flash point gear question

jasoncollins

wanted to gear my lv 20 smuggler up

can i grab gear soloing the fp on another char and pass the gear boss drops to my smuggler or is it just the plain blues that drop in chest

flashpoint gear binds so you can only use the gear you get on the same character you did the flashpoint on

Not entirely accurate. Yes, equipment that drops off bosses in FPs are Bind on Pickup (BoP), BUT there is a way (albeit expensive) to get the item modifications within the gear to another character. The steps are as follows:

1. acquire Bound to Legacy (BtL) gear. There are several sources: capital planets have vendors for each class, several event area vendors (Gree and Bounty spring to mind but there may be others). This can cost a little or a lot.

2. run FP on higher level character and acquire gear.

3. rip the item modifications out of the gear that dropped (doing so is a credit sink; you will have to spend credits to do so) and put them into the BtL gear. NOTE: Armorings, Barrels, and Hilts are gear slot specific (you cannot put an armoring from a helmet into a chest piece) so it is a good idea to acquire a full set of BtL gear so this will not be an issue.

4. mail the BtL gear piece(s) to the lower level character

5. rip the item modifications out of the BtL gear (again spending credits to do so) and put them into whatever moddable gear your lower level character has.

A FAR easier alternative, is to simply use planetary comms on a higher level character to purchase level appropriate gear and/or item modifications and mail them to the lower level character.

Not entirely accurate. Yes, equipment that drops off bosses in FPs are Bind on Pickup (BoP), BUT there is a way (albeit expensive) to get the item modifications within the gear to another character. The steps are as follows:

1. acquire Bound to Legacy (BtL) gear. There are several sources: capital planets have vendors for each class, several event area vendors (Gree and Bounty spring to mind but there may be others). This can cost a little or a lot.

2. run FP on higher level character and acquire gear.

3. rip the item modifications out of the gear that dropped (doing so is a credit sink; you will have to spend credits to do so) and put them into the BtL gear. NOTE: Armorings, Barrels, and Hilts are gear slot specific (you cannot put an armoring from a helmet into a chest piece) so it is a good idea to acquire a full set of BtL gear so this will not be an issue.

4. mail the BtL gear piece(s) to the lower level character

5. rip the item modifications out of the BtL gear (again spending credits to do so) and put them into whatever moddable gear your lower level character has.

A FAR easier alternative, is to simply use planetary comms on a higher level character to purchase level appropriate gear and/or item modifications and mail them to the lower level character.

Well, when Galactic Strongholds comes out, this should no longer be an issue, as i think that you can put Bound gear into your Stronghold's Legacy box thingy.

There has been no information on legacy storage other than we will have legacy storage. As far as what will or will not work they haven't said yet. Though people have asked them about bound gear no answer has been given as yet to my knowledge. Edited by ScarletBlaze