Why healing sorcs cannot be nerfed!

Lhancelot

First of all, sorcerers represent Star Wars. It's natural that sorcs be the most powerful, awesome class to play on SWTOR. Without sorcs, there would be no Star Wars.

Imagine if all the wannabe sorc players came to try SWTOR out, only to find their beloved dream sorcerer was gimpy as a merc! IMAGINE!!!!

It's important the class be relatively easy to play, that ensures all the new players that come to SWTOR to PVP start out enjoying themselves on their really powerful, ego-building sorc!

If sorcs were gimps in PVP, you'd never see them in the warzones! How would THAT look, with NO robe-wearing, evil masters of the galaxy in PVP? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

A much more technical reason why sorc heals cannot be nerfed:

Who would counter heal all those crazy insanely OP'd mercs and their burst? That gimpy merc healer? that silly little HoT managing ops healer? Bahahahaha!!!! neither of them can heal through even HALF of a merc's burst!

We need sorc healers! You can't nerf them, because if you did essentially you'd be removing ALL healers from the warzones! The other two healers are *********** useless!!!!

Long live the sorc healer, master class and master of all the galaxy.

Enough of this blasphemous talk in thread after thread, whine after whine posted dribble about nerfing the one class that PVP and SWTOR needs the most.

It is truly sad to see even you posting ironic bs in desperate need of ditraction from the tremendous horror caused by the issues with matchmaking, balance ,population and the enormous ignorance by the devs.

A sane mind cannot bear swtor pvp for a long time. At least you can say you could resist the madness for longer than I could:D.

Edited by aristrokratie

It is truly sad to see even you posting ironic bs in desperate need of ditraction from the tremendous horror caused by the issues with matchmaking, balance ,population and the enormous ignorance by the devs.

A sane mind cannot bear swtor pvp for a long time. At least you can say you could resist the madness for longer than I could:D.

well, you are onto me. It's been awhile since I made a facetious, stupid post full of BS! I was due for one so here it is. :p

well, you are onto me. It's been awhile since I made a facetious, stupid post full of BS! I was due for one so here it is. :p

And you pulled me into it, after reading this post i felt encouraged to do the one with the op lethality op...

Edited by aristrokratie

Actually most people's first toon is a jedi knight. You can see that in lowbies - half or more of the pub team is sentinels or guardians, using owerpowered strikes for the win.

If they tried to appeal to masses they should've made knights / warriors relatively easy classes to pick up. Instead sentinels are one of the hardest classes to play well

Actually most people's first toon is a jedi knight. You can see that in lowbies - half or more of the pub team is sentinels or guardians, using owerpowered strikes for the win.

If they tried to appeal to masses they should've made knights / warriors relatively easy classes to pick up. Instead sentinels are one of the hardest classes to play well

I've always wondered about that. Are sorcs the most popular class because they are easier to start with (they get most of their cc and their best dmg and heals long before knights do, for example) and easier to do reasonably well with at end game with plenty of room for skill progression? Or are they the most popular because knights aren't easy to start with nor are they the easiest to do relatively well with at endgame unless you've learned to shrug off being killed a lot. Back when many of the trend setters were learning the game, the knight class also happened to have the hardest solo boss fights in the game (there are still some spectacular youtube flameouts out there showing how much fun people weren't having with Valis, Angral, Harrowers, Belsavis' boss and almost everything about the buggy emperor fight ) and because most of their best abilities didn't come into focus until the last 10 levels. I don't know what the original devs were thinking if they were thinking anything at all other than "gotta finish this before deadline".

Edited by Savej

2 sabers > 1 saber. looks cooler too. like when you grab your buddy's saber to finish the climactic fight. it's in every other cut scene. lol

I've always wondered about that. Are sorcs the most popular class because they are easier to start with (they get most of their cc and their best dmg and heals long before knights do, for example) and easier to do reasonably well with at end game with plenty of room for skill progression? Or are they the most popular because knights aren't easy to start with nor are they the easiest to do relatively well with at endgame unless you've learned to shrug off being killed a lot. Back when many of the trend setters were learning the game, the knight class also happened to have the hardest solo boss fights in the game (there are still some spectacular youtube flameouts out there showing how much fun people weren't having with Valis, Angral, Harrowers, Belsavis' boss and almost everything about the buggy emperor fight ) and because most of their best abilities didn't come into focus until the last 10 levels. I don't know what the original devs were thinking if they were thinking anything at all other than "gotta finish this before deadline".

I think it originally had more to do with the signature lightning from the hands thing. as far as aesthetics go, that's probably the single most iconic/cool thing...as a general rule. I've always been more into knights and armor so I dig the troopers.

Edited by foxmob

but then there's guardians... the most fotm (or is it fotmest?) lol damage undying spec in the game... and it's not the damage spec...

and have a look at my signature, it's the proof for the main statement made by the op

Edited by aristrokratie

but then there's guardians... the most fotm (or is it fotmest?) lol damage undying spec in the game... and it's not the damage spec...

and have a look at my signature, it's the proof for the main statement made by the op

I am sure Musco is awesome on sorcs, so imagine if he still dies how easily we all die on sorcs. Sorcs need buffed.

If sorcs were gimps in PVP, you'd never see them in the warzones! How would THAT look, with NO robe-wearing, evil masters of the galaxy in PVP? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

You forgot those red-bladed lightsabres.

Of course red. No other colour is worthy / good enough for LE SORC.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You forgot those red-bladed lightsabres.

Of course red. No other colour is worthy / good enough for LE SORC.

I use a green lightsaber, I have stolen it from a sage I once killed and am using it to show those filthy pub sages that only sorcs, NOT sages are the true master class.

Edited by aristrokratie

I use a green lightsaber, I have stolen it from a sage I once killed and am using it to show those filthy pub sages that only sorcs, NOT sages are the true master class.

lol good idea, I should do that too. Which green crystal is it, one of the ones that came in a sage lighsaber? Or, did you just make up this inventive story?

Actually, I should move a sorc crystal to my sage...

Well, my Sage actually has a blood-red Lightsabre he once stole from a Sorc ... :D

( By the way, this is an interesting in-world story : "How I stole my lightsabre ..." :D )

yeah I never thought about it. The whole changing of the crystals.

It's not really that hard. It just happens in any game.

In any game and every game, empirically, healers are always viewed as most valuable, and in any content they are most welcome from anyone. Nobody turns away healers be it PvE or PvP. Naturally, making a healer class is one of the most popular options for a new player to explore when he gets more familiar with the game. It is also a very widely popular choice for casual players or especially women players, because in many cases being a healer isn't all too difficult at all.

This is not to downplay their skill or efforts, but merely stating the truth. In many games, even those with different types of healers, there is always a "basic" form of a healer which is easy to play and manage. In most games, as long as the DPS know their job, and the tank player knows his stuff, in usual cases healers are rarely in danger, simple point-and-click according to health bar status, and yet almost always receive most thanks and praise. Just look at how many mvp votes healers receive, as compared to the mvp votes skilled tank players receives, whom usually tend to work their arse off and almost die of a heart attack after every game.

Add to that the relatively recent changes where sorc/sage healers became super easy mode, overhealing in almost every situation -- that in PvP they're almost demonized now, and frankly that much influential to the entire match.... what you get is an easy to manage, easy to play class that sways the course of the entire PvP match/PvE content played, and so effective in what they do, that even a relatively low-skill person could play it and still do well unless the enemy team is really, really well organized with super-effective DPS focusing.

Look at the complaints from some other healer players, merc/mandos and op/smuggs ... and how much they despise sorc/sages, because to be effective their class needs actual skill and experience, whereas the sorc/sage class is just a faceroll in most cases, and yet does more healing, and receives more recognition and thanks.

No class in the game currently sways the entire match like with just their presence. Its an obvious choice for people who walk the path of least resistance or challenges.

Look at the complaints from some other healer players, merc/mandos and op/smuggs ... and how much they despise sorc/sages, because to be effective their class needs actual skill and experience, whereas the sorc/sage class is just a faceroll in most cases, and yet does more healing, and receives more recognition and thanks.

No class in the game currently sways the entire match like with just their presence. Its an obvious choice for people who walk the path of least resistance or challenges.

You don't take a pocketknife to a gunfight, just like you don't take a merc healer to a WZ.

You take a big, powerful, Dirty Harry 44. Magnum which in swtor PVP the healing equivalent is the high-powered ultimate master healing class; The Sorcerer.

Why in the **** would people try to be competitive with a gimpy merc healer busting their butt and mustering 2/3 what a sorc does with their eyes closed, or a micro-managing, beyond-tedious, ineffective HoT healing automaton called an operative? PUH-leez. Both specs are awful now.

Most people rather stick bamboo shoots under their fingernails than suffer the healing gameplay of the merc and ops healer.

That pretty much leaves one healing spec, the sorc. Sorcs can manage the stupid crazy burst that some classes possess, and they also can manage to escape and survive better than both other specs.

It's pretty simple understanding why sorc healers are the most common healer played right now. Two healing specs are inefficient and/or not fun, and one is overpowered. Which one you think people gonna play?

First of all, sorcerers represent Star Wars. It's natural that sorcs be the most powerful, awesome class to play on SWTOR. Without sorcs, there would be no Star Wars.

Imagine if all the wannabe sorc players came to try SWTOR out, only to find their beloved dream sorcerer was gimpy as a merc! IMAGINE!!!!

It's important the class be relatively easy to play, that ensures all the new players that come to SWTOR to PVP start out enjoying themselves on their really powerful, ego-building sorc!

A much more technical reason why sorc heals cannot be nerfed:

Who would counter heal all those crazy insanely OP'd mercs and their burst? That gimpy merc healer? that silly little HoT managing ops healer? Bahahahaha!!!! neither of them can heal through even HALF of a merc's burst!

We need sorc healers! You can't nerf them, because if you did essentially you'd be removing ALL healers from the warzones! The other two healers are *********** useless!!!!

Long live the sorc healer, master class and master of all the galaxy.

Enough of this blasphemous talk in thread after thread, whine after whine posted dribble about nerfing the one class that PVP and SWTOR needs the most.

The issue isn't that they can heal great numbers, it's that it's too easy a healing class to play. Exceptional players should be able to do great heals. Noobs face rolling the class for good numbers is ridiculous.

I think it's more of the case that people have gotten used to how easy Sorc healers are to play and used to the incredible healing out put they can do. Basically because ranked hardly ever pops I'll base this off regs .... (Since I'm sitting in solo ranked queue hoping it will pop)

By no means are Merc and Operative healers useless. If you're good at either spec you'll do completely fine in regs I've seen it plenty of times. Once again people are just used to the overpowered Sorc healers and when you go from having one of those healing you to a Merc/Operative of course you will think the others are worthless. As far as I know Operative can still put out the highest HPS in game, I believe Solow proved that with HPS farming games on harbinger. Operative just lacks the burst healing a Sorc is capable of. Mercs are a fun healing class to play in both regs and solo ranked, Kick-Bot is a god and showed that a Merc healer can be played in solo ranked and win against Sorc healers, of any level of competence. Obviously not all players are Kick-Bot and Solow when it comes to healing especially on a Merc/Operative but they are when it comes to a Sorc which is wrong.

Sorc is already easy to play in any role regardless of output it shouldn't be as OP as it is in both specs (DPS discussion will be saved for another thread) This game is incredibly easy to play new players should have no issue picking it up the basics.

These types of troll threads got boring after 1.1 regardless Sorc healers should be toned down, Will that happen? Not likely.

I agree, we should nerf Operatives

You have won me over. I plead with the powers at Bioware that they buff operatives. Consider, operatives are the Imperial elite. Who cares about laser swords? The operative has BLADES, stealth generators and healing drones! He should be at the zenith of individual fights! Silly Valkorion, using the force...pfft. I have some suggestions:

Operatives are woefully neglected in the group fight department. Once exposed, they can only roll around so much. I mean, I am running, but somersaulting should definitely be faster and more readily available. This absurd limit on the operative roll should be rescinded.

What about survival? Operatives are only permitted medium armor. That is an outrage. Who says the nimble Operative cannot roll around with metal plates and personal shield generators on him or her? Most of us are already carrying our households with us in inventory. Why not allow the operative to have both a shield generator AND a Knife? I believe, as members of the Imperial secret police, they should have access to the most cutting edge technologies and implements that money can buy. So, let's work on that and let's get them an upgrade to armor. But not heavy armor...how about Agent Armor? It's stronger than heavy armor but only available to Operatives. Perhaps the low grade starts at 60% mitigation? Let's think on that, everyone.

Furthermore, I believe operatives should have a finisher. No, I really do. It's kinda ludicrous that they don't have one. Virtually every other class does and it is high time that this be addressed. They need one desperately, because as it stands, they are only the 1v1 PvP kings. They should be 1v3 kings. I suggest that we give them a finisher at 80% health of opponent and that it should do 4 x weapon damage at 10 energy (but refunding 9 if the enemy is lower than 75% health). This would probably give them a bit more of a chance in group fights, because unless you're dominating at all levels of the game, you're not dominating at all.

Finally, I believe Operatives need stronger healing. I believe there should be a utility that allows the Operative to carry a 20 gallon drum of Kolto on his or her back that has been intravenously connected so that every 30 seconds, a heal can be automatically administered (perhaps about 50% health). It requires no activation and consumes no energy.

With the above recommended changes, Operatives should be brought into line with everyone else. Make Operatives great again 2016.

Edited by Sappharan