Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode I

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you episode one of the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ podcast, “Rocket Boots”. You can listen by using the embedded player, by downloading and listening on your preferred MP3 player, or check it out on our

In this episode, we sit down with Daniel Erickson and Damion Schubert to talk about what we saw in Game Update 1.2 and what we can expect as we look forward to Game Update 1.3. Also, David Bass stops by to tell us about how things went at PAX East and share some of our convention plans for the rest of the year. If you have any questions or comments about the show, feel free to let us know in this forum thread.

Thanks for listening!

Read more.

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty easy I mean we have very high standards for how good the feature needs to be and it was clear that this feature in that implementation wasn't good enough to be in a BioWare game. Right?

So I guess the family tree--which can't be shared with other players, serves no mechanical gameplay purpose, and is extremely limited in scope (single line trees?)--that was good enough? Right?

Yeah and one of the things about PTS, the public test server that is incredibly important to understand is we put stuff up there because we want fan feedback.

Is that why the PTS is hardly used and the player feedback is largely ignored?

What is the point of a group finder on a near dead server, I would not have bothered bringing it up in the podcast...

Exactly. This all is canned, David Bass said the exact same things on the other podcast a few days ago. Great idea, but talk about the real issues. If you don't talk about the issues it will just be negative publicity with all of the forum/youtube post rage.

So I guess the family tree--which can't be shared with other players, serves no mechanical gameplay purpose, and is extremely limited in scope (single line trees?)--that was good enough? Right?

Is that why the PTS is hardly used and the player feedback is largely ignored?

1. Nice job nitpicking.

2. We don't know this, maybe or maybe not when it comes to player feedback. Do they have to respnd "We'll implement this immediately! Thanks for your perfect opinion player person!" to every idea? They have a podcast and a Q&A as a main way to see interaction with the community, do we have to see Bioware yellow text on every thread that predicts the doom of the game anyway? They may or may not, you don't know and I don't know, and people do use the PTS. And if they are lowly populated, how is Bioware going to get feedback in the first place?

1. Nice job nitpicking.

2. We don't know this, maybe or maybe not when it comes to player feedback. Do they have to respnd "We'll implement this immediately! Thanks for your perfect opinion player person!" to every idea? They have a podcast and a Q&A as a main way to see interaction with the community, do we have to see Bioware yellow text on every thread that predicts the doom of the game anyway? They may or may not, you don't know and I don't know, and people do use the PTS. And if they are lowly populated, how is Bioware going to get feedback in the first place?

It's nitpicking because you don't agree. The family tree is fluff, and even as a roleplayer--which was supposedly the group being targeted with the family tree--the feature is worthless to me; I can't share it with anyone. It's about as useful as writing my family tree down on a napkin.

Good thing they put today's patch on the PTS to get feedback right? ;)

After listening carefully the podcast..

i am still amazed how they dont adress the real issue..

Server transfers/merge NOW please.

Ranked warzones NOW and this is for the sake of the pvp community subs, they dont even mention its part of the 1.3?

dang..

LFG tool its coming way way way to late, without server merges/transfers, useless..

legacy literally useless... omg wait maybe if we all start farming and saving 15m credist we will get all new useless stuffs on legacy. because im sure increase the EX for killing only BOSSES in FP will give you a entire level!

PVE that really matters, wheres the carrot all MMO have?

and for god sake lets not even start with the gear design..

im not sure if BW live in they small happy world, but they are not talking about add, or fix anything of the thing WE NEED for this game to get better..

No mention of server transfers. In the past they have said it will be a part of 1.3. I would have enjoyed a discussion of it.

it needs to happen before 1.3, subs are sharply decreasing and less and less are logging in each day because you can't do anything without people. no wz's, no ops, no fps, no fun, what are we doing again?

Edited by SniperCartman