Huttball scoring is "useless"?

gamercrux

Hi!

I noticed that scoring the ball doesnt give you anything more than 1 point. I mean, you should get medals for scoring X points. Because if you devote yourself to actually win the match (score 6points) you will get mb 1 medal and therefore no valor etc.

Also, the medals that require you to crit 2.5 are real stupid. Since either you can or you cannot crit 2.5. No skill is required to do that. To see that there is a medal requiring you to crit high instead of winning the game makes you wonder....

Hi!

I noticed that scoring the ball doesnt give you anything more than 1 point. I mean, you should get medals for scoring X points. Because if you devote yourself to actually win the match (score 6points) you will get mb 1 medal and therefore no valor etc.

Also, the medals that require you to crit 2.5 are real stupid. Since either you can or you cannot crit 2.5. No skill is required to do that. To see that there is a medal requiring you to crit high instead of winning the game makes you wonder....

It's probably to discourage people being too greedy with the ball and not pass them to team members.

Maybe there can be medals you win if you assist a lot to the scorer, kinda like football.

I agree there should definately be proper rewards for playing matches properly. The other day I for example did 3 or 4 goals in one game with 1-2 people helping me out. At the end of the match I was somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard while the people who did nothing towards us actually winning and just randomly fought somewhere gained all the medals and rewards.

As someone who is equally passionate about football and PvP, I find huttball to be pretty incredible, but I also find it pretty frustrating that we're not rewarded properly for scoring. There's no incentive at all for winning the game, shutting out your opponent, or really even scoring touchdowns.

A couple guildmates and I will usually queue as a group. We'll just roll in and score 3-4 times within the first minute or two, and then spend the rest of the match farming kills/medals (unless some wreckless Tebow on our team decides to 6 cap.)

This is probably going to be the way to do it until something changes.

As someone who is equally passionate about football and PvP, I find huttball to be pretty incredible, but I also find it pretty frustrating that we're not rewarded properly for scoring. There's no incentive at all for winning the game, shutting out your opponent, or really even scoring touchdowns.

A couple guildmates and I will usually queue as a group. We'll just roll in and score 3-4 times within the first minute or two, and then spend the rest of the match farming kills/medals (unless some wreckless Tebow on our team decides to 6 cap.)

This is probably going to be the way to do it until something changes.

To append this - After thinking about it a bit, I kind of think that this is the way it should stay. If you think about how football works, there's no hardcap to scoring. You take the lead then control the clock. If you do this in huttball, you shift the focus from scoring to PvP where it should be. You're not only going to win the game, you're going to come away with kills, medals, xp, comms and the satisfaction of cleaning gallons of blood from your blade.

..... You're not only going to win the game, you're going to come away with kills, medals, xp, comms and the satisfaction of cleaning gallons of blood from your blade.

But it's a lightsaber for many of us... lightsabers would just burn off the blood and it's light so the blood wouldn't even stay on the saber since it's not a solid object.

This thread so much proff why there shouldt be a medal for scoring ....

Its a team effort, and you get rewarded with winning, damn ego nowdays!

i guess the guy who was walking in the right direction deserves the major reward for scoring? and not all the people who CC/heal/protect him. hmmm :rolleyes:

Edited by Screek

Hi!

Hey there is a value in the summary screen showing how much you carried the ball. So if you are one who scored, that contribution value will be higher. I often vote for those who have that highest value, but i am not sure how this contribution value affect xp, creds or value points. Thats still a mystery to me.