99% of the fights you encounter. It will make it easier on the tank (eliminating mobs quickly means less to keep track of) and the healer (all those weak mobs will agro on him if nothing is attacking them, and they are pouring out more damage together than the 1-2 elites).

This is a common mistake of Marauders, which is why I wanted to mention it in this thread--best to learn the right way first, than try and re-teach yourself later!

3rd rule in a real flashpoint: If something attacks the healer, focus on it. Otherwise weakest to strongest. On my tank, I hit the biggest enemies a few times to make sure I have more agro than the healer, then swap targets so I can keep as many things focusing on me as possible, so the sooner things die, the less I get hit.