Dowutin

CainMarkoSith

Is SWTOR prohibbited from accessing Disney Canon species for in game use?

Hard to say without seeing the contracts between EA and Disney.

However, based on the pictures I found of what Dowutin look like, it's unlikely anyway. They look way too bulky to be a good fit with the existing gear in the game. They would need to either rework all current armour sets and guns, or create new ones that are Dowutin-only, and put a reverse "No-Dowutin" restriction on all the rest.

Hard to say without seeing the contracts between EA and Disney.

However, based on the pictures I found of what Dowutin look like, it's unlikely anyway. They look way too bulky to be a good fit with the existing gear in the game. They would need to either rework all current armour sets and guns, or create new ones that are Dowutin-only, and put a reverse "No-Dowutin" restriction on all the rest.

I don't mean as a PC, although that would be cool. Could they not even be encountered as NPC's tp meet with game verse like Hutts or other unusual sentient beings. Or as a companion?

I don't mean as a PC, although that would be cool. Could they not even be encountered as NPC's tp meet with game verse like Hutts or other unusual sentient beings. Or as a companion?

OK, fair enough. Species requests like this are *usually* seeking to have them be playable, which is why I made that comment. And I strongly doubt that there's any contractish reason for it, but more likely just the point that there's only so much room in the development schedule, so there has to be a reason beyond simply "because they exist in canon" for adding them. (After all, why them and not Zeltrons or whatever?)

OK, fair enough. Species requests like this are *usually* seeking to have them be playable, which is why I made that comment. And I strongly doubt that there's any contractish reason for it, but more likely just the point that there's only so much room in the development schedule, so there has to be a reason beyond simply "because they exist in canon" for adding them. (After all, why them and not Zeltrons or whatever?)

I think their size and design make them interesting. There just aren't that many really big sentient species in SW and Dowutin definitely are massive, even compared to Wookies. I loved the shorty story that was done on Grummgar from SW:TFA and they have interesting lore in the Fantasy Flight rpg.