Feedback upon Hitting 50

cleverkiller

I've hit 50 with one character, and I'm already starting in on a new one. There's so much about the game that I just love--especially how the class quest progression allows the story to feel completely personal even though there are tons of other people playing out the same story and how the voice acting for nearly everything has actually made me pay attention to (and thus feel more connection to) what I'm doing, elevating the standard questing experience--but there are also a few things that bug me and a few features I'm really itching to see. I don't spend a lot of time on the forums, so I'm sure some, if not all, of these have been mentioned before (likely numerous times), but I, like everyone else, want my voice heard and my opinion out there, so I apologize in advance if there are several dead horses being beaten here.

Inconsistency in Clicky Behavior

When questing in a group, not all quest clickies behave the same. Some allow (or require) all group members to click at the same time; some do not function properly if more than one person clicks them. Some allow party members to click one right after another; some make party members wait for the clicky to respawn. Sometimes, all members are required to click to summon a mob; sometimes, more than one person clicking will result in more than one spawn.

This isn't game-breaking, but it can get annoying, especially given how much effort has gone into encouraging people to quest in groups.

Inconsistency in Bonus Quest Behavior

Sometimes, when you complete a quest's main objective, you're still able to complete the bonus quest before turning the quest in.

Sometimes, when you complete a quest's main objective, the bonus quest goes poof and you are unable to finish it.

Often, it's difficult to tell which it will be before hand, which may encourage players to try to complete bonus objectives before main objectives even though some quests were clearly designed to be progressive and allow bonus quest objectives to be met while completing successive main objectives.

XP Compensation when Questing at Level Cap

This is the spoiled MMO-player in me: once hitting level cap, I noticed there was no increased gain in either credits or legacy XP when completing quests which were still in my log. Given how much content I went through before hitting 50, having skipped very little and diligently soaked up all the xp I could get, I still had a lot of main content--meaning story/planet content beyond dailies, PVP, flash points, etc.--left by the time I capped. I can't get XP anymore, so I guess I was hoping I'd be otherwise compensated by getting a boost in other rewards. As I said, spoiled, but it's something I've come to expect from other game(s). I can't help but feel like I'm losing (by not receiving) something by questing now that I've hit 50.

Dual Specialization

I'm sure I'm not the first (nor the hundredth) to ask for this, but man would I love to be able to maintain both a DPS and heal spec. Sure, I can go respec if I need to, but it's a pain in the tush, and just like any other consumer, I want convenience.

Schematics

I'm pretty sure there's no easy way to tell, when looking at a schematic, if you already know it--unless you are also looking at your crafting window, which I'm pretty sure you can't do while looking at the GTN window unless there's some trick I'm missing--and that you can 'learn' the schematic again, even if you already know it. I don't really want to spend the creds to attempt reproducing it, but I'm pretty gosh darn sure I just did that... (And I feel pretty dumb admitting it. Gah.)

Ability Delay

This has been mentioned a gabillion times over, and I know you're working on it, but add my voice to the chorus. I love how cool I look while casting, but I wish it didn't come at the cost of efficacy and efficiency.

Neutral Alignment Incentives

I know it's been discussed and is likely being worked on, but I'd like to chime in and add another vote in favor of this. I'm gonna play my Agent neutral in hopes that some day, eventually, it'll pay off...

High Resolution Armor Textures

I've got my textures maxed. Why do I look like I'm still in rags? I think I read somewhere that this is being addressed, and I really hope that's the case. I look stinkin' awesome in conversations and cut scenes... and significantly less so when out and about in the world.

High Resolution Dressing Room / Dressing Room Zoom

It would be awesome if we could preview armors in high res... and even more awesome if we could zoom in on our companions' heads when previewing customizations given that most customizations affect their faces more than anything else.

Same Sex and Other Additional Romance Options

Please? I get that all the characters will still have their preferences--:p to Ashara and her lady-hating ways--but I'd love to see them expanded a bit, especially if that could include other races. A friend asked me, "How would you even make out with Khem Val?" My answer? "I don't know, but I want to try anyway!" Ahem.

With regards to romance, I've got to say this is part of what surprised me most about the game's depth. I figured this would be kind of a novelty thing, offering a nod to Bioware's other games, but I've been totally creeped out by a couple brilliant bits of unexpected writing that actually evoked emotional response, getting me to connect with my character and her story. Completely caught me off-guard and thrilled me.

The first was when it was Urtel Moren who my sorcerer's ghosts chose to channel to mess with her head, given that he was the first NPC I'd taken an interest in; it was a great psychological twist, giving what I thought to be a one-off fling (since he died) a whole lot more relevance and, thus, making the story fee more personal and fueled by my choices. The second was when I started getting love letters from Andronikos after he started getting overly mushy with all the talk of marriage and kids; the letters were perfectly written, seeming sincere without being sappy. I feel less awkward about pursuing that relationship now, oddly, as it feels like he understands that (and why!) I was growing distant. I mean, seriously, it creeps me out--in good ways!--that I'm attributing such empathy to a scripted NPC. Exemplary work, guys!

P.S. I can't possibly thank you enough for fixing the Sith Corruption toggle. It's a little thing, but it mattered (more than it probably should have) to me. THANK YOU!