TFB Secret Zone

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dread seeded idea is looking more likely. Apparently there is a title that can be unlocked related to dread seeds.

On a related note I got the chance to kill some of the Dread-Seeded beings on the PTS

Tatooine: Sand Demon

Alderaan: Nerf

Hoth: Wampa

And found that they seemed tuned for 2+ players. The one on Tatooine has a regenerate ability that gives it a 10% that it will use twice within 9 seconds, thus forcing you to bring a 2nd player (if only for interrupts). I suppose a person could run a way and then charge it to interrupt the heal, but it's clearly meant for 2+ people. I two manned it (no companions) in full Arkanian and it was easy. I suspect it's meant to be done with either 6 people in Dread Guard or 4 people in Basic (level 66 gear).

The Wampa hit a bit harder than the Sand Demon but not by much. The Wampa had either an interrupt or a really short stun.

I haven't bothered with Lucky on Corellia, but apparently someone on the PTS has already tried using the Orb on Lucky so it's not the Dread-Seeded Rancor. I'm curious if the Dread-Seeds have anything to do with the Terror from Beyond or some ancient weapon on Lethon (aka Rakata Prime).

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

I'am Avon from Phantoms Guild (France), we just killed dread tooth and the dread full entity yesterday and get 2 orbs. Now we're wondering where this secret place for this new boss is.

For me, I think we need to find a place that when you go in you have red message announcement on your screen, like when we go in the cave of asation. In other case, just imagine we have to search on all planets and they are sooooo big...it could be a waste of time.

The secret from asation, when you think about it, is pretty simple, just have to go in a cave, read a message, think a bit and its clear. So this new secret is a place we all know, a place where something happens on your screen. Something in common with the gree, the dread masters or maybe the rakata...or something else like the sand man in tatooine if we refer to the story of star wars in episode 2 (cause the 1st secret from asation was a reference to luke skywalker and the cave)

Well guys tell me if you are agree with me but it could simplify our research no ?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone dried using dreadful essence on anything before using the orbs? I wonder if they will stack on any other creatures (Lucky, Soa, Primal Destroyer)?

I also don't think it has anything to do with Golden Fury, but is there anything suspicious anywhere on Makeb? Any dreadseed stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried using the orb during one of Stryaks phases (chained lightning, manifestations or the soft enrage bit after the kell dragon is downed again)

The first thing that comes to mind when you say that is the phase where he's in the middle as a ghost and the mini-ghosts are closing in... seems like it would make sense to use it then, if at any time. Another thought also occured to me. What if you have to have multiple orbs?

When Styrak dies, the other dread masters appear in ghost form, but they are targetable. What if you have to have five orbs and use it on each of them? (Or six and use it on styrak too) In fact, I'm thinking this might be how you do it. It makes a lot of sense. It's in an ops phase, its using the dread masters.... Don't forget to try it on 16man hardmode though.

Hello,

Well I haven't got that orb myself yet, and honestly I have not read throught every single comment in this post, so my idea might has been exposed already.

Anyway, about that orb, it has something to do with the Dreadguards stuff, since it a) requires you to defeat a "dreadtooth" first, and afterwards you can summon a boss which comes right before a dreadguard boss.

So, you might try using it somehow on the Dreadguard Master themselves?

I mean, Asation has been upgraded to lvl 55. Darvannis has another Dreadguard Master to fight with.

The raids comming in further patches probably will have the remaining Dreadguard Masters as boss encounter.

That Dread Orb looks like some help against those Dreadguard Masters, like a shield or some damage buff?

Or maybe we need it in some future for the last of the Dreadguard Master encounter, which might be like a one one boss encounter with huge expectations?

Or, on the other hand, it is just another rare item doing some special effects with no other use, same as the Party Bowl or as they have in other MMORPG's.

Anyway, would be interesting to know what it really is for

Cheers

Edited by Phragos

Hello,

Well I haven't got that orb myself yet, and honestly I have not read throught every single comment in this post, so my idea might has been exposed already.

Anyway, about that orb, it has something to do with the Dreadguards stuff, since it a) requires you to defeat a "dreadtooth" first, and afterwards you can summon a boss which comes right before a dreadguard boss.

So, you might try using it somehow on the Dreadguard Master themselves?

I mean, Asation has been upgraded to lvl 55. Darvannis has another Dreadguard Master to fight with.

The raids comming in further patches probably will have the remaining Dreadguard Masters as boss encounter.

That Dread Orb looks like some help against those Dreadguard Masters, like a shield or some damage buff?

Or maybe we need it in some future for the last of the Dreadguard Master encounter, which might be like a one one boss encounter with huge expectations?

Or, on the other hand, it is just another rare item doing some special effects with no other use, same as the Party Bowl or as they have in other MMORPG's.

Anyway, would be interesting to know what it really is for

Cheers

If you have already completed S&V (and thus it won't be spoiled) read my above post (395). It's pretty much the same as what you said, but a bit more detailed. Especially considering it can be tried right now...

Has anyone tried using the orb during one of Stryaks phases (chained lightning, manifestations or the soft enrage bit after the kell dragon is downed again)

The orb can not be used while in combat.

Also, my group just killed Stryak on HM, I used it on his corpse, nothing. Next week I'll try it on the dragon.

Edited by KlownKiller

The orb can not be used while in combat.

Also, my group just killed Stryak on HM, I used it on his corpse, nothing. Next week I'll try it on the dragon.

Can you stealth out though?

Edited by JettZor

Can you stealth out though?

Its obvious this is not the intention because BW would not require you to bring a stealther to raid in order to use an item during combat.

I still standby my thoughts that the raid the orb is meant for is not available yet.