Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Efe Karacar's sketchbook - 30 days challenge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Art
Efe Karacar's sketchbook - 30 days challenge

Elthiris
04.28.2018 , 11:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lammia View Post
Porg! So cute!

On average, how long did it take to paint one picture? If you don't mind sharing.
That really varies but guess average is 1 hour. Some were 30 min study, some were 5 hours. Specially the ones that looked more wallpaper-ish and had an atmosphere to themselves. Although - none are actual full drawing sessions since I tend to pause and go research on something I think that is going to improve the artwork. Like - after I have blocked out the colors of the the Porg, I paused it to read an article of how they are created by J.J Abrams then went on to look at some puffins anathomy. Not that it added much to the artwork but I now have better idea of how a porg shares similarities with a real-life animal, helps me make easier connections in future drawings for some other animal and some other subconsciously-learnt stuff like that. It is really important to research. You understand the life around you, the world that is being created in front of you and how the gap between is filled.

Lammia
04.29.2018 , 05:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Elthiris View Post
That really varies but guess average is 1 hour. Some were 30 min study, some were 5 hours. Specially the ones that looked more wallpaper-ish and had an atmosphere to themselves. Although - none are actual full drawing sessions since I tend to pause and go research on something I think that is going to improve the artwork. Like - after I have blocked out the colors of the the Porg, I paused it to read an article of how they are created by J.J Abrams then went on to look at some puffins anathomy. Not that it added much to the artwork but I now have better idea of how a porg shares similarities with a real-life animal, helps me make easier connections in future drawings for some other animal and some other subconsciously-learnt stuff like that. It is really important to research. You understand the life around you, the world that is being created in front of you and how the gap between is filled.
Thank you for the answer. Very interesting to see how other artists approach their stuff.
My Art
FIX MALAVAI QUINN CUSTOMISATION IN IOKATH!
This is not the referral you're looking for