Star Fortress Boss Glitch and Mission deletion

Sprigget

Just tried to run the Hoth Star Fortress flashpoint with a friend (The Heroic 2+ one), and when we got to the final boss, Jom Vanten, the game completely threw up on itself to where we couldn't do anything:

We got to the second stabilizer array (third room you can access around the ring, the entry being the first). This room had the two droid spawners in the back, Vanten was in some light levitation thing. We were able to reduce the stacks of Photovoltaic Energy on Vanten to 1, at which point all mobs stopped spawning. I destroyed the console (triggering the "2/3 Stabilizer arrays"), yet Vanten remained invulnerable to attacks, and the final stack of Energy could not be absorbed/siphoned/eliminated. Both of us had Dendrite Photocell Capacitors from the droids as well as Reaction Dampers in our inventories, yet we could not progress in the fight at all. We both jumped off the ledges to "wipe", but when we got back to the room it was exactly the same. We even left the flashpoint via the "Exit Area" button, but it did not help.

When we left for a second time, I abandoned the Heroic 2+ mission and kept "Hoth: Destroying the Star Fortress" in my mission log to restart it. When we tried to restart by talking to Sergeant Ahkar, my friend noticed that his mission was gone completely, despite not abandoning it. Furthermore, his mission "Hoth: Destroying the Star Fortres" was also missing, and the alliance alert to destroy the shield bunker had returned.

Happens on the last platform as well - even get the mission update "Kill the Exarch" yet no way to progress.

Only solution I've found is to reset the whole damn thing - which means spending another 20 minutes killing pointless high HP trash to get back to the end - and cross your fingers hoping it doesn't bug a second time.

I have had this bug a couple of different times now. I noticed that according to the map I should be moving on to the last platform for the final fight, but the boss never left the room to go to the planform so I am stuck in a room with a shielded boss that absorbs everything that is fired at it, and a closed door between me and the platform that I should be moving to.

Edit: this bug reminds me of the Coritani fight where she would not leave the room and it caused the raid to wipe, only that bug happened when people had their pets out, and in this case nobody in my group had one out.

Edited by Exly

Hi all,

Also happened to me with a buddy yesterday in Alderann. 2nd station, get the boss vulnerable, click the console, it gets destroyed, but boss never leaves and just stands there invulnerable.

We even went again after reset, cleared everything up again, same thing! Really annoying, any news of a fix or workaround, its kinda game breaking imo not able to progress like this...

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i am having a issue with nar shadaa star fortress the sun guard for whatever reason aren't dropping any shield buff items and am about to go into the 2nd stabilizer i am hoping the droids still drop the absorbing things but it's my 4th star fortress and no problems on any of the others besides dieing a lot on the voss one.

edit: just finished and this run was bugged out to hell tho still completable half the enemy's started falling through the floor by the 3rd stabilizer sun guards still didn't drop any shield items tho the droids still dropped absorbing things,also because 1 of the elite black sun guard guys fell through the floor and most of the reinforcements fell through the floor the third stabilizer was easy but for whatever reason the little menu that shows the shield and absorbing thing icons didn't show so i had to go into my inventory mid battle to use the absorbing item the boss was also glitching out there was a few times where he would just pause and stand there for a minute or so doing absolutely nothing, idk what in the world was going on but it was like a walk in a park it was so bugged out.

Edited by spiderbug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same here -- We've just destroyed the last computer bank, and the Exarch just hangs around, fully shielded with no droids dropping.

For the love of Bowie, tell me there's an alternative to resetting and fighting our way back through the whole damned FP. This is supposed to be fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
November 2016, start getting this bug, never had it before for almost a year. Didn't use same Capacitor 2 times, but still had an Exarch bug several times on different toons in different SF's, reseting missions is very annoying. Edited by Sidewaves

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Still bugged. We tried the HOTH Fortress and when we were fighting the Exarch, he became invulnerable in the 2nd room. We clicked on the console but his shield didn't drop. We tried falling to our death and restarting, not better. So now what do I have to do, start over and hope ? :(

• 2 months later...