Ilum world pvp return update.

Envyyyyyyy

Is there any more news on this? I remember hearing a few things about it recently. Did some searching couldn't really find anything of value.

I miss ilum and i hope they bring it back in the next update!! I love PVP in this game, I just wish there was more than just warzones...

If anyone has any news let me know! Thank you.

Do not play melee in this Open World event to come!!! the PvP slideshow will own you.

I'm happy to have a powertech for this. Rapid shots FTW. I wish I had the Rapid Shots vid for this thread. Marauders do not have Rapid Shots.

Pffft ill be there.

any idea on when the update is or event... i remember something was coming in jan/feb

The only thing even possibly related to this was when a dev in an interview said something to the effect that "the subject which we can not mention is making progress". Depending on your point of view, this was in reference to class balance changes (1.7?), level expansion (Makeb, which was officially announced subsequently), open world pvp, new playable races, or any of a host of other possibilities.

Speaking of the future – we have two excellent updates coming your way in the upcoming months. In our Game Update 1.7 you should look forward to some interesting changes to a special PvP area that you have all been asking about (sorry for being cryptic, but this is technically not announced yet), as well as a visit from some old friends, The Gree Enclave (though maybe not in a way you would expect).

Topic #2: World PvP – What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Edited by Zarrot

Such a vague statement.... what does that even mean lol is it like new outlaws den stuff?

The Western Ice Shelf is the Illum PvP area. So, I would guess in a few weeks we will start seeing more about 1.7 and know for sure.

If they're sticking to the 6 week time frame about what time would the next update be? 2nd week of feb?

I assume they are unless they want to take a rash of **** and 1.6 dropped 12/11 so we would be looking at last week of January. So I would expect something on PTS in a week or so.

Edited by Zarrot

Ilum needs to return so that people can multibox or a larger warzone similar to av in wow. Imagine having 5 snipers under your control all firing at the exact same time or maybe 5 operatives. You can also try multiboxing with more than 5 characters and include some healers. Only problem is you will need a computer for each character and special hardware to link all the computers to one keyboard and mouse. Edited by Knockerz

Ilum needs to return so that people can multibox or a larger warzone similar to av in wow. Imagine having 5 snipers under your control all firing at the exact same time or maybe 5 operatives. You can also try multiboxing with more than 5 characters and include some healers. Only problem is you will need a computer for each character and special hardware to link all the computers to one keyboard and mouse.

Or just use VMs...

lol i never really had a problem with lag but i have a very strong PC.. it would get low, but nothing terrible.

any idea on when the update is or event... i remember something was coming in jan/feb

Your PC has NOTHING to do with server latency. When 200+ players get together and start PvP'ing, you will experience what everyone else does, your computer is irrelevant lol.