Alacrity vs Crit Rating

--Ramzes--

Hey all - looking for some opinions:

When looking into upgrading to the new tier of Augments, (I'm a PvE Operative/Medicine healer), I can either go Alacrity or Crit Rating.

The way MMOs used to work back in the day was that crit % meant everything, especially for caster DPS and healers. Is that the case with SWTOR?

I've tried to do the math on it and it seems like get better value with the crit % and crit magnitude by investing in that rather than going full alacrity and shaving a fraction of a second off cast times.

But I've also heard talk of certain stats getting maxed at a certain percentage...so looking for feedback.

Thx all

Edited by --Ramzes--
Typo

Thanks for the link. Candidly, I'm finding all of that hard to digest. Looking for a more direct answer if someone wouldn't mind explaining!

You want to get yourself to the DR cap in alacrity and critical. When they changed how both worked in 4.0 that made include both in your build the only way to reach peak output. If you were optimized in 4.0 the change in 5.0 isn't much different. The thread that was shared is still very valid information.