Please bring back the opportunity to kill our companions or...

SarinTabun

at least let us change their roles. Here's the reason I ask this.

I've played my Sith Warrior to 50 and during my story one of my companions betrays me. I wanted nothing more than to kill him right then and there. Unfortunately we're not allowed to do that anymore. So now I hate this companion with a passion. Also unfortunately he's possibly my most useful companion being the healer.

Since BW is not going to let us kill our companions please allow us to change what role they perform.

I just have to be right at the part where i've got this companion so i've spoiled loads of the story now. I agree that we should be able to kill off companions that get annoying but to make sure we don't get stuck without them just allow us to buy droid replacements which would be just as useful but be completely boring in every other way.

Except for the fact this would place you at a distinct disadvantage to other players. You would have less companions, thus, less people to send on crew missions or less options available to you.

The whole "gift" system is only in the game for the same reason. So that way people who want to play their character a certain way (i.e. as a very dark side person) won't be prevented from doing romance with certain companions.

that's why they need to come up with ways for us to change our companions roles and not pigeon hole each one into a specific healer, tank or dps role.

also if you choose to kill your companion then you need to own that choice. i would rather kill this guy i hate with a passion and lose a companion than have him around. if that makes me short one companion then that's on me and i accept that responsibility.

on another note i do give massive kudo's to bioware for evoking such emotion from me because of their mega awesome story telling ways. i'm just hoping they expand on companion flexibility later down the line. if ever given the chance, i will rid that guy from my crew in an instant, hopefully by force choking his azz.

So would you want to change a doctors role from being a doctor to a construction worker over night and expect him to do the same work as the worker? Hello Bioware has made our companions actually have lives, they aren't just some blank slate that you can change on a whim it gives them more personality and the like. They are fine the way they are, and like it has been said countless times your going to be gimping yourself if you kill your companion. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

that's why they need to come up with ways for us to change our companions roles and not pigeon hole each one into a specific healer, tank or dps role.

Except it wouldn't make any sense at all.

"Hey, you. I know you're a warrior and all, but the doctor was looking at me funny, so I killed him. You heal just as good as him now, deal?"

So would you want to change a doctors role from being a doctor to a construction worker over night and expect him to do the same work as the worker? Hello Bioware has made our companions actually have lives, they aren't just some blank slate that you can change on a whim it gives them more personality and the like. They are fine the way they are, and like it has been said countless times your going to be gimping yourself if you kill your companion.

i'm not saying that it has to be an easy process to change our companions roles. i just wish that the opportunity was there. i know i'm not the only one that hates a companion or two but you're forced to use them because of how the system is set up.

for example you could have a quest line that involves one of your companions to go through some "training" to change their role. bioware is the king of story telling i know they could do it. also make it where you can't change their roles all willy nilly. there could be a 30 day cooldown on it or something or better yet, you can only do it once per companion forever.

as i've stated before if i choose to gimp myself then that's on me and no one else. i'm a big boy and take responsibility for my actions. so if given the opportunity i would gimp myself in a new york minute if i could kill this companion.

Edited by SarinTabun

i'm not saying that it has to be an easy process to change our companions roles. i just wish that the opportunity was there. i know i'm not the only one that hates a companion or two but you're forced to use them because of how the system is set up.

for example you could have a quest line that involves one of your companions to go through some "training" to change their role. bioware is the king of story telling i know they could do it. also make it where you can't change their roles all willy nilly. there could be a 30 day cooldown on it or something or better yet, you can only do it once per companion forever.

as i've stated before if i choose to gimp myself then that's on me and no one else. i'm a big boy and take responsibility for my actions. so if given the opportunity i would gimp myself in a new york minute if i could kill this companion.

Except the only way the training makes sense, is if it took months or years. Even in KOTOR2, which had the companions able to become Jedi, it took a long time. And they weren't radically changing their skills up to that point, so much as just taking them to the next level.

Main problem here isn't losing companions - you would do it with clear intention to do so, and therefore have to live with this choice.

Problem lies in people that don't realy want to kill them but would still do it to see what happens. And then rivers would flow.

Wait, you mean I permanently killed him? Like, forever?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I despise Theran to the point of not wanting to play my consular anymore, yet he is by far the best companion.

It's actually making the game not fun for me to constantly hear his stupid catch phrases over and over.

Please, letting us swap companion roles would be awesome. I would rather use someone like Qyzan (for one thing, he doesn't talk during combat) but I am in no need of his skill. I need a healer.

Ugh, it looks like I am going to have to reroll, and to choose my class entirely on which companion useful to the class is least irritating.

Or just buff our armor/dps by 25% if we are solo with no companions so we don't have to use one.

Main problem here isn't losing companions - you would do it with clear intention to do so, and therefore have to live with this choice.

Problem lies in people that don't realy want to kill them but would still do it to see what happens. And then rivers would flow.

Wait, you mean I permanently killed him? Like, forever?

Just add the following disclaimer:

"This choice is permanent. If you complain later, the trolls will be merciless."

I don't advocate every companion being able to do every role. However, I think all companions should be able to fulfill two roles. Tank and healer companions can already dps for the most part, but you have dps companions that do nothing else.

this is an excellent idea. i like the way you think. make the dps comps have a healing stance. as it is right now this is the break down of possible roles filled by comps:

Healing - 1

Tank - 2

DPS - 5

If you can't see that's there's something wrong with that ratio then you might want to get your eyes checked. They can also make it where the dps comps healing stance is not as strong as the healer comp's healing stance. since the healer's dps stance isn't that strong.

Actually it is true that you cant change your companions role but you have features that make your companions behave in one way or another, a clear example is Khem Val, he has different stances and you can change them making him into a dps char or a tanky one.

I think killing companions wouldnt work in the current metagame, especially when crafting is something important in this game, you will only be gimping yourself towards the future of you playtime in the game.

Also a lot of people could kill their companion because they felt in that moment were ********s but then in the future regret that decision.

Just give props to BW for making a story driven MMO that let us have companions and making them actually alive and with different personalities, that much gives the game so much variety I doubt you will ever be bored of them.

P.S I dont knwo which companions you hate or love from your diff chars, but I have a IA a JK and a SI and I love all of the companions i met so far.

Actually it is true that you cant change your companions role but you have features that make your companions behave in one way or another, a clear example is Khem Val, he has different stances and you can change them making him into a dps char or a tanky one.

I think killing companions wouldnt work in the current metagame, especially when crafting is something important in this game, you will only be gimping yourself towards the future of you playtime in the game.

Also a lot of people could kill their companion because they felt in that moment were ********s but then in the future regret that decision.

Just give props to BW for making a story driven MMO that let us have companions and making them actually alive and with different personalities, that much gives the game so much variety I doubt you will ever be bored of them.

P.S I dont knwo which companions you hate or love from your diff chars, but I have a IA a JK and a SI and I love all of the companions i met so far.

there is only 1 companion that heals out of all my companions no matter what stances are available and it seems that way for all classes.

also if you choose to kill your companion then you need to own that choice. i would rather kill this guy i hate with a passion and lose a companion than have him around. if that makes me short one companion then that's on me and i accept that responsibility.

You want BW to apply a way to make it so you can change what your companion does role wise, all for the reason of you not liking him?

That's stupid and childish.

There are more things that need to be addressed and fixed that are far more important than you not liking your companion.

Im sure most people dont care about the lore, but these companions are that way because thats what their story background calls for, and would ruin the effect of the story if say i took my companion, Khem Val, and made him healer, when clearly he wants to devour people.

Build a bridge, get over it. Such a petty thing to be hung up on.

at least let us change their roles. Here's the reason I ask this.

I've played my Sith Warrior to 50 and during my story one of my companions betrays me. I wanted nothing more than to kill him right then and there. Unfortunately we're not allowed to do that anymore. So now I hate this companion with a passion. Also unfortunately he's possibly my most useful companion being the healer.

Since BW is not going to let us kill our companions please allow us to change what role they perform.

cause then you would kill off all your companions and you would cry to BioWare, and then they'll have to hold your hand and everybody else's hand, and go "now now, that's not a good little boy."

besides your a sith player you are expected to be betrayed and betray, to kill or get killed. If you didn't want that to happen you shouldn't have played a sith, or did you forget how they operate.

Killing a Companion would be an unwise move for players and changing there roles would destroy their own stories. However let me give you a counter proposal.

The number of deploy able companions is limited by you Characters level so bio ware can add more companions without fear of crew skills being exploited because of it. So they can simply give you missions for extra companions. You must do a whole quest line for the new companions and they have 1 for each role making your total crew 11 (2xCombat Role + Ship Droid).

You want BW to apply a way to make it so you can change what your companion does role wise, all for the reason of you not liking him?

That's stupid and childish.

There are more things that need to be addressed and fixed that are far more important than you not liking your companion.

Im sure most people dont care about the lore, but these companions are that way because thats what their story background calls for, and would ruin the effect of the story if say i took my companion, Khem Val, and made him healer, when clearly he wants to devour people.

Build a bridge, get over it. Such a petty thing to be hung up on.

Did I come on here and rant about how it needs to be fixed right this instant or I would quit my sub? No. Did I say I was hung up on it? No. I'm just voicing my opinion about a mechanic that is in the game that I would like to be changed (someday). Last time I checked I was allowed to do that. To sit here and call me stupid and childish makes you look like a jack0ff.

There's nothing childish about me wanting to kill my companion because of his betrayal. Since I'm not allowed to kill him maybe they could implement something so he would not be the only healer companion that I have so I can keep his butt on the ship and I not have to deal with him.

Only having 1 healing companion is a bad thing since there are 5 dps companions and 2 tanks. It limits how a player can use their companions.

Edited by SarinTabun

cause then you would kill off all your companions and you would cry to BioWare, and then they'll have to hold your hand and everybody else's hand, and go "now now, that's not a good little boy."

Did you even read any of the responses in this thread? Apparently not because I've already addressed this.

besides your a sith player you are expected to be betrayed and betray, to kill or get killed. If you didn't want that to happen you shouldn't have played a sith, or did you forget how they operate.

I know I'm a Sith and if someone betrays me then they die, that's how it works. When I'm betrayed I'm not allowed to kill the guy, instead I have to keep him on my crew and I think it's bullcrap.

Edited by SarinTabun

If you kill your companion you're gonna be down one person to do missions with.. I guess if you want to take that responsibility that's fine.. maybe if you eventually wanted them back you could go to a cloning facility or something and the storyline would be that they made a clone of your companion and you want them back. Otherwise maybe you could replace them with droids or something.