Crushing Darkness in PVP

ddinnov

Just trying out the madness play style and struggling with casting CD in WZ's.

It either get's interrupted or I'm dead by the time it's finished casting. I'm not used to staying still and casting as a sin but I like the other parts of the spec (death field, creeping terror, assassinate)

Is this spec/play style viable without CD and instead just using the instant cast stuff then melee attacks while keeping DF/CT up? Or is CD a big part of what gives this makes spec what it is?

I'm used to playing hybrid deception/madness with low slash + death field and only just come back to my sin these last couple of days.

How do you make CD work in PVP without getting stabbed/smashed to death?

I don't know anything about PVP, but I seem to recall that there is a proc granted by the "Raze" skill which makes Crushing Darkness an instant-cast and also cost no (or very little) Force. You should only really use it when you have that proc (you spam your cheap melee attacks to get the proc). My memory is a little fuzzy but it's something like that. Edited by PLynkes

Just trying out the madness play style and struggling with casting CD in WZ's.

It either get's interrupted or I'm dead by the time it's finished casting. I'm not used to staying still and casting as a sin but I like the other parts of the spec (death field, creeping terror, assassinate)

Is this spec/play style viable without CD and instead just using the instant cast stuff then melee attacks while keeping DF/CT up? Or is CD a big part of what gives this makes spec what it is?

I'm used to playing hybrid deception/madness with low slash + death field and only just come back to my sin these last couple of days.

How do you make CD work in PVP without getting stabbed/smashed to death?

As an Assassin, you shouldn't ever be casting Crushing Darkness while your opponent is able to respond to it. As Madness, you should never cast it at all. Hitting a target affected by your Discharge with any melee attack triggers your Raze ability, reducing the cast time and force cost of Crushing Darkness by 100%. That makes it a free, instant cast ability, and is the only way you should every use it. It also has a rate limit of 7.5 seconds, making it impossible to clip your last Crushing Darkness if always used immediately.