Thinking of coming back!

Verko

I played originally during Beta and up until 1.3-1.4ish, and i absolutely loved this game. I ran a Guild with a friend with over 400 members and was my guild's Main Tank. We also did a lot of PvP, which is still to this day my favorite out of any MMO.

I have since played many other games, and have now come to the point where i am sick of them all.

Long story short, i was reminiscing with my same friend at the pub yesterday and we decided we would give SWTOR another go as a new xpack is coming soon. Figured it would be a good time to get back into the game with an even playing field.

What im wondering is how the game is nowadays? How is the population (Im on Harbringer)? PvP Balance? Does it sound like the new expansion will bring some life to the game again?

The population is healthy, and seems to be rising with the expansion on the horizon. (Lots of other returning players).

And welcome back! (Well, sort of, in case you decide not to return after all :p)

Edited by Callaron

You'd be better off playing FFXIV. They actually release good content on a timely manner and talk to their community where as BW lets this game go for a year without new content and never says a word to the community.

You'd be better off playing FFXIV. They actually release good content on a timely manner and talk to their community where as BW lets this game go for a year without new content and never says a word to the community.

You'd actually be better off trying the two week trial. The combat is much slower and you have to get used to weeaboo pedophiles running around everywhere.

I bet you doomsay on their forums as well :rolleyes:

If you come back you can look forward to a brand new expansion where you will continue to run the same old content that you have for the last three years.

That's quite the accomplishment, since most of that content hasn't been in game for three years yet. But lets all pretend that you're being discriminated against, and that you didn't get any new raids with the latest expansion.

How some people can grow up to be such spoiled brats is beyond me. :rolleyes:

idk, if he's been away since 1.4ish then he has a lot of new content to go through. And lightsabers. *drops mic*

That's quite the accomplishment, since most of that content hasn't been in game for three years yet. But lets all pretend that you're being discriminated against, and that you didn't get any new raids with the latest expansion.

How some people can grow up to be such spoiled brats is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Excuse me for wanting new content for my $180+ per year. So spoiled of me.

Edited by Icebergy

My take on these questions ...

1. If you come back do so before the end of the month. If you sub you get a free companion (assuming you didn't already know) and you get 12 XP until Oct (if you stay subbed). But even if you don't sub, you will restart at "preferred" status. Not nearly the same limitation as FTP.

2. PVP is sadly on the decline on many servers. But I must confess that I do not know about the status of the server you are on. Realistically the west coast servers seems to be healthier than the east coast.

3. The upper tier space missions are pure hell now. Crazy difficult for first timers. I would recommend watching the youtube videos so you know how to play them. The PVP space combat is not for the first timers. It literally is a pay to win system. Going in on a starter ship is likely to be an act of pure frustration on your part.

4. Strongholds and guild ships are the latest rage. You literally can setup you own little piece of paradise. My stronghold is to the point where I can do more there than I can at fleet. The only time I even go to fleet is to do BH week or go to a priority terminal.

5. If you come back start over fresh. Things have changed and so has character abilities.

6. Any level 50 pvp gear you have you need to re-mod or toss. Expertise levels changed with the upgrade to 55 (stayed the same level when bumped to 60). So using this gear in PVP is going to do more harm than good.

Excuse me for wanting new content for my $180+ per year. So spoiled of me.

Content is a pretty wide banner than includes a lot more than just operations.

I do, however, understand people prioritize certain types of content when making their subscription decision. But OP seems to be asking about more than just new Operations. To that point, details on the scope of what all we are looking at receiving in 4.0 remains unknown.

What im wondering is how the game is nowadays?

Welcome back :tran_smile:

The game is great, sure it has its bugs but no game breaking ones.

This game is heading for a bright future in the expansion, I am sure of it

And you'll be getting new content. The new expansion is set to come with 11 chapters of a 16 chapter storyline right off the bat along with 5 new companions.

Except it is not content that is worth ~$200 to me, so I won't be paying for it.

I bet you doomsay on their forums as well :rolleyes:

Not in the slightest considering FFXIV is very healthy right now. Hell my server has nightly login queue's and has had them for as long as I can remember. Granted I'm on the largest server in the game but FFXIV isn't struggling at all like swtor is.

You'd actually be better off trying the two week trial. The combat is much slower and you have to get used to weeaboo pedophiles running around everywhere.

I do dislike the GCD being 2.5s (1.8 for ninja's with Huton buff) but the combat is far from slow. The game is heavy in the mechanics and a ton of movement involved which is why the GCD is set to where it is at. It can be pretty boring in the low levels and the early dungeons that are glorified mechanic tutorials. Game doesn't pick up till 30 and you get your job unlocked. But if you want end game, FFXIV end game is excellent.

Yes, the GCD is longer, no the combat is not slower.

Also, the game incorporates a ton of off the GCD abilities.

Thats the ninja opener.

If your casual, stick with swtor. If you want consistent end game and new content every 2-3 months? Go play FFXIV, a game that's actually getting relevant updates.

If you come back you can look forward to a brand new expansion where you will continue to run the same old content that you have for the last three years.

I'm happy they're scaling the old content up to 65. I never experienced running the old operations and flashpoints at level 50

And you'll be getting new content. The new expansion is set to come with 11 chapters of a 16 chapter storyline right off the bat along with 5 new companions.

and just like most at SWTOR launch. That story will be consumed within a week for many. 2-3 weeks for most.

Then you get to do it all over gain because end game will be nothing but repeating what you did 1 year to 3 years ago.

If you want to:

Never see PvP content

Have to re-grind all old PvE content

Repeat the same story on every character.

Be robbed of the companions you've leveled with.

Play the Mass Effect 2 story in Star Wars form

Then this game is for you!

Edited by DarkDisturbed

Except after the massive expansion, the new content will be scaled to 65 and harder than ever for you to complete!

Except it is not content that is worth ~$200 to me, so I won't be paying for it.

LOL The more we hear about it, the more I think it's actually a $200 expansion that's taking away content! (companions and flashpoints)

Edited by Cedia